Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is totally unfair. I have stepped up and sent my player on lots of useless travel which is the dumb bargain you have to make to play at this level. I am allowed to be relieved when one of the trips is cancelled for a change.

If not, my player would have been there as always. We don't all have to be all in with this damn leagues. I am just as annoyed with the parent that drink the kool aide and dont resist all the travel.
    Oh, knock it off. Your wife and I are both disappointed your trip was cancelled.

Comment

That is totally unfair. I have stepped up and sent my player on lots of useless travel which is the dumb bargain you have to make to play at this level. I am allowed to be relieved when one of the trips is cancelled for a change.

If not, my player would have been there as always. We don't all have to be all in with this damn leagues. I am just as annoyed with the parent that drink the kool aide and dont resist all the travel.
      RELIEVED??????? This was a college showcase! If your kid doesn’t have aspirations to play in college, why th hell is she playing ECNL?

Comment

RELIEVED??????? This was a college showcase! If your kid doesn’t have aspirations to play in college, why th hell is she playing ECNL?
        I agree with the other guy. My daughter wants to play D3 and is just happens to be good enough to be a starter for FSA. She has offers to the schools she likes. We are ok with saving a few bucks since it was cancelled. You need to see all sides before judging everything. We've sacrificed enough with this team and for this club & players that shouldn't be on an ECNL squad.

Comment

If not, my player would have been there as always. We don't all have to be all in with this damn leagues. I am just as annoyed with the parent that drink the kool aide and don't resist all the travel.
          kool aide??? more like Dom Perignon. You bought it opened the most expensive bottle in the house and now your not going to drink, because you just learned the place has a mandatory %20 tip the place. In disgust you just pay for the bottle and walk out with out the bottle (atleast you did not have tip).

~$4200 and your kid is not serious and your bitching having to attend the largest College showcase that ECNL puts on in the east coast for the entire year. Your kid plays high-school varsity soccer then choose to spend that kind of money on tuition and uniform.

If, and that is big If, ECNL is the best of the best around and this is the "level" you want her to play at it's pretty safe bet that your going to have to travel some distance to play the best of best from other areas.

There are so many other soccer options in the state. If your daughter is not all in why is not playing some other sport.

I agree the fees are crazy and the travel sucks but most NPL and above programs are traveling south at highschool ages for big showcases. Season it too short in the northeast to not travel in the winter.

Comment

I agree with the other guy. My daughter wants to play D3 and is just happens to be good enough to be a starter for FSA. She has offers to the schools she likes. We are ok with saving a few bucks since it was cancelled. You need to see all sides before judging everything. We've sacrificed enough with this team and for this club & players that shouldn't be on an ECNL squad.
            What about the players that wanted to play at higher level or and hoping to get some college money? Couple players and parent too lazy to follow through on that was most likely explained and mapped out before you guys signed on.

This event has been going on for years and one the biggest for the ECNL teams in terms of getting infront of the college coaches. If your tired of sacrifices you should leave plenty of other hungry players would jumped at the chance to go.

Comment

What about the players that wanted to play at higher level or and hoping to get some college money? Couple players and parent too lazy to follow through on that was most likely explained and mapped out before you guys signed on.

This event has been going on for years and one the biggest for the ECNL teams in terms of getting infront of the college coaches. If your tired of sacrifices you should leave plenty of other hungry players would jumped at the chance to go.
              You think it is all so perfect and I don't. We always show up and do good job so lay off. I get that the travel is part of it and we do it. I don't have to be some stupid polly anna this is great parent. Player is really good and loves to compete. I hate the travel, not my player. I have no idea what the best fit is for your player and that is your job, not mine. Same goes for me.

Comment

So this is the problem with ecnl at
                Fsa. Half of team has very low aspirations.

Comment

That's actually an interesting post. Elaborate. BTW (I don't disagree)

Comment

Tiresome. Same thing over and over. Ecnl, gda are after the same market. Some want to get recruited for college soccer, some want to walk on, some want to play club or intramural, and some do not want to play soccer in college. 11 players on the field will have 11 different paths.

Your weakest player may want to go pro and your strongest player may want to be a double science major and move on from soccer. Sorry they don't fit in your narrow little definition of who should be doing what.

Comment

Tiresome. Same thing over and over. Ecnl, gda are after the same market. Some want to get recruited for college soccer, some want to walk on, some want to play club or intramural, and some do not want to play soccer in college. 11 players on the field will have 11 different paths.

Your weakest player may want to go pro and your strongest player may want to be a double science major and move on from soccer. Sorry they don't fit in your narrow little definition of who should be doing what.
                      There aren't many ECNL kids that aren't chasing college soccer. It's an expensive time consuming grind that's a means to an end for most. If club is your goal it's best to just pick a decent local premier team.

