Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPP loans to NY Soccer Clubs

These seem to be the organizations in NY that took bailout money. If they also kept the fees on top of all this tax money they took - NOT OK. Pay the staff with our fees or our taxes but you do not get both.

DOWNTOWN UNITED SOCCER CLULocationNEW YORK, NYBusiness TypeNon-Profit OrganizationLoan Amount$350,000-1 millionDate ApprovedMay 3, 2020

SUSA SOCCER TRAINING, LLCLocationSMITHTOWN, NYBusiness TypeLimited Liability Company (LLC)Loan Amount$350,000-1 millionDate ApprovedApril 7,

GLOBALL SOCCER CONSULTING, INC.LocationPLAINVIEW, NYBusiness TypeCorporationLoan Amount$150,000-350,000Date ApprovedApril 15, 2020

MANHATTAN SOCCER CLUB, INC.
    LocationNEW YORK, NYBusiness TypeNon-Profit OrganizationLoan Amount$350,000-1 millionDate ApprovedApril 28, 2020

WEST CHESTER UNITED SOCCER CLUBLocationWEST CHESTER, PABusiness TypeNon-Profit OrganizationLoan Amount$150,000-350,000Date ApprovedApril 15, 2020

ELEPHANT SOCCER CLUB OF HARLEM, INCLocationNEW YORK, NYBusiness TypeCorporationLoan Amount$150,000-350,000Date ApprovedJune 5, 2020

STREET SOCCER USA INC-SBA SMALL 7A TERMLocationNEW YORK, NYBusiness TypeNon-Profit OrganizationLoan Amount$150,000-350,000Date ApprovedMay 3, 2020

NEW YORK SOCCER CLUB OF WESTCHESTER-SBA SMALL 7A TERMLocationPURCHASE, NYBusiness TypeNon-Profit OrganizationLoan Amount$150,000-350,000Date ApprovedMay 3, 2020

While I completely agree that all clubs should have given refunds for services not given, it's not the parents responsibility, it would be a mistake to think that these clubs didn't suffer large losses during the down time despite only giving small credits or refunds.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      While I completely agree that all clubs should have given refunds for services not given, it's not the parents responsibility, it would be a mistake to think that these clubs didn't suffer large losses during the down time despite only giving small credits or refunds.
      They did not suffer large losses. They kept the fees and kept the hundreds of thousands to A MILLION dollars of tax money on top of it. Prove it or you have a lot of ticked off fee payers and tax payers.

Comment

They did not suffer large losses. They kept the fees and kept the hundreds of thousands to A MILLION dollars of tax money on top of it. Prove it or you have a lot of ticked off fee payers and tax payers.
        Pre-season camps didn't happen. Pre-season tournaments didn't happen. Memorial Day and Fathers Day tournaments did not happen. Specialty training sessions such as goalkeeper training didn't happen. Clubs that own facilities and rent them out such as KK and SUSA have been unable to do so for the past three months.

Comment

Pre-season camps didn't happen. Pre-season tournaments didn't happen. Memorial Day and Fathers Day tournaments did not happen. Specialty training sessions such as goalkeeper training didn't happen. Clubs that own facilities and rent them out such as KK and SUSA have been unable to do so for the past three months.
          They have incurred no expenses for those events. They need to prove they did with all this money. Let the people see the evidence or no one will believe. Soccer clubs are not worthy of trust as has been shown time after time after time.

everyone has suffered in this viral crap show. if these clubs are so worth over the pain and suffering of their customers - they better prove it.

Comment

They have incurred no expenses for those events. They need to prove they did with all this money. Let the people see the evidence or no one will believe. Soccer clubs are not worthy of trust as has been shown time after time after time.

everyone has suffered in this viral crap show. if these clubs are so worth over the pain and suffering of their customers - they better prove it.
            No expenses? That's not true. Take the loss of a pre-season tournament at SUSA or KK for example. They are still paying mortgage payments on the facilities. They are still paying for basic utilities (though obviously lowered). They are still paying for insurance. They are still paying property taxes. They had paid for advertising leading up to the event. Maybe with the expected income they had upgraded parts of the facilities ahead of time. And possibly many more indirect expenses. And since the whole idea behind PPP is to keep people hired, they are still paying their employees salaries.

