X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    You laugh, but some of my team are from RI and they are tracking to have a fall HS season as well as a fall club season. They will also be much better prepared than those who have been sidelined the last 5 months with zero contact activities. Zero contact is not game like and while it can work for short segments of a practice, it doesn’t work in total. The game is the best teacher and taking moments/slices of the game to train, making it as game-like as possible with defenders providing real pressure and full-contact tackling is the best type of training along with actually scrimmaging.

I’ve had a few come in for “tryouts” from MA who have had zero contact practices and zoom training and can tell you they are way behind in actual play when we scrimmage. Will they catch up? Depends on when Faker decides to allow scrimmages and games...

Comment

Liberals will make sure the US never gets rid of poverty because they want lots of poor people who will cast votes for their candidates in exchange for promises of free stuff. The liberal policies of the last 50 years have encouraged poverty. They have destroyed two parent families in many communities - and, as we know, that is the single biggest predictor of whether someone fails school, goes on welfare, and winds up in jail. They peddle the philosophy of victim hood and hopelessness that discourages effort. And, in addition to advocating policies that have the effect of keeping poor people poor, liberals want to import more and more poor people into the country. At a time when there is great concern that technology will replace tens of millions of jobs and that low skilled labor will become obsolete, the liberals advocate open border policies to bring into our country millions more people who are unskilled and illiterate in their native language, let alone English. It makes no sense unless one realizes that the liberals want large numbers of poor people (including the US born children of all the undocumented folks) to be dependent on the State. Votes in exchange for free stuff. Really sad.

Interesting. I always wondered why the Democrats would want to drive down the wages of the lowest skilled workers by encouraging millions of undocumented workers coming into the country given their claim of caring about poor people. Also wondered why they would want to flood the schools in border states with kids who can't speak English, thereby making it more difficult to help disadvantaged kids learn. This explains it.

Comment

I’ve had a few come in for “tryouts” from MA who have had zero contact practices and zoom training and can tell you they are way behind in actual play when we scrimmage. Will they catch up? Depends on when Faker decides to allow scrimmages and games...
        You must coach a C team. If 15 weeks off is ruining your players you need better players.

Comment

You laugh, but some of my team are from RI and they are tracking to have a fall HS season as well as a fall club season. They will also be much better prepared than those who have been sidelined the last 5 months with zero contact activities. Zero contact is not game like and while it can work for short segments of a practice, it doesn’t work in total. The game is the best teacher and taking moments/slices of the game to train, making it as game-like as possible with defenders providing real pressure and full-contact tackling is the best type of training along with actually scrimmaging.

If you're in RI why do you get so upset by what the MA governor does? The better run clubs have had on line sessions and training programs, plus motivated kids work out on their own without being prompted. But you're not getting those players

Comment

Interesting. I always wondered why the Democrats would want to drive down the wages of the lowest skilled workers by encouraging millions of undocumented workers coming into the country given their claim of caring about poor people. Also wondered why they would want to flood the schools in border states with kids who can't speak English, thereby making it more difficult to help disadvantaged kids learn. This explains it.
            Ummm.....no. You accepted that post because it was yours or fits your agenda. Why would Dems do that to get votes when the Republicans won't let them vote?

Comment

Also explains why the Dems always try to fan the flames of envy, hatred, and division. If A hates B, thinks B acquired his stuff unfairly, and views B from being from a different world, A will be much more receptive to the idea that his getting B's stuff by force of government is "fair."

Comment

Ummm.....no. You accepted that post because it was yours or fits your agenda. Why would Dems do that to get votes when the Republicans won't let them vote?
                If the Dems don't want more poor people, why do they constantly push policies that create more poor people? If they cared about minorities, why would they have pushed social polices for the last 70 years that have encouraged single mother households; as we know, children from such households are many times more likely to drop out of school, go to jail, and be unemployed than children of two parent households. Why do they want open borders, which drives down the wages of the lowest skilled citizens in the country? Why do they want open borders, which will flood the schools with illiterate kids from Central America and make it almost impossible to teach the children of minority citizens? If Dems cared about poor people, why would they promote a philosophy of victim hood that discourages poor kids from having ambition, studying, and working hard? Unless you can provide some other cogent explanation for why Dems would advocate such seemingly insane programs, one can only conclude they want more poor people.

Comment

Who keeps blocking higher minimum wage bills? Healthcare? Childcare? The GOP.

Who keeps cutting funding for public schools? Assistance for the poor? Who desperately wants to cut Medicare, Medicaid amd Social Security? The GOP.

Comment

Who keeps blocking higher minimum wage bills? Healthcare? Childcare? The GOP.

Who keeps cutting funding for public schools? Assistance for the poor? Who desperately wants to cut Medicare, Medicaid amd Social Security? The GOP.

