Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which clubs truly care about their members and will lower fees this coming season?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which clubs truly care about their members and will lower fees this coming season?

Does any club have the balls to make a positive move like this?
    Can it be done?
    I done mean a $100 cut...I’m talking about $600+ cut! Anyone?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does any club have the balls to make a positive move like this?
    Can it be done?
    I done mean a $100 cut...I’m talking about $600+ cut! Anyone?
    If you want to see their best coaches go because they can't pay them and keep them. Sure.

Comment

If you want to see their best coaches go because they can't pay them and keep them. Sure.
      "Best Coaches' you mean 'Best Paid....'

Thanks for the levity.

Comment

"Best Coaches' you mean 'Best Paid....'

Thanks for the levity.
        Usually your best paid coaches are paid for a reason. If you want free coaches, go to rec.

Comment

Looks like Vantucky has stepped up to the plate

http://web-extract.constantcontact.c...D1593215318000

Comment

It looks like four A licensed, 12 B licensed, 8 C licensed coaches and three directors will still be getting paid with a 30% decrease in fees. It can be done. Vantucky is showing us it can be done

Comment

This seems on par with vantucky as a whole.

Its the city you get when you order pdx off Wish

Comment

Usually your best paid coaches are paid for a reason. If you want free coaches, go to rec.
                What do you consider a 'best' coach in the Oregon Youth classic/recreational club landscape?

Seriously, nearly all organized youth soccer played in this state is coached and played at a a very basic & recreational level. We all can face the reality we not part of any super competitive Oregon club team stacked with Oregon's finest players & highly paid qualified competitive coach. Even if we register with the classic branch of our neighborhood youth soccer club and pay by traditional american sports standards a highly inflated recreational year round fee to simply to participate in the globe's cheapest sport on a glorified recreational coach/team. Sorry but that's the bitter truth.

The tiny fraction of Oregon based club teams that are really good/competitive (maybe 4 to 6 teams per birth year/gender) don't necessarily have the 'best' coaches by any objective measure either(be it qualifications, coaching skill, coaching expertise or any professional coaching experience) but many of these jokers have a comprehensive sales pitch that somehow tricks us into thinking they must be some of the best, Why ? Because, they said so.

Time to scale back this sport, get rid of the useless overhead and crazy payroll for ostensibly mission based community non profit soccer clubs.

Covid might actually become the cure in this reversal of fortune.

Comment

What do you consider a 'best' coach in the Oregon Youth classic/recreational club landscape?

Seriously, nearly all organized youth soccer played in this state is coached and played at a a very basic & recreational level. We all can face the reality we not part of any super competitive Oregon club team stacked with Oregon's finest players & highly paid qualified competitive coach. Even if we register with the classic branch of our neighborhood youth soccer club and pay by traditional american sports standards a highly inflated recreational year round fee to simply to participate in the globe's cheapest sport on a glorified recreational coach/team. Sorry but that's the bitter truth.

The tiny fraction of Oregon based club teams that are really good/competitive (maybe 4 to 6 teams per birth year/gender) don't necessarily have the 'best' coaches by any objective measure either(be it qualifications, coaching skill, coaching expertise or any professional coaching experience) but many of these jokers have a comprehensive sales pitch that somehow tricks us into thinking they must be some of the best, Why ? Because, they said so.

Time to scale back this sport, get rid of the useless overhead and crazy payroll for ostensibly mission based community non profit soccer clubs.

Covid might actually become the cure in this reversal of fortune.
                  I agree with most of your statement except for the monies that are paid out to coaches and directors. I am speaking as a coach in the Portland Metro Area.

Most of us that coach at this level only make about $4/hour.
                  My director works from 9am-930pm Monday through Thursday and works weekends. I don’t know his salary 100% but I’ve heard it is $75k. For me coaching is a hobby and I take it seriously. I don’t know how these full time coaches even survive in the world with the salaries that are offered. The DOC that I know is paid ridiculously low for the time served. Many of these DOC’s have families. They are gone for most of the day and then are out on the fields until bedtime. They have families at home...miss dinner and family time. I don’t think $200k is enough for a job like that. I’ve heard there are DOC’s that make $120k in our area and that they don’t live up to their work....I get that. Those DOC’s need to be called out.

Comment

It looks like four A licensed, 12 B licensed, 8 C licensed coaches and three directors will still be getting paid with a 30% decrease in fees. It can be done. Vantucky is showing us it can be done
                    First of all, Washington Timbers seems to have mostly solved many of the issues that plagued them in the first years after their merger - kudos for that.

They have also run a nice surplus over the last couple of years, largely it looks from the tournament revenue.

However, that tournament revenue largely (albeit not entirely) comes off of the dollars spent by Oregon clubs in their tournament; so bragging about ones financial might to your tournament customers is slightly tiresome. We don't need to play in your tournaments - they are easily replaceable.

Also, given the Washington Timbers has been rolling in the $ the last couple of years, begs the question - why didn't they cut dues before covid? Some clubs make a conscious decision to run at break-even, to balance quality v. financial management; Washington Timbers has run at a substantial profit the last couple of years. That is decision they made; right, wrong or indifferent, does not automatically mean "showing us it can be done".

Comment

First of all, Washington Timbers seems to have mostly solved many of the issues that plagued them in the first years after their merger - kudos for that.

They have also run a nice surplus over the last couple of years, largely it looks from the tournament revenue.

However, that tournament revenue largely (albeit not entirely) comes off of the dollars spent by Oregon clubs in their tournament; so bragging about ones financial might to your tournament customers is slightly tiresome. We don't need to play in your tournaments - they are easily replaceable.

Also, given the Washington Timbers has been rolling in the $ the last couple of years, begs the question - why didn't they cut dues before covid? Some clubs make a conscious decision to run at break-even, to balance quality v. financial management; Washington Timbers has run at a substantial profit the last couple of years. That is decision they made; right, wrong or indifferent, does not automatically mean "showing us it can be done".
                      They had a massive turf payment that included two loans. The large loan is paid off and by this time next year all the turf fields will be paid for.

I would bet that any surplus of monies has been spent to survive COVID. Most clubs stopped paying their employees in sure

Comment

All clubs are handling things differently. FC Portland is doing nothing and aren’t even holding tryouts on time. THUSC is offering to play a couple tournament registration fees. Thorns ECNL changed their fees and is issuing partial refunds from last season. Washington Timbers have lowered their fees. And GPS - well...

Comment

LOL clearly you don’t have kids at FC. The club has done a good amount of stuff in this downtime, zoom calls and at home player schedules. They sent out receipt refunds, and sent multiple emails that player dues for the season ahead will be discounted. Literally they reiterated it in yesterday’s email. They can’t run tryouts at Liberty because the school has closed the fields until phase 2

Comment

LOL clearly you don’t have kids at FC. The club has done a good amount of stuff in this downtime, zoom calls and at home player schedules. They sent out receipt refunds, and sent multiple emails that player dues for the season ahead will be discounted. Literally they reiterated it in yesterday’s email. They can’t run tryouts at Liberty because the school has closed the fields until phase 2
                            That's why they are running tryouts next week at Oak Hills

Comment

That's why they are running tryouts next week at Oak Hills
                              And your point is what exactly? That has nothing to do with claiming they have / are doing nothing. Is Oak Hills perfect? No of course not, but its something (better than nothing) and not much they can do when Liberty and Hillsboro stadium won’t open till phase 2. Can’t claim they are doing nothing when they have been.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X