Kent United & Maple Valley Merger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MV has teams in both the RCL and NPSL. Apparently MV parents enjoy paying RCL prices for NPSL level play so they can say my kids plays "premier."

Comment

This is happening. Both clubs officially announced it yesterday with a 17 page document. Promising a lot of changes, along with DA & ECNL teams in 2020. New name Valor.

Comment

Does the promise of DA/ECNL speak volumes? My kids play for a club that this new MV/KU conglomerate likely intends to compete with, for players...but I cannot for the life of me see why I'd even consider moving them.

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle Red View Post
          Does the promise of DA/ECNL speak volumes?
          That's exactly the point. Teams don't just "become" DA/ECNL because they want to. This smells like a shameless money grab from unsuspecting parents.

Comment

Yep the email from the new technical director specifically mentioned in his arrival notes that he is there to improve the business model of maple valley soccer ! 😂 the only time things change is when the ass has fallen out of the bottom line ! To be fair though , everyone of you parents who’s kids play on a ‘premier’ teams 3/4/5 teams are just as much to blame for this mediocrity . Your kid should be playing select soccer and no higher .

Comment

Is there a current club that can "re-invent" themselves to compete with the big clubs (SU, Pac, WP, Eastside, XFire) that have DA and ECNL? This is still weird to me with Kent being one of the associations that is part of Pac.

You can say all of the fabulous things you want about your club, but until you have the players, and to a lesser extent coaches, you aren't going to be close to competing.

Comment

Pac swallowed up a few clubs to form what is now known as pac . Rec soccer is on its last legs , the elitest premier clubs are swallowing up all the decent select clubs to fatten up their piss poor roasters numbers and talent depth . What’s going to happen when there is no option but to play inferior premier soccer ? Soccer participation numbers are going to take a massive hit !
                We are in it for the kids right .... right ??

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  Is there a current club that can "re-invent" themselves to compete with the big clubs (SU, Pac, WP, Eastside, XFire) that have DA and ECNL? This is still weird to me with Kent being one of the associations that is part of Pac.

You can say all of the fabulous things you want about your club, but until you have the players, and to a lesser extent coaches, you aren't going to be close to competing.
                  I know a guy that coaches at Kent United , I have been in the game 30 years and this guy has about the same knowledge as my 8 year old . Hes A parent coach and believes that he will be coaching premier next season ! Who is going to play for Valor FC with coaches like this at the helm ? Will be an even bigger joke then the club already is . Maple valley got into a huge tangle when they believed they were a premier club and it reflected on the prices to play there ! They are a middling select club the same as Kent united . I hope rcl bomb them out but with how garbage the rcl has become I doubt they will .

Comment

Hands down Maple Valley is one of the best names around - are they losing that name with the merger?

Comment

Hands down Maple Valley is one of the best names around - are they losing that name with the merger?
                      Best name for what ? They are going to be called Valor for crying out loud !! I don’t know who dreamed up that name but it is seriously pathetic .

Comment

Wait until you see the new logo. Looks like the EPL logo with the loon in a different direction.

Comment

Wait until you see the new logo. Looks like the EPL logo with the loon in a different direction.
                          http://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0gwo4rVsAIbq9M.jpg

Am I the only one hoping that they've named the lion?

I vote for Ludwig the Valorous Lion. 'Wiggy' as the ready-made nickname.

Comment

The pussy cat dolls .

Comment

Looks Marley-esque. So, I declare him Marley "Iron Lion Zion" Lion!
                              One Love should be the club motto.

Comment

All they're missing now are a few British ex-pats with strong accents. Success cannot be far behind.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X