That is the problem with a Democrat. If a person tried to put out a fire by pouring gasoline on the fire and the flames shot 30 feet into the air, a sane person would conclude that gasoline may not the remedy and perhaps some other substance should be poured on the fire. A Democrat, on the other hand, confiscates $20 trillion of other people's money over several decades, spends it on social programs and then, when the social problems are predictably WORSE because the spending rewarded and encourage all of the wrong behaviors, concludes that the problem is he just didn't confiscate and redistribute enough money. What is the famous definition of "insanity"?

Comment

If you're in RI why do you get so upset by what the MA governor does? The better run clubs have had on line sessions and training programs, plus motivated kids work out on their own without being prompted. But you're not getting those players
                      Posted this already, but club has operations in both states and my team often practices in MA and plays in MA, but we’re training exclusively in RI with our RI based teams currently. I also have a kid on a top team in MA and this whole thing is screwing up her prep for HS, college recruiting, etc. That’s why.

All my players have been working out, bottom line it doesn’t replace playing. College coaches are telling me they will be coming to watch HS games given they just lost the spring and summer showcases, and MA is keeping HS plyers from being in top form if/when they have a season.

For those tools saying it isn’t a top team, I can tell you that taking 5 mo ths off from actually playing, everyone will be rusty. I see it with my own kid who, as I said is on a top MA team and actively in the D1 recruiting game. The game isn’t just individual skill. Opposition pressure, movement on amd off the ball, being in sync with your teammates, all require playing and training in game-like situations.

Bottom line, do what you want, think what you want, my players will be ready for whatever comes while most in MA will be at least 2-3 weeks behind and possibly more if Faker doesn’t move soccer along.

Comment

Posted this already, but club has operations in both states and my team often practices in MA and plays in MA, but we’re training exclusively in RI with our RI based teams currently. I also have a kid on a top team in MA and this whole thing is screwing up her prep for HS, college recruiting, etc. That’s why.

All my players have been working out, bottom line it doesn’t replace playing. College coaches are telling me they will be coming to watch HS games given they just lost the spring and summer showcases, and MA is keeping HS plyers from being in top form if/when they have a season.

For those tools saying it isn’t a top team, I can tell you that taking 5 mo ths off from actually playing, everyone will be rusty. I see it with my own kid who, as I said is on a top MA team and actively in the D1 recruiting game. The game isn’t just individual skill. Opposition pressure, movement on amd off the ball, being in sync with your teammates, all require playing and training in game-like situations.

Bottom line, do what you want, think what you want, my players will be ready for whatever comes while most in MA will be at least 2-3 weeks behind and possibly more if Faker doesn’t move soccer along.
                        You lost me at college coaches scouting high school games.

Comment

You lost me at college coaches scouting high school games.
                          Sorry man, but it’s the god’s honest truth. Multiple college coaches have stated they will see more HS games this fall than ever before because they need to see potential recruits play before buttoning up offers after missing the spring and summer and the NCAA blackout until End of Aug. A number of programs are already cancelled for the fall season amd those coaches will have plenty of time on their hands.

You don’t have to believe me, if you have a 2021/22 kid in the recruiting pipeline, have your kid give a coach a call. Mention HS games this fall and see what they say. My kid was on a call with a D1 coach a few weeks ago (June 15) and he said he wanted her HS schedule in order to get to a game.

Like it or not, this is not a normal recruiting year. Uncommitted 2021’s are in trouble and many 2022’s are way behind the timeline...

Comment

Sorry man, but it’s the god’s honest truth. Multiple college coaches have stated they will see more HS games this fall than ever before because they need to see potential recruits play before buttoning up offers after missing the spring and summer and the NCAA blackout until End of Aug. A number of programs are already cancelled for the fall season amd those coaches will have plenty of time on their hands.

You don’t have to believe me, if you have a 2021/22 kid in the recruiting pipeline, have your kid give a coach a call. Mention HS games this fall and see what they say. My kid was on a call with a D1 coach a few weeks ago (June 15) and he said he wanted her HS schedule in order to get to a game.

Like it or not, this is not a normal recruiting year. Uncommitted 2021’s are in trouble and many 2022’s are way behind the timeline...
                            Agree that this year is a cluster phuk, but unless a school is very local college coaches won't go far for any HS games. Any player trying to button up an offer further afield is still in trouble. Also, what happens if there is no HS sports this fall?

Comment

Agree that this year is a cluster phuk, but unless a school is very local college coaches won't go far for any HS games. Any player trying to button up an offer further afield is still in trouble. Also, what happens if there is no HS sports this fall?
                              I don’t disagree with what you asked and they are issues. Coaches are staying closer to home. The coaches I have talked to and those my kid talked to are local to NE so I agree they likely won’t travel across the country to see HS games. If HS gets cancelled, there is hope that clubs will offer games or scrimmages. Again, these are just steps coaches are taking because they can’t do much else. The reality is the timeline has been pushed back, but at some point they have to begin to look at 2023’s for example while 2022’s are stuck in limbo. Those mid and low level programs are likely trying to finish up 2021’s that got pushed. There is only so much room in the recruitimg timeline.

Comment

How was this thread moved, which is specifically about sports and soccer?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X