Smithtown and Susa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2783445]Lemme guess, they're the Smithtown Slammers + an errant girl here or there from Sachem, East Islip or HBC, playing EDP

Another uneducated idiot, keep giving your money to SUSA, it's money well spent, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      LI Slammers will be playing in ECNL. That's right ECNL will have a third tier, all C,D and E teams to take up what US Club lost. Go Slammers
      They're testing it in Texas this year and if all goes well, they'll expand it next year to other regions-but yes, that's probably where franchise affiliates will end up-unless they're undeniably strong, which based on the clubs/teams involved, NY Slammers don't seem to be. Perfectly fine for 3rd tier, but not much more.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2784690]
        Lemme guess, they're the Smithtown Slammers + an errant girl here or there from Sachem, East Islip or HBC, playing EDP

Another uneducated idiot, keep giving your money to SUSA, it's money well spent, lol
        So Slammers is FREE??? That's amazing! You should promote that more! I bet if people knew that Slammers was FREE, you'd get a lot more kids/families interested. Right now, it just looks like a really expensive EDP operation with a new name slapped on the shirts, but since you say it's FREE, maybe more people should check it out.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2784708]

So Slammers is FREE??? That's amazing! You should promote that more! I bet if people knew that Slammers was FREE, you'd get a lot more kids/families interested. Right now, it just looks like a really expensive EDP operation with a new name slapped on the shirts, but since you say it's FREE, maybe more people should check it out.
          It's funny how people are so quick to put something down when it hasn't even happened yet all in the name of SUSA. SUSA must be worried about something, because according to this thread, they're merging with Smithtown, I mean that is the title of this thread after all. History lesson, SUSA was not a very good club 3-4 years ago, heck even two years ago it wasn't very good. Then they got lucky, had Paul Riley completely screw things up at Albertson and lose ECNL which SUSA was able to buy its way into the ECNL and once that happened, it was able to attract better players. Those are facts, so before we bash Slammers, let's see what happens. If it falls flat, bash away, but until then, it seems to me there's more than a few nervous people over at SUSA and that's why they are taking to these websites to bash a program that hasn't started yet.

Comment

LI Slammers will be playing in ECNL. That's right ECNL will have a third tier, all C,D and E teams to take up what US Club lost. Go Slammers
            It will be ECLL: Elite Clubs Local Leagues

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2784828]

It's funny how people are so quick to put something down when it hasn't even happened yet all in the name of SUSA. SUSA must be worried about something, because according to this thread, they're merging with Smithtown, I mean that is the title of this thread after all. History lesson, SUSA was not a very good club 3-4 years ago, heck even two years ago it wasn't very good. Then they got lucky, had Paul Riley completely screw things up at Albertson and lose ECNL which SUSA was able to buy its way into the ECNL and once that happened, it was able to attract better players. Those are facts, so before we bash Slammers, let's see what happens. If it falls flat, bash away, but until then, it seems to me there's more than a few nervous people over at SUSA and that's why they are taking to these websites to bash a program that hasn't started yet.
              How did you get "people are so quick to put something down" from a post questioning if Slammers is free? Your paranoia aside, I will happily confirm that I have a daughter that plays on the Susa ECNL 03 team and I can guarantee that nobody, absolutely nobody, is worried about this new Slammers offering. If it keeps local clubs going and continues to allow kids to play at a competitive level, I'm all for it. I feel the same way about the Stony Brook/Atletico arrangement. Players have to have options, both to accommodate talent and financial situations.

Please allow me to correct you on your "History lesson, SUSA was not a very good club 3-4 years ago heck even two years ago it wasn't very good". At this time, 2 years ago, my family was preparing to head to Colorado where both my daughters Susa teams (03, 00) were set to compete in the NPL National Championship. We were also accompanied by the 01 Susa team. My 03 won the whole thing, my 00 was a finalist and I think the 01s were finalists as well. The year before (3 years ago) Susa had sent the 99s, 00s, 01s & 03s to the NPL National Championship with similar results, except the 01s won the whole thing, my 03 was a finalist, my 00 was a semi-finalist and I think the 99s were semi as well. Now you can disparage NPL all you want, but at the time is was a very viable competition platform.

Now I'll agree, had Paul Riley not lost ECNL, Susa would have had a more difficult time gaining access to the league. But when ECNL was looking for a replacement, Susa was the best option, hands down. I'm not sure how you think they "bought their way in", if it were that easy wouldn't the LI Slammers or Surf or any other franchise that's backed by a club with a ton of $, have already bought their way in too? The fact of the matter is, ECNL was looking to maintain their market share and Susa had a record that proved multiple teams could compete, numbers that showed they could field at least 2 teams per age group and enough staff with solid resumes and licenses.

Their first year in ECNL, 2 Susa age groups won the NE conference and every high school aged team finished in the top 5 in standings (out of 14) and qualified for Champions League Playoffs.Completely agree that getting the ECNL badge attracted some outstanding players and doing so well their very first year attracted even MORE. Then you add the former Albertson/Fury girls that came over, who some are also outstanding and my guess would be the club will be just as competitive this year, if not more so.

That being said, can you explain why you think there are more than a few people nervous about this new Slammers alliance?

Comment

Smithtown and Susa

You definitely seem rattled

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2784949]

How did you get "people are so quick to put something down" from a post questioning if Slammers is free? Your paranoia aside, I will happily confirm that I have a daughter that plays on the Susa ECNL 03 team and I can guarantee that nobody, absolutely nobody, is worried about this new Slammers offering. If it keeps local clubs going and continues to allow kids to play at a competitive level, I'm all for it. I feel the same way about the Stony Brook/Atletico arrangement. Players have to have options, both to accommodate talent and financial situations.

