Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    oh look who's back. title 9 tommy? title 9 larry? what's your pessimistic name again?
    Reality

Comment

Sorry to break it to you, we have very little D1 college talent from Oregon period.

Title ix opportunities for this activity aren't to be confused with actual top tier d1 talent, which Oregon has zippo...
      you are wrong. Players from Oregon doing well all over country and you are creepy

Comment

you are wrong. Players from Oregon doing well all over country and you are creepy
        He just meant his kid. Not great genes.

Comment

Sorry to break it to you, we have very little D1 college talent from Oregon period.

Title ix opportunities for this activity aren't to be confused with actual top tier d1 talent, which Oregon has zippo...

What CU player plays for Cal? Know your facts - Oregon, OSU, Montana, PSU, Arizona, UC Davis and countless other schools but no Cal.

Comment

What CU player plays for Cal? Know your facts - Oregon, OSU, Montana, PSU, Arizona, UC Davis and countless other schools but no Cal.
            So playing for state UC schools or Cal anything is super expensive $$$$$. The state has 39 million plus people and some of the top competitive soccer talent in the nation. Out of state tuition is HEFTY and most of these schools offer meager scholarship amounts relative to the high out of state tuition costs.

Cost is a significant consideration. Huge actually for Cal coaching staffs even wanting to evaluate interested players from out of state. Cal schools can get more with their available scholarship dollars by choosing in-state players. Out of state players’ families may or may not realize just how expensive it will be and when they realize the smaller amount that a scholarship will cover of the higher tuition, they look elsewhere. Not to mention just the general cost of living in CA edges out even WA and OR in most places. There is a lot more here to consider than just talent. Stop being so naive.

Comment

The funniest part of this is the lightning fast pivot Oregon Ducks soccer made where every single chance they get they mention the star of their freshman class in signing the Jesuit girl. No mention of any other "stars" in that class except the GK who has some national team experience. Rumor has it a certain former Salem/Thorns player's nose is out of joint. Or maybe it's her parents' nose?

Comment

my mistake. Sorry no-cal..

Comment

So playing for state UC schools or Cal anything is super expensive $$$$$. The state has 39 million plus people and some of the top competitive soccer talent in the nation. Out of state tuition is HEFTY and most of these schools offer meager scholarship amounts relative to the high out of state tuition costs.

Cost is a significant consideration. Huge actually for Cal coaching staffs even wanting to evaluate interested players from out of state. Cal schools can get more with their available scholarship dollars by choosing in-state players. Out of state players’ families may or may not realize just how expensive it will be and when they realize the smaller amount that a scholarship will cover of the higher tuition, they look elsewhere. Not to mention just the general cost of living in CA edges out even WA and OR in most places. There is a lot more here to consider than just talent. Stop being so naive.
                  Out of state surcharge is significant for California state schools.

Comment

Jesuit isn't a very good academic school. Just expensive. Similar to buying a Porsche. The car itself isn't very good but it is expensive.
                    As long as you know what you are getting that’s a fair assessment.

You have to take charge of your education on your own.

Comment

You may have an opinion on the biggest recruit on the girls side. The post refers to the opinion Gatorade had about the biggest recruit on the girls side. And girls are let out of NLI's at times. If a player wants to be closer to home during a pandemic it was be exceptionally sh**ty of a college coach to deny that request.

Gatorade has an online application to nominate the best player for all 52 states, usually nominated by the kids parents. Their marketing team then sends out a certificate made at their internal print shop. The marketing guys never see any of the players play. I’ll take Gatorades word on anything youth soccer related because they make a bottled drink with food coloring and make commercials to get consumers to purchase. That’s all I need to know.

Comment

Gatorade has an online application to nominate the best player for all 52 states, usually nominated by the kids parents. Their marketing team then sends out a certificate made at their internal print shop. The marketing guys never see any of the players play. I’ll take Gatorades word on anything youth soccer related because they make a bottled drink with food coloring and make commercials to get consumers to purchase. That’s all I need to know.
                        That said I do think that is the best player but not because a consumer drink maker declares it. I think so because of my own opinion.

Comment

What about the boys side? Who is going D1 there? I’ve never heard of the Gatorade player. Who is the boys gatorade player?

Comment

Best one ever was a few years ago a girl received Gatorade POY without playing her senior year due to a torn ACL. She might've been an amazing player, but wouldn't you expect the player of the year award to go a girl that actually played that season?

Comment

I really have been closed off during Covid. There are 52 states now!

Comment

I really have been closed off during Covid. There are 52 states now!
                                Puerto Rico and DC get lumped in often. They really ought to be states since they pay federal tax. Districts I guess.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X