Comment

Or they quickly figure out their original aspirations were way too high. It can suck the enthusiasm right out

Comment

There aren't many ECNL kids that aren't chasing college soccer. It's an expensive time consuming grind that's a means to an end for most. If club is your goal it's best to just pick a decent local premier team.
                          My daughter loves to play. She would've went if it wasn't cancelled. I know I'm in the minority on how it played out, but she could get to her D3 school without flying to every showcase. She went to her choices IDs and they liked what she can do. The FSA ECNL coaches love the way she plays enough to have her as a starter. Should she just give up her spot on that team because some NPL (coaches choice) player that dreams of D1 gets a look?
                          No..... She still competes at a high enough level that the coaches mad a decision on her. The only choice she wants is a few D3 schools.

You think CFC ECNL doesn't have a couple parents or kids that are thinking the same way?

Like I said, we would've gone but are happy the club made it easier for us. Every kid has different options and paths for college.

Don't Hate the player, hate the game

Comment

Put down the keyboard FSA boy, you are now posting for the sake of posting.

If your kid is targeting D3, playing ECNL and attending ID camps that is the very definition of chasing collge soccer. Whether it's the ACC or community college, you are spending time and money on her quest to continue to play soccer.

A few posts you gave the example of ECNL kids with goals to play club and intramural. That's highly unlikely but I suppose in the case of FSA that's about the realistic level for them.

As far as missing FL goes your view is a selfish one. There are kids on that roster with your kid that were dealt a major setback last week. D1 schools have a finite amount of funds and use a few major events to evaluate players. While it may not have directly impact your princess and perhaps saved you a few bucks in travel, it's hugely detrimental to the majority of players. Everyone from ACC schools to Williams and Amherst were on those sidelines.

Lastly, your Don't hate the player quote was completely out of context and makes no sense.

Take the rest of the day off. You've done enough

QUOTE=Unregistered;2175954]My daughter loves to play. She would've went if it wasn't cancelled. I know I'm in the minority on how it played out, but she could get to her D3 school without flying to every showcase. She went to her choices IDs and they liked what she can do. The FSA ECNL coaches love the way she plays enough to have her as a starter. Should she just give up her spot on that team because some NPL (coaches choice) player that dreams of D1 gets a look?
                            No..... She still competes at a high enough level that the coaches mad a decision on her. The only choice she wants is a few D3 schools.

You think CFC ECNL doesn't have a couple parents or kids that are thinking the same way?

Like I said, we would've gone but are happy the club made it easier for us. Every kid has different options and paths for college.

Don't Hate the player, hate the game[/QUOTE]

Comment

Put down the keyboard FSA boy, you are now posting for the sake of posting.

If your kid is targeting D3, playing ECNL and attending ID camps that is the very definition of chasing collge soccer. Whether it's the ACC or community college, you are spending time and money on her quest to continue to play soccer.

A few posts you gave the example of ECNL kids with goals to play club and intramural. That's highly unlikely but I suppose in the case of FSA that's about the realistic level for them.

As far as missing FL goes your view is a selfish one. There are kids on that roster with your kid that were dealt a major setback last week. D1 schools have a finite amount of funds and use a few major events to evaluate players. While it may not have directly impact your princess and perhaps saved you a few bucks in travel, it's hugely detrimental to the majority of players. Everyone from ACC schools to Williams and Amherst were on those sidelines.

Lastly, your Don't hate the player quote was completely out of context and makes no sense.

Take the rest of the day off. You've done enough

QUOTE=Unregistered;2175954]My daughter loves to play. She would've went if it wasn't cancelled. I know I'm in the minority on how it played out, but she could get to her D3 school without flying to every showcase. She went to her choices IDs and they liked what she can do. The FSA ECNL coaches love the way she plays enough to have her as a starter. Should she just give up her spot on that team because some NPL (coaches choice) player that dreams of D1 gets a look?

Don't Hate the player, hate the game
                              [/QUOTE]

I think it is stupid to fly to Florida to play to match Northeast kids with Northeast schools. I think your attitude sucks. I think your kid and all the other kids should play in more local leagues and dispense with these nonsense do called national leagues.

But I am sure you could care less what I think you should do with your player. Well same.

Comment

I think it is stupid to fly to Florida to play to match Northeast kids with Northeast schools. I think your attitude sucks. I think your kid and all the other kids should play in more local leagues and dispense with these nonsense do called national leagues.

But I am sure you could care less what I think you should do with your player. Well same.[/QUOTE]

Previous poster was correct. You contradicted yourself when you revealed your kid was off to D3.

All kids on ECNL desire collge soccer at one level or another. I can only think of one outlier. There was a girl that played with my kid that got a ride to an ACC school for lax. Ridiculous athlet that loves to compete. Finally gave up ECNL because it's a waste of time and money for them. Everyone else with no exception is gunning for collegiate soccer.

Ps. Have you ever been to one of theses events? Its schools from all ove the country

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X