Please allow me to correct you on your "History lesson, SUSA was not a very good club 3-4 years ago heck even two years ago it wasn't very good". At this time, 2 years ago, my family was preparing to head to Colorado where both my daughters Susa teams (03, 00) were set to compete in the NPL National Championship. We were also accompanied by the 01 Susa team. My 03 won the whole thing, my 00 was a finalist and I think the 01s were finalists as well. The year before (3 years ago) Susa had sent the 99s, 00s, 01s & 03s to the NPL National Championship with similar results, except the 01s won the whole thing, my 03 was a finalist, my 00 was a semi-finalist and I think the 99s were semi as well. Now you can disparage NPL all you want, but at the time is was a very viable competition platform.

Now I'll agree, had Paul Riley not lost ECNL, Susa would have had a more difficult time gaining access to the league. But when ECNL was looking for a replacement, Susa was the best option, hands down. I'm not sure how you think they "bought their way in", if it were that easy wouldn't the LI Slammers or Surf or any other franchise that's backed by a club with a ton of $, have already bought their way in too? The fact of the matter is, ECNL was looking to maintain their market share and Susa had a record that proved multiple teams could compete, numbers that showed they could field at least 2 teams per age group and enough staff with solid resumes and licenses.

Their first year in ECNL, 2 Susa age groups won the NE conference and every high school aged team finished in the top 5 in standings (out of 14) and qualified for Champions League Playoffs.Completely agree that getting the ECNL badge attracted some outstanding players and doing so well their very first year attracted even MORE. Then you add the former Albertson/Fury girls that came over, who some are also outstanding and my guess would be the club will be just as competitive this year, if not more so.

That being said, can you explain why you think there are more than a few people nervous about this new Slammers alliance?
                  Well said, well done. You backed up your words with facts which the vast majority of people on this thread cannot. They would rather state there own thoughts as factual and you based your on the facts as they occurred. SUSA could care less about this new Slammers alliance. Good luck to those girls and there teams in whatever league they are playing.

Comment

You definitely seem rattled
                    Lol, not rattled, just tired of the false narrative and people re-writing "history" under the presumption that people are haters. Those are my kids they're talking about. Tired of people insinuating that Susa is the only club that costs money and the snark that it's "money well spent". For my family, it was. My kids had incredible experiences all throughout their youth soccer days and both are continuing to play in very solid programs past high school. If others are able to accomplish the same thing for a lower cost, great for them! This was the best option for my family.

Like I said, not a hater, I love the thought of LI becoming a recognizable region of talented teams in whatever league they play in.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2784949]

Can you then explain why someone started this thread? If your kid plays for the 03 girls at SUSA, you're right, you shouldn't be worried, they're excellent, but SUSA and JR always seem to be talking about Smithtown, why is that?

Comment

Do you think the Slammers came here for EDP? ECNL is where it will stop!

Comment

Do you think the Slammers came here for EDP? ECNL is where it will stop!
                          They came for the money. Doesn't matter which league.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2785532]

Can you then explain why someone started this thread? If your kid plays for the 03 girls at SUSA, you're right, you shouldn't be worried, they're excellent, but SUSA and JR always seem to be talking about Smithtown, why is that?
                            Well no, I can't explain why someone started this thread, because I don't live in the head of that person. As far as Susa and JR "always" talking about Smithtown, I feel that's your paranoia at work again. The only place I ever hear anything about Smithtown, is on this board (not even BOTN-just this one).

We have quite a few friends on a team JR coaches (my daughter used to play on an 03/04 team back when birth years were mixed) and never once have they mentioned anything about Smithtown to us. Not even once. But to your point, their team is excellent too (they're the other team that won their conference last year), so they wouldn't have anything to worry about either. I can't really speak to the younger teams, but the overall club culture I've experienced doesn't focus on denigrating local town club programs. With all due respect, sights are set a little higher.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2785980]

Well no, I can't explain why someone started this thread, because I don't live in the head of that person. As far as Susa and JR "always" talking about Smithtown, I feel that's your paranoia at work again. The only place I ever hear anything about Smithtown, is on this board (not even BOTN-just this one).

We have quite a few friends on a team JR coaches (my daughter used to play on an 03/04 team back when birth years were mixed) and never once have they mentioned anything about Smithtown to us. Not even once. But to your point, their team is excellent too (they're the other team that won their conference last year), so they wouldn't have anything to worry about either. I can't really speak to the younger teams, but the overall club culture I've experienced doesn't focus on denigrating local town club programs. With all due respect, sights are set a little higher.
                              What is wrong with JR talking about Smithtown? I have never heard him say a negative thing about the program or his time at the club. The players/parents had no issue with him and many of those players went on to play in college. Not bad for a town team. Let’s not make this into something it’s not between SUSA and Slammers. I have not heard/seen SUSA parents give Slammers a second thought yet those parents want to go after SUSA. One is ECNL and the other is not. What is there to argue about?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2786046][QUOTE=Unregistered;2785980]

What is wrong with JR talking about Smithtown? I have never heard him say a negative thing about the program or his time at the club. The players/parents had no issue with him and many of those players went on to play in college. Not bad for a town team. Let’s not make this into something it’s not between SUSA and Slammers. I have not heard/seen SUSA parents give Slammers a second thought yet those parents want to go after SUSA. One is ECNL and the other is not. What is there to argue about?[/QUOT

There's nothing to argue about, that's the point. But some idiot started this thread with a completely fabricated premise and here we are 14 pages later. Presumably the same idiot is the one who said JR is leading the charge in the discussions (go back a few pages). So let's put this thread to bed, there is zero going on between Smithtown and SUSA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X