Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Issues return to play guidance

mentions 5 phases but not clear where we are and when.........

https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague...or-the-season/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

It varies by club, at OCYS it's phase 3 and transition to phase 4.

Comment

little late douche bags

Comment

It varies by club, at OCYS it's phase 3 and transition to phase 4.
        So how is the league supposed to play if all teams don't get to phase 5 by the same time or are they assuming they will and this is just CYA?

Comment

Are you all really serious?! Do you really think this season starts anytime soon? Please tell me you didn’t pay for anything yet, please.

Comment

Are you all really serious?! Do you really think this season starts anytime soon? Please tell me you didn’t pay for anything yet, please.
            Leagues and clubs lack of leadership is appalling. Forget USSF and FYSA since they are nonexistent.
            They should have players safety and health as first priority instead they only focus on revenues.
            All the training that is going on is not only risky because of covid but also pointless because there is no date set for the season to start.
            What are these kids training for?

Comment

Leagues and clubs lack of leadership is appalling. Forget USSF and FYSA since they are nonexistent.
              They should have players safety and health as first priority instead they only focus on revenues.
              All the training that is going on is not only risky because of covid but also pointless because there is no date set for the season to start.

What you just said Is why our mens soccer team is so bad..you are not serious about this sport. I hope you dont tell your kids it's ok not to train..the reason the kids who are hungry train is because t he y are looking to better there game...and when soccer does start you have nothing but a bunch of fat lazy kids . Why exercise , why go to the gym then right.

Comment

Parents like you are the reason soccer is getting cancelled..you start trouble in the clubs...I bet you contact the board at least one day a week to voice your libtarded opinion..keep your little strawberry home and play fifa

Comment

What you just said Is why our mens soccer team is so bad..you are not serious about this sport. I hope you dont tell your kids it's ok not to train..the reason the kids who are hungry train is because t he y are looking to better there game...and when soccer does start you have nothing but a bunch of fat lazy kids . Why exercise , why go to the gym then right.
                  Who is suggesting that kids should get fat or lazy? They can exercise in a safe way and maintain overall fitness in times like these. If they are hungry about the sport, there are also other activities they can do. But most kids have programmed only to work with a trainer or in an organized fashion and without it they don’t do anything, so not sure who is really hungry: the parents or the kids?
                  There is a quantity mentality and all the leagues, tournaments, clubs, and unfortunately many coaches take advantage of it.
                  You are the one who is ignorant about soccer and youth sports in general.

Comment

Who is suggesting that kids should get fat or lazy? They can exercise in a safe way and maintain overall fitness in times like these. If they are hungry about the sport, there are also other activities they can do. But most kids have programmed only to work with a trainer or in an organized fashion and without it they don’t do anything, so not sure who is really hungry: the parents or the kids?
                    There is a quantity mentality and all the leagues, tournaments, clubs, and unfortunately many coaches take advantage of it.
                    All kids are different my friwnd..some kids play for something to do and some kids play to become a great player..to each is own.... dont know where you play or the level of your kid ,but with your attitude its surely not going to go far.. I am a pilot and if I had your attitude I would be dead ...training is holy grail

Comment

We are fcked until the city opens the fields. Only city in the area with fields closed

Comment

We are fcked until the city opens the fields. Only city in the area with fields closed
                        All parks arw open..what are you talking about

Comment

Being obsessed is a word used by the lazy that describes the dedicated

Comment

I agree with you somewhat, that training is putting players at risk, IF they do not follow their own safety protocols. However, I've seen too many players AND parents not following protocols. So, THEY are also the ones failing in the leadership of the safety of their households.

What are the players training for? To continue to improve/maintain their skills, speed, agility, & knowledge of the game. I must admit, I was hesitant to have mine return to training, so we didn't return for a while & trained at the park when the sun came up & no one there. Then, we discussed & practiced realistic ways that our young player could take ownership of minimizing risk. Upon returning, we were disappointed to see that ours was the only one wearing a mask when scrimmages & social distancing. Talk about peer pressure, but it was overcome as safety was an ultimatum for return & the passion was stronger than peer pressure. Two weeks into it, sessions were cancelled due to positive cases in older teams. Now they're back on the field and guess what...MORE players AND coaches are wearing masks & social distancing. The entire time, our player's safety practices were being watched & we're sure were mocked, but hindsight is 20/20. It's great to see that even young players can lead, too. Just FYI, we decided to get tested & were negative, so we've got to be doing something right & will continue to lead our home, while living with the virus.

I agree with a few comments, some players only train during training sessions, where others are self-motivated to train on their own. We live an active family lifestyle so it comes natural, but we've come to accept to understand that it's not the case for others & that training with their teams is/feels like a necessity for them. The main thing, is for people to practice social distancing & follow other safety guidelines, so that players can safely get back on the field. Parents must lead by example, too, and not depend on clubs to lead their households.

Comment

All parks arw open..what are you talking about
                              Not in my city. They do not allow organized activities, only informal. All 6 parks used by the club are closed. And we see the clubs across the street practicing

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X