MIAA Fall Cancelation Announcement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, I agree that fall sport will be cancelled. Angrily, I don't agree with any of the decisions. Plain and simple fear mongering by the politically motivated and litigiously frightened. Everyone flashing "what-ifs" and "we just don't knows". Has there been any actual evidence or study that student athletes in an outdoor sport are at risk beyond what is already associated with sport in general? Is there evidence of student to --> Teacher spread?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Is that the purpose? If so, it fails miserably.

I always thought the purpose was for insecure parents to spend their time and effort minimizing other leagues, clubs, teams, and players in an effort to ensure their child looks better relative to the others. Oh, and making all that about politics.
      It might fail miserably. But it fails because of all of the posters that you mentioned. With all of the garbage posters it is possible to filter through the nutjobs and gain some useful information. I know that I have over the years.

The original post did not bring any value. He/She is just trying to continue the insults and ignorance.

If everyone like the OP took a break for a week maybe we could make some progress on a sport that impacts our kids.

Comment

The logistics of college soccer are very different than HS.
        yes and no

- no HS plane travel but there's still bus travel. Patriot conf is mostly bus
        - HS players can get it from family members/off campus while many colleges are trying to completely isolate students
        - all schools also face this issue - you play a school that 4 days later tells you 4 of their players on the field are positive. Do you now quarantine your team and coaching staff? What about classes they have attended?

Comment

You are just a bad person. Period.

We all understand that there may be a high probability that it will be cancelled. But, you don't need to constantly be a d1*k about it.

The purpose of TS is to possibly help each other and provide encouragement and/or information that is useful for the betterment of our kids and the programs they participate in.

Is it possible for you to not post for a week so the rest of the adults can have constructive conversations?
          Is this your first day on TS?

Comment

Is there evidence of student to --> Teacher spread?
            This is why school will be online and sports will be canceled.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ng/5405651002/

Comment

Los Angeles and San Diego public schools will be online in the fall. Granted CA has more cases than here (but not as bad as some other states) but that's not a good sign.

Comment

This is why school will be online and sports will be canceled.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ng/5405651002/
                Hours indoors with poor air circulation is a leading cause of spread. Kind of describes most classrooms doesnt it?

Comment

How many more stimulus checks will we get?

Comment

It affects pudgy kids like most football players. That's why the MIAA will cancel all sports.
                    Or the undernourished wimpy featherweights that play boys soccer.

Comment

Don't worry, if soccer is canceled all of the effeminate boys will still have the drama club as an extracurricular if schools are open.
                      So long as they wear hair nets over their pony braid buns.

Comment

What is with all the anti-male vitriol on this site?

Comment

You are just a bad person. Period.

We all understand that there may be a high probability that it will be cancelled. But, you don't need to constantly be a d1*k about it.

The purpose of TS is to possibly help each other and provide encouragement and/or information that is useful for the betterment of our kids and the programs they participate in.

Is it possible for you to not post for a week so the rest of the adults can have constructive conversations?
                          So, do you want real information, or do you want people to sugar coat and tell you what you want to hear ?

Comment

So, do you want real information, or do you want people to sugar coat and tell you what you want to hear ?
                            you don't provide all of the real information. only the bit that fits your agenda. and half of that isn't information - it's speculation.

Comment

you don't provide all of the real information. only the bit that fits your agenda. and half of that isn't information - it's speculation.
                              My agenda, is that I want all sports to be played this fall. I have no problem sending my kids to school or playing sports. I’m all for it. HOWEVER, it’s looking like it’s not going to happen, and that is beyond my control.

Comment

Everyone is speculating right now. eVeryONE.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X