Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Huh. I must be the only one that doesn’t have a problem with this. As long as they attempted to do something like zoom I’m cool with it.
    i only have a problem with it if they kept the fees. The PPP was for companies that lost their customers so they could still pay their employees. The soccer clubs kept all their customers whether the customers wanted it or not. No PPP for for soccer clubs that kept the customer fees.

Comment

Huh. I must be the only one that doesn’t have a problem with this. As long as they attempted to do something like zoom I’m cool with it.

Incorrect takeaway

i only have a problem with it if they kept the fees. The PPP was for companies that lost their customers so they could still pay their employees. The soccer clubs kept all their customers whether the customers wanted it or not. No PPP for for soccer clubs that kept the customer fees.

Correct takeaway

Comment

To me the issue isn't the virtual training, but the clubs that laid off or furloughed most/all their coaches and then didn't give credits/refunds. Apparently there were a few in NJ.
        It’s time for those parents to stand up and be counted for. Ask for a refund or don’t pay money to those clubs anymore. Who else would continue to pay money to organizations that are basically stealing from you and lying to you.

Comment

EDP league fees and tourney fees supposedly were credited at 85%. The clubs had all spring fees collected at the latest by March for the current season. Many clubs asked for deposits and next years fees already. What exactly was the hardship for the clubs? Poor cash flow management? Most field rentals will not have been paid. They may have smaller fixed costs liked insurance and rent but labor is the main cost.

Clubs can't have it both ways. They are out virtually no revenue, they have all your money and on top of that they have next year's money and a loan that will turn into a grant. So they are PROFITING off the pandemic. They will get 8 weeks of salary for coaches which has already been paid for by us it will turn into a grant and straight into the owner's pocket. The club owner can collect an additional 8,666(prorated of 100k) per club he/she lists themselves as owner on. And then the owner gets an additional 25% for his other costs such as rent or utilities paid for by good ole Uncle Sam. The owner is whole as they have spring 2020 fees and 2020 fall fees now. Some clubs are running summer trainings and saying that is your spring season. A couple games, reduced practices and one tournament vs 8-10 games, 3x week practice and 2-3 tourneys and then giving a tiny credit to be used in spring of next year. If anything it shows these clubs are money making machines and will take advantage of any opportunity to make money. Development very funny...and then the poor coaches who are the face of the sham have to go out and try to appease parents.

Ticketmaster didn't show me a virtual concert of Billy Joel and tell me they will credit me 10% of my tickets for a January show but I need to purchase new ones lol. They said you can keep your tickets for Jan or get a FULL refund.

Your doctor didn't cancel your appointment and then ask you to pay for it and submit it to insurance and then ask you to pay for the makeup appointment. Because that would be fraud lol.

Parents will all deal with it and it sucks but don't try to justify it with zoom or we are CLUB strong or ONE team One family or whatever nonsense slogan they feed us. Players first....hahhahahah

Comment

EDP league fees and tourney fees supposedly were credited at 85%. The clubs had all spring fees collected at the latest by March for the current season. Many clubs asked for deposits and next years fees already. What exactly was the hardship for the clubs? Poor cash flow management? Most field rentals will not have been paid. They may have smaller fixed costs liked insurance and rent but labor is the main cost.

Clubs can't have it both ways. They are out virtually no revenue, they have all your money and on top of that they have next year's money and a loan that will turn into a grant. So they are PROFITING off the pandemic. They will get 8 weeks of salary for coaches which has already been paid for by us it will turn into a grant and straight into the owner's pocket. The club owner can collect an additional 8,666(prorated of 100k) per club he/she lists themselves as owner on. And then the owner gets an additional 25% for his other costs such as rent or utilities paid for by good ole Uncle Sam. The owner is whole as they have spring 2020 fees and 2020 fall fees now. Some clubs are running summer trainings and saying that is your spring season. A couple games, reduced practices and one tournament vs 8-10 games, 3x week practice and 2-3 tourneys and then giving a tiny credit to be used in spring of next year. If anything it shows these clubs are money making machines and will take advantage of any opportunity to make money. Development very funny...and then the poor coaches who are the face of the sham have to go out and try to appease parents.

Ticketmaster didn't show me a virtual concert of Billy Joel and tell me they will credit me 10% of my tickets for a January show but I need to purchase new ones lol. They said you can keep your tickets for Jan or get a FULL refund.

Your doctor didn't cancel your appointment and then ask you to pay for it and submit it to insurance and then ask you to pay for the makeup appointment. Because that would be fraud lol.

