Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMSC held indoor tryout Friday June5 is this poaching cheating?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That specifically contradicts the OP's statement and point. He said EMSC was running tryouts. You know this how?
    He knows that how? Call the clubs and find out for yourself instead of getting any info from anonymous chat forums.

Comment

He knows that how? Call the clubs and find out for yourself instead of getting any info from anonymous chat forums.
      If you don’t accept the premise of his post, why bother responding? Ive said multiple times I don’t know if what the OP said wAs accurate, but assuming it is....

Comment

If you don’t accept the premise of his post, why bother responding? Ive said multiple times I don’t know if what the OP said wAs accurate, but assuming it is....
        Whatever. Ok. clubs are holding secret try outs because an anonymous poster said so. I am sure that must be right.

Comment

First off i can tell you this is 100% accurate however everyone here got the info wrong parcially. What is going on is Gary Sullivan is accepting players into his indoor training facility as form of tryouts and is holding 4 players at a time. he is calling it personal training as a illusion to not being linked to EMSC to not get EMSC in trouble but once again slimy Gary Sullivan and the Midget found a way to scam their way into getting more players. Its super sad tho because if you are doing that you mightez well go outdoor rather then having the kids couped up in Garys small facility.

Comment

First off i can tell you this is 100% accurate however everyone here got the info wrong parcially. What is going on is Gary Sullivan is accepting players into his indoor training facility as form of tryouts and is holding 4 players at a time. he is calling it personal training as a illusion to not being linked to EMSC to not get EMSC in trouble but once again slimy Gary Sullivan and the Midget found a way to scam their way into getting more players. Its super sad tho because if you are doing that you mightez well go outdoor rather then having the kids couped up in Garys small facility.
            I had a feeling that's what was happening (I was the first to respond and mentioned a coach that had his own company)...I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Comment

I do not understand this fuss. If a family wants to put their player on GS team, that is the team they choose. If they want a different team, they go join a different team Go do the same if you wish. Why do you care what team or club is of interest to a kid that is not your kid?

Comment

I do not understand this fuss. If a family wants to put their player on GS team, that is the team they choose. If they want a different team, they go join a different team Go do the same if you wish. Why do you care what team or club is of interest to a kid that is not your kid?
                FOMO...people aren't upset that it happened, they're upset their kid wasn't part of it

Comment

FOMO...people aren't upset that it happened, they're upset their kid wasn't part of it
                  Because I’m the op and I am a board member and we really don’t like to see a good team get broken up. We keep our fees low this team has an excellent trainer and this team was doing well. No club or team of a club should holding tryouts or practices. We understand every kid and parent are itching to get out of the house. But just as enysa stated the go ahead from state government has not come yet. There rules for a reason. It’s surprising that EMSC with a strong girls program would feel the need to get ahead of all the other clubs to grab players at any age but with an 11 year old.

Outdoor dining just came back ion Long Island there is a reason outdoor is first. To hold an indoor tryout is not just against the rules it’s against the law. I don’t wish harm on anyone but if a kid were to get sick and they traced it back to the tryout that’s a lawsuit you don’t want to be a part of.

The sad thing is the parent has no idea what they are getting into. The cost of the ecnl program are off the charts. It is way to early to take this kind of step.

But as I write the his I realize why EMSC is doing this they need to keep feeding the pig. Bring on enough kids that might be able to cover the ridiculous costs of their program.

For the poster that said EMSC is not governed by enysa I don’t understand that logic. They have teams in Eastern NY in the alphabet soup of leagues they absolutely fall under enysa.

Kids need to get out go do some running in a park some free play without a trainer a coach or mom and dad instructing. Parents let them be creative on their own if you are comfortable allowing them outside.

Comment

Because I’m the op and I am a board member and we really don’t like to see a good team get broken up. We keep our fees low this team has an excellent trainer and this team was doing well. No club or team of a club should holding tryouts or practices. We understand every kid and parent are itching to get out of the house. But just as enysa stated the go ahead from state government has not come yet. There rules for a reason. It’s surprising that EMSC with a strong girls program would feel the need to get ahead of all the other clubs to grab players at any age but with an 11 year old.

Outdoor dining just came back ion Long Island there is a reason outdoor is first. To hold an indoor tryout is not just against the rules it’s against the law. I don’t wish harm on anyone but if a kid were to get sick and they traced it back to the tryout that’s a lawsuit you don’t want to be a part of.

The sad thing is the parent has no idea what they are getting into. The cost of the ecnl program are off the charts. It is way to early to take this kind of step.

But as I write the his I realize why EMSC is doing this they need to keep feeding the pig. Bring on enough kids that might be able to cover the ridiculous costs of their program.

For the poster that said EMSC is not governed by enysa I don’t understand that logic. They have teams in Eastern NY in the alphabet soup of leagues they absolutely fall under enysa.

Kids need to get out go do some running in a park some free play without a trainer a coach or mom and dad instructing. Parents let them be creative on their own if you are comfortable allowing them outside.
                    ECNL is under US Club Soccer...has absolutely nothing to do with ENYYSA. Doesn't matter if the team is in Eastern NY. For a supposed board member, you don't know much about the soccer landscape.

Comment

different troll chiming in. my kid was not apart of it, and neither myself or my kid give a sh-t either way, y'all have a nice day.

Comment

If EMSC was simply interested in bringing enough kids to pay their fees, they wouldn't even need tryouts. They could just ask the kid to send in a video of them doing some drills and give the kid an offer.

I don't see how any of this can be considered "poaching".

Comment

Shame on the parents so desperate to be "identified" that they would let an 11 year old go unaccompanied with strangers inside a warehouse not concerned about covid, not concerned about potential abusive situation.

This is blatant disregard for any rules this is cheating this is poaching.

Give me your thoughts I think it's pathetic and will lead to other clubs not being left behind.
                          Why should an 11 year old be more concerned for covid than the flu? Why should a parent be concerned about asymptomatic spreaders?

Comment

Why should an 11 year old be more concerned for covid than the flu? Why should a parent be concerned about asymptomatic spreaders?
                            Why cant overzealous parents on an anonymous public soccer forum NOT be dickwads?

Comment

ECNL is under US Club Soccer...has absolutely nothing to do with ENYYSA. Doesn't matter if the team is in Eastern NY. For a supposed board member, you don't know much about the soccer landscape.

EMSC has teams in LIJSL so they do come under ENYSA

Your probably the guy who does not know what he does not know

http://www.eastmeadowsoccer.com/abou...s-competitions

Comment

EMSC has teams in LIJSL so they do come under ENYSA

Your probably the guy who does not know what he does not know

http://www.eastmeadowsoccer.com/abou...s-competitions
                                Dude, get it together...if you think EM was looking at players for an LIJSL team, you're even more out of touch than your previous posts imply.
                                ENYYSA has ZERO authority over what EM ECNL teams do. If an EM ECNL coach, who runs his own small business, opts to gather 4-5 girls and run a private session with them and then offer his opinion on whether or not they would be a good fit for the ECNL program that he is familiar with, ENYYSA can't say or do squat about it.

Sorry your crappy little ENYYSA team is going to lose some players, but thems the breaks. Get over it, move on and strap in for the next few years because the likelihood that your team is going to thrive after the amount of kids that; leave for other clubs, leave for other sports or leave because they'd rather spend hours on snapchat, isn't great.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X