Comment

They said the fees were for the staff. Now the PPP is for the staff? Smells bad. Really bad. Show us what you got and show us what you spent or we think you are full of crap.

Comment

They said the fees were for the staff. Now the PPP is for the staff? Smells bad. Really bad. Show us what you got and show us what you spent or we think you are full of crap.
                Ok, you are arguing something that I didn't say. I fully agree that there should have been money for larger refunds/credits. I just disagree that they didn't have loss of income while retaining many expenses when I can easily point out numerous ways that they did.

Comment

No expenses? That's not true. Take the loss of a pre-season tournament at SUSA or KK for example. They are still paying mortgage payments on the facilities. They are still paying for basic utilities (though obviously lowered). They are still paying for insurance. They are still paying property taxes. They had paid for advertising leading up to the event. Maybe with the expected income they had upgraded parts of the facilities ahead of time. And possibly many more indirect expenses. And since the whole idea behind PPP is to keep people hired, they are still paying their employees salaries.
                  And still collecting and not returning tuition. Save your breath they are crooks. On a side note, I checked for lacrosse clubs and don't see any in NY that took a loan over 150k(didnt check below 150k). Seems like soccer clubs take the prize for biggest crooks!!! Not that LAX are not also crooks but seems soccer rises above all filth. Soccer takes ALL tuition plus taxpayer money that they shouldn't need because they collected all revenue without providing a service in return. At least the lax teams only cheated paying members and not everyone.

Comment

Ok, you are arguing something that I didn't say. I fully agree that there should have been money for larger refunds/credits. I just disagree that they didn't have loss of income while retaining many expenses when I can easily point out numerous ways that they did.
                    They are not refunding the fees. Agree or do not agree makes no difference- they KEPT THE FEES. and they kept the tax bail out and they claimed both were to pay staff. Double dipping sleeze.

Comment

So, if a club with 1000 returning players has given each a $350 credit, that’s $350,000 of revenue that they are not getting. Not that complicated. Also, most of the clubs on that list are non for profits. No body is pocketing a big win here.

Comment

A lot of Americans are paying mortgages and got laid off. Which ones got between 150k and 1m for a few months ..... Oh yeah, and still got their full wages? Cry me a f#ckibg river. I hope these clubs pay a huge price for doing this. If covid happens again this fall winter and spring , they better refund 100% or they will be out of business next year for sure by more discriminating customers .... No more bailouts for sure!

Comment

So, if a club with 1000 returning players has given each a $350 credit, that’s $350,000 of revenue that they are not getting. Not that complicated. Also, most of the clubs on that list are non for profits. No body is pocketing a big win here.
                          Ummmmm.....so that is why they get the PPP. They dont keep the fees because they did not have any soccer for their customers. They return the fees and use the PPP to cover the damage. That is what the darn TRILLION dollar package was for. See how that works? Everyone seems to get it but you.

Comment

A lot of Americans are paying mortgages and got laid off. Which ones got between 150k and 1m for a few months ..... Oh yeah, and still got their full wages? Cry me a f#ckibg river. I hope these clubs pay a huge price for doing this. If covid happens again this fall winter and spring , they better refund 100% or they will be out of business next year for sure by more discriminating customers .... No more bailouts for sure!
                            This. They simply should not have kept the fees if they took the PPP. Period.

Comment

This. They simply should not have kept the fees if they took the PPP. Period.
                              The PPP loan is maxed at 2.5 times a company’s payroll. That would have covered March, April and half of May. Then the clubs would have fired all the coaches and most would have gone under. How would that helped your kids’ soccer future?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X