Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGS Good club in Ocoee, FL

Normally all that is on Talking soccer is the bashing of clubs, teams, parents kids etc.

We have had a great experience at GGS (Golden Goal Soccer). They are led by Marcos Machado and his son Marconi. They are not perfect. They are somewhat in between a small club and a good size club. They have always had great coaches. Their fees are reasonable and their summer training is top notch.

If you are ever looking for a good club and Ocoee is convenient for you come out!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Normally all that is on Talking soccer is the bashing of clubs, teams, parents kids etc.

We have had a great experience at GGS (Golden Goal Soccer). They are led by Marcos Machado and his son Marconi. They are not perfect. They are somewhat in between a small club and a good size club. They have always had great coaches. Their fees are reasonable and their summer training is top notch.

If you are ever looking for a good club and Ocoee is convenient for you come out!
    They are a very good club and the both of them are very good coaches/trainers.

Comment

Played against them. I think they teach fundamentals very well. The teams are a bit on the dirty side at a young age, but that is part of soccer too so you have to be ok with that if you go there.

They are a very good club and the both of them are very good coaches/trainers.

Comment

Played against them. I think they teach fundamentals very well. The teams are a bit on the dirty side at a young age, but that is part of soccer too so you have to be ok with that if you go there.

They probably play futsal witch teaches the kids to be tough sounds like good trainers.

Comment

They probably play futsal witch teaches the kids to be tough sounds like good trainers.
          Ideasports is the much better option.

Comment

Probably do. Tough is one thing, dirty is another though. Late slide tackles, yelling at refs, crazy parents etc. Not sure that just comes from Futsal. And it was 2 different age groups I saw. Like I said earlier, there is a brand of soccer where that is commonplace so your kids have to learn to deal with it. They were fundamentally sound in addition to all the nonsense. So while I personally wouldn't be interested in the club, I can't say they don't know what they are doing and wouldn't tell someone not to go there. It is just a style preference.

Comment

They are good if you can afford them. Personally I dont think any youth soccer program is worth that money unless you have lots to spare

Comment

Probably do. Tough is one thing, dirty is another though. Late slide tackles, yelling at refs, crazy parents etc. Not sure that just comes from Futsal. And it was 2 different age groups I saw. Like I said earlier, there is a brand of soccer where that is commonplace so your kids have to learn to deal with it. They were fundamentally sound in addition to all the nonsense. So while I personally wouldn't be interested in the club, I can't say they don't know what they are doing and wouldn't tell someone not to go there. It is just a style preference.
                Also, make sure and check their passes with rosters. My son played in a game using someone else’s pass. I found out after. One of the many reason why we left.

Comment

Sounds like they must be friends with that coach from ISA back 2-3 seasons ago. He pulled that stuff all the time (and always demanded to personally check the other team's passes)

Also, make sure and check their passes with rosters. My son played in a game using someone else’s pass. I found out after. One of the many reason why we left.

Comment

fees are 3x as much. Not sure the coaching is any better. Ideasports fields are better if they can keep them

Comment

about 10% of the parents are really loud which makes it seem like all of us are. Our team had a history of mouthing off to the refs etc. that has all left to ideasport...

Comment

Yelling at refs/crazy parents come on that's every team every club. late tackles ok well you where their . think you came up against some tough kids/team they work under pressure at practice and probably do Futsal, some finesse teams/parents usually call it dirty its not. sounds like some great coaches tho .

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2785380]Yelling at refs/crazy parents come on that's every team every club. late tackles ok well you where their . think you came up against some tough kids/team they work under pressure at practice and probably do Futsal, some finesse teams/parents usually call it dirty its not. sounds like some great coaches tho .[/

You need to go back to GRAMMAR school coach!

Comment

I understand dirty is somewhat in the eye of the beholder. That's why I said I wouldn't tell someone not to go there over it. It is a style. If you watch international soccer, you see every team has physical players and few dirty ones. Some teams play that as a style. If you watch Peru play, you know the game will he ugly. If you watch the Dutch play, they may have some dirty plays but it isn't the typical style. I prefer the latter. But both are valid ways to try to win a game.

Yelling at refs/crazy parents come on that's every team every club. late tackles ok well you where their . think you came up against some tough kids/team they work under pressure at practice and probably do Futsal, some finesse teams/parents usually call it dirty its not. sounds like some great coaches tho .

Comment

Still a pretty new club but they are heading in the right direction. My son played 2 seasons before he aged out. We were very happy at GGS. Liked the coach and Marcos and Marconi are top notch guys.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X