Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    this is exactly the scenario the president should be using to get americans locked down in their homes. Russians are invading and you have to hide until nato comes to rescue us.

If that doesn't get people to wear the mask and stay home i don't know what will.
    wolverines!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I predict we will be in full masks for years to come, until probably 2030 to get this darn thing under control.

We need to get used to the fact that we will all be required to have a mask 100% of the time even in our homes. Person-to-person contact is out of bounds until then as well.

If everyone were to mask up all day every day for 6-9 months I think we might have a shot at getting this thing under control before 2030. What do you want? Think hard.

#wearthedangmask
      Ten years is nothing compared to losing grandma or an elderly parent. Think about it. Do you want that on your hands. Wear masks and stay home. We can do this together.

Comment

I watched Tao Shen coach an Eagleclaw team last year (my daughter was playing on an adjacent field after them). I've never seen someone "joystick" players as much as he did. Maybe it was just that one match.
        Tao Shen....be really careful with that one. He coached my DS and I can tell you two things for sure about him. He is always late for trainings, games or whatever. Not very reliable. The second thing is that he clearly favors players who pay for extra training in his personal training program. And he is really open about telling his players about it, promoting his side gig and encouraging parents to pay him personally for extra training on the side. The combination of showing up late for stuff we paid for and then trying to get players to pay him personally for outside training so he can pocket even more coin is bad enough. But favoring those players who greased his palms and giving them more game time, man that's really, really despicable. This guy is all about himself all the time. I would not go anywhere near any club where he is coaching. You've been warned.

Comment

This and the other post about WP running camps tells me all I need to know about these clubs' priorities
          Not really sure why you or anyone is annoyed WP is running a summer camp. If you don't want to go don't. They have taken tons of advice from top drs in the state and have found a way like many many other sports and fitness businesses to allow kids to get outside and exercise and learn. My kid was on the shooting camp and plays at the club. Every session the kids have been in the same groups of 5 or less and have been reminded constantly to remain 6ft apart although I would say almost always they are comfortably 10 to 15ft from anyone else. They can't touch any equipment and the coach sprays all the balls and cones after every session.

Surely there's more important things for you people to do than anonymously trash talk youth soccer clubs on forums. I mean I bet you have been to a bar or restaurant since they opened. It's ok for 6 friends to sit together inches apart from each other and get drunk 6ft away from potentially 2 to 4 tables or another 6 people while a server goes to each one of those tables and then to you......but a 10 year old can't get some technical training in the sunshine for an hour? This is everything wrong with the world.

Comment

Classic WP parent.

Sure, we could explain the concerns associated with running campus, etc in the midst of a global pandemic, on the same day that the Governor pointed out that further restrictions are coming if people can't (or won't) take it seriously. But the mere fact that you're asking why people are concerned tells me you're too stupid and/or selfish to understand.

Comment

The Kool-Aid on River Road must've been tasty tonight LOLOLOLOL

I SEE YOU KAREN

Comment

I wonder how much these clubs aggressively training are contributing to the current spread/spike? Phase 3 just got cut from 50 to 10 players, so there go the tournaments and full team trainings. At a minimum, these clubs like Pateadores are creating the impression that everything is fine, It’s not.

Comment

We cannot let this virus take us all down. Wear the mask.

Imagine the Russians have invaded and are driving the streets with small caliber semi automatic weapons. What would you do? Would you be schlepping your lazy ass to Starbucks to get a latte and stopping at the home improvement place to pick up some new planters? No. You'd be in your house with the shades pulled and the lights off.

This is the same thing. Wear the mask. Stock up supplies for the long run. We are in this together and it's going to be a long slog. I don't know about ten years, but it could be many years.
                  I will not leave my house for at least a year. I am doing my part.

Comment

I wonder how much these clubs aggressively training are contributing to the current spread/spike? Phase 3 just got cut from 50 to 10 players, so there go the tournaments and full team trainings. At a minimum, these clubs like Pateadores are creating the impression that everything is fine, It’s not.
                    That's not correct. That only applied to social gatherings. It does not apply to youth sports or recreational activities. Basically it is just trying to stop young people having parties and stuff. You can still have groups of 5 to 50 in youth sports in phase 3.

Comment

Until we see what the order actually says (I haven't), I don't think we can say that

Comment

Just saw Pateadores running a training session at Phantom Lake with over 30 players on 1/4th of a field. That’s illegal and unsafe. With schools going virtual for the fall and fall HS sports being canceled, there is a massive disconnect here. Can’t believe cities are letting these clubs do this on public fields.

Comment

Just saw Pateadores running a training session at Phantom Lake with over 30 players on 1/4th of a field. That’s illegal and unsafe. With schools going virtual for the fall and fall HS sports being canceled, there is a massive disconnect here. Can’t believe cities are letting these clubs do this on public fields.
                          Illegal? Stop it.

Comment

Here’s the link for reporting a violation: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/report-safe-start-violation

Comment

Here’s the link for reporting a violation: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/report-safe-start-violation
                              But protests are legal.....stop it with the reporting. You all getting played.

Comment

If you are reporting, the coaches running the large oversized sessions are James Murphy, Tao Shen and Cam Vickers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X