Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A little crazy that Crossfire hasn't cancelled the Challenge for the older kids yet. Assuming King County is approved for Phase 2 tomorrow, the earliest possible date for Phase 3 (ie games and limited spectators) is 10 July, the first date of their tournament. Based on the rest of the state, no way you can bank on hitting 3 weeks on the dot. Also no "non-local" teams likely especially Canadian, Hawaiian, or Norther California.
    King County could go to modified phase 2 (outdoor activities at phase 3 levels) relatively soon. 6/26 will be the three week mark from when modified phase 1 started and King County has stayed about the same or improved on the relevant metrics during that time frame. But it will be tight at best and agree it’s hard to see teams flying in.

Comment

They moved everyone to July 17-20. That still seems really optimistic. My guess is registration is down by about 50% so all ages on one weekend could work. Through no fault of their own, this is a local tournament this year. Certainly not a “showcase.”

Comment

All clubs should be promoting, "Come play in our tourney and we will play in yours". Help each other to get through this year on a positive note.

Comment

All clubs should be promoting, "Come play in our tourney and we will play in yours". Help each other to get through this year on a positive note.
          I typically hate that practice because my kids end up playing the same teams in tournaments that they see in league play. This year...I'll be happy with them getting back on the fields safely.

Comment

Or just do a bunch of friendlies and save your families’ money because what is the point of any tournament this year outside of paying Director salaries?

Comment

Or just do a bunch of friendlies and save your families’ money because what is the point of any tournament this year outside of paying Director salaries?
              But if we don't play tournaments our kids' clubs won't have anything to brag about on social media.

Comment

Sounds like Crossfire is only doing one bracket per age group. Would still be surprised if they don’t have to cancel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X