Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have to disagree with you on this one. You have a parent who admits their kid is below average and is afraid to say anything about lack of PT. How are you blaming the club for this? If the parents are willing to pay and are not addressing the issue and the kid is not meeting their potential, that's kind of on them, no?

I'm not defending Susa or any other club, but I know plenty of parents that are fine with limited PT as long as they can say their kid is on the top team. How is the club supposed to discern that a kid would prefer to be complacent on a lower level team instead of aspiring to play more on a higher level team, especially if parents/kid aren't saying anything?
    Because that is their job. They market themselves as soccer pros and charge a fortune so do the job. Evaluate the talent correctly and put appropriate talent on the roster whether they are aspiring or not. F

families are not paying top dollar to these clubs to play with aspiring lower level players as hard working as they are. they are paying top dollar to the club and they they expect them to evaluate and develop real talent.

Comment

It says no refunds for players that choose not to return but what about the players forced not to return as the economy has bottomed out and unemployment is skyrocketing. Do those families get their money back so they can go buy groceries?
      No. Those families will have to go to the food pantry. Too bad.

Comment

Because that is their job. They market themselves as soccer pros and charge a fortune so do the job. Evaluate the talent correctly and put appropriate talent on the roster whether they are aspiring or not. F

families are not paying top dollar to these clubs to play with aspiring lower level players as hard working as they are. they are paying top dollar to the club and they they expect them to evaluate and develop real talent.
        We're going to have to agree to disagree on this particular one. Parent admits kid is #22 and they're not happy, but aren't saying anything. Others would be happy to have their kid be player #22 on the top team, even with limited PT.

If the club carries a roster of 22 and your kid is #22 and you know your kid isn't as good as the other 21 players (below average by your own admittance) and you're unhappy that your kid isn't playing but you don't want to say anything because you want your kid to stay on the team, that is 100% your issue to solve. Geez, talk about passing the buck!

Let's say your kid gets into their "reach" college. Everyone's excited, kid heads off-ready to conquer the world, carries the same habits they did in HS, maybe/maybe not gives a little extra but not much. After a semester of C- (s), do you blame the college for admitting your kid?

Comment

No. Those families will have to go to the food pantry. Too bad.
          Any LI family that's currently forced to go to a food pantry most likely doesn't have a kid playing at Susa. If they do, they ain't paying!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see entire C and D teams from SUSA pick up and move to local town clubs that are only going to charge them $250 a year to play there.

Comment

$U$A - susa Not refunding money

so if you are on a job interview and you are hired....It turns out you suck at your job (you were a good salesman at the interview) you eventually get FIRED and/or demoted, so you blame your boss?

Soccer is just soccer but kids need to be held responsible. As a coach, If i do not see you out working and out performing others in practice and/or games...you will be benched. I don't care how much your parents paid. If you don't want to work, this is not for you,

Comment

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this particular one. Parent admits kid is #22 and they're not happy, but aren't saying anything. Others would be happy to have their kid be player #22 on the top team, even with limited PT.

If the club carries a roster of 22 and your kid is #22 and you know your kid isn't as good as the other 21 players (below average by your own admittance) and you're unhappy that your kid isn't playing but you don't want to say anything because you want your kid to stay on the team, that is 100% your issue to solve. Geez, talk about passing the buck!

Let's say your kid gets into their "reach" college. Everyone's excited, kid heads off-ready to conquer the world, carries the same habits they did in HS, maybe/maybe not gives a little extra but not much. After a semester of C- (s), do you blame the college for admitting your kid?
                Dude wake up!! You're arguing with someone who wants to complain about big rosters of other clubs and thought posing as a parent would make their post seem more genuine. Don't bother

Comment

Any LI family that's currently forced to go to a food pantry most likely doesn't have a kid playing at Susa. If they do, they ain't paying!
                  And if they do because the economy collapsed like never before, screw 'em. Clubs don't want these poor out of work families hanging around. Get lost.

Comment

so if you are on a job interview and you are hired....It turns out you suck at your job (you were a good salesman at the interview) you eventually get FIRED and/or demoted, so you blame your boss?

Soccer is just soccer but kids need to be held responsible. As a coach, If i do not see you out working and out performing others in practice and/or games...you will be benched. I don't care how much your parents paid. If you don't want to work, this is not for you,
                    Yes they blame the boss for poor hires.

Comment

And if they do because the economy collapsed like never before, screw 'em. Clubs don't want these poor out of work families hanging around. Get lost.
                      According to Newsday, Food Banks in hotspots like Central Islip (coincidentally where the Susa complex is being built) saw an uptick from the average 15 families a week to approximately 45 families a week. T
                      hey refused to confirm if those additional 30 families had children playing soccer for Susa.

Comment

According to Newsday, Food Banks in hotspots like Central Islip (coincidentally where the Susa complex is being built) saw an uptick from the average 15 families a week to approximately 45 families a week. T
                        hey refused to confirm if those additional 30 families had children playing soccer for Susa.
                        I don’t get it. Is your family home safe and and getting through this? I pray yes. Can we just stop the complaining and whining when so many are suffering. Maybe employees of Susa or any other clubs would be starving if they weren’t getting a regular check. We can’t count on the fact that they received any government help because many did not. If you have having trouble financially I get it. Contact SUSA or your club and explain the the money is needed for your family to eat and I am sure you will get a surprising response. Otherwise just chalk up the loss to paying it forward. They tried and this is not their or anyone’s fault. Just have some compassion for others, we are all coping with so much.

Comment

I don’t get it. Is your family home safe and and getting through this? I pray yes. Can we just stop the complaining and whining when so many are suffering. Maybe employees of Susa or any other clubs would be starving if they weren’t getting a regular check. We can’t count on the fact that they received any government help because many did not. If you have having trouble financially I get it. Contact SUSA or your club and explain the the money is needed for your family to eat and I am sure you will get a surprising response. Otherwise just chalk up the loss to paying it forward. They tried and this is not their or anyone’s fault. Just have some compassion for others, we are all coping with so much.
                          Let's say you paid for a new car right before covid hit and the car dealership then turned around and said, we can't produce your car because the factories are shut down. But we are keeping your money anyway. Would you really be OK with that?

Comment

Fair enough but the families should get to decide what charity they will support with their hard earned cash. Maybe it will be soccer clubs but maybe they have more pressing needs. The clubs can ask for it but they should not just keep the fees and make that decision for the families

Comment

$U$A - susa Not refunding money

Yes they blame the boss for poor hires.
                              who is "they" as you put it? please clarify.
                              I am asking YOU. Do YOU blame the boss if you are fired or demoted for substandard work?

are you a millennial child? you obviously have never heard of the special word called ACCOUNTABILITY.

Comment

Fair enough but the families should get to decide what charity they will support with their hard earned cash. Maybe it will be soccer clubs but maybe they have more pressing needs. The clubs can ask for it but they should not just keep the fees and make that decision for the families
                                I get it. Just that it’s tough for all of us now. The added stress to hate right now is just making it tougher to get by, is all I am saying.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X