Parents will all deal with it and it sucks but don't try to justify it with zoom or we are CLUB strong or ONE team One family or whatever nonsense slogan they feed us. Players first....hahhahahah
            Couldn’t agree more,
            You don’t pay for an iPhone and accept getting a galaxy Samsung. Parents need to speak up and call these organizations out but they won’t as they are too scared of their child
            Losing a spot

Comment

Couldn’t agree more,
              You don’t pay for an iPhone and accept getting a galaxy Samsung. Parents need to speak up and call these organizations out but they won’t as they are too scared of their child
              Losing a spot
              But that's the reality when you join the "PAYERS FIRST" from US Club Soccer.

Comment

This is all a LIE! EDP did not refund! Provided a CREDIT!

Many clubs are TOWN CLUBS and NO ownership! Clubs are not one size fits all, every scenario is different.

MANY clubs are non-profit, no PPP. Stop with this BS.

I have spoken with many Presidents of clubs in Central New Jersey and we are ALL angry at EDP.

Don’t continue to propagate this BS. We can just take all our town teams to MOSA, MNJ, or others. We can play in tournaments to avoid EDP altogether! Have a great washed out tournament in Tuckahoe this weekend!

Comment

This is all a LIE! EDP did not refund! Provided a CREDIT!

Many clubs are TOWN CLUBS and NO ownership! Clubs are not one size fits all, every scenario is different.

MANY clubs are non-profit, no PPP. Stop with this BS.

I have spoken with many Presidents of clubs in Central New Jersey and we are ALL angry at EDP.

Don’t continue to propagate this BS. We can just take all our town teams to MOSA, MNJ, or others. We can play in tournaments to avoid EDP altogether! Have a great washed out tournament in Tuckahoe this weekend!

UMMMM I think the post above actually said EDP credited and I think the post was pretty clear this was about clubs with OWNERS which would rule out the non profit town clubs. Town clubs refunded at a pretty decent rate based on what we got back for my son almost 80 percent of spring fees. Non profits also have bylaws and most have board of directors that come from the community so they are looking out for the best interest of their players and parents. The big clubs have owners which look out for their wallets or purses. Furthermore PPP did make non profits eligible for loans....for example the catholic church who reportedly took 1.4B in PPP loans. PPP was designed to save jobs where coronavirus had impacted revenue. Given that the big soccer clubs had revenue already in pocket why they were taking advantage of taxpayer funds and not crediting is the issue.

Comment

Bottom line: when is Billy Joel concert? Would like to go.
                    Thanks

Comment

Thank you STA employee.
                      The issue isn't the virtual training or even that the virtual training was a way to keep paying staff, it is your owner is double dipping at the expense of us parents. STA told us our money was getting used to pay staff and all the other BS we got. However, a PPP loan is designed to pay the staff. So when that loan was received he did not give/or offer us a bigger refund. This is fraud, simple as that!!

Many STA parents will stay and eat the cost because they are scared they cant play in some pre league which is actually just playing in EDP. I am out. I have told them money back or this will go further. I will be reporting them and I strongly suggest other parents do the same if they do not refund our spring fees and current fees.

This is a disgusting organization. It is a real shame because some of the coaches are amazing and we have had a positive experience with the team, however, I have self worth and will never drop another penny in this persons pocket.

Comment

Everybody is crapping on academies and I get it it is deserved. I am trying to figure out why one of the biggest money grabbers of all time, EDP, is basically getting a pass here. Please advise.

Comment

I couldn’t disagree more.

Thank you STA employee.
                          The issue isn't the virtual training or even that the virtual training was a way to keep paying staff, it is your owner is double dipping at the expense of us parents. STA told us our money was getting used to pay staff and all the other BS we got. However, a PPP loan is designed to pay the staff. So when that loan was received he did not give/or offer us a bigger refund. This is fraud, simple as that!!

Many STA parents will stay and eat the cost because they are scared they cant play in some pre league which is actually just playing in EDP. I am out. I have told them money back or this will go further. I will be reporting them and I strongly suggest other parents do the same if they do not refund our spring fees and current fees.

This is a disgusting organization. It is a real shame because some of the coaches are amazing and we have had a positive experience with the team, however, I have self worth and will never drop another penny in this persons pocket.

Comment

What are you going on about? Omg, blah, blah, blah. Too much.

Thank you STA employee.

Comment

Everybody is crapping on academies and I get it it is deserved. I am trying to figure out why one of the biggest money grabbers of all time, EDP, is basically getting a pass here. Please advise.
                              I thought EDP is giving credits up to 80% for the spring season. Also giving credits for tournaments that were not played. The clubs will use the credits and take new fees from players, double dipping

Comment

What are you going on about? Omg, blah, blah, blah. Too much.
                                Another STA coach defending upper management, hard to defend an organization which is stealing from it’s clients

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X