Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Much higher population density. Large #'s of people taking mass transportation to get to/from work. New virus with treatment plans being developed on the fly and no understanding of transmission, vulnerable populations, etc.

Good god you people are morons.
    But Cuomo did an amazing job...... or did he???

Comment

I think he made several mistakes, but course-corrected as best he could and moved forward. He never hid from the pandemic; he got out front and led. He was trying to get his state through those nasty first few months, when Trump was trying to pretend that the virus was a non-story and would disappear as soon as the weather warmed up.

Cuomo showed more care and compassion for the people of his state in one news conference than Trump has shown in 4 years. He'll always be burned for the nursing home decision, but he showed up. Trump is hiding from the pandemic and hoping people will forget about it in November. Leader vs. incompetent tool.

Comment

I think he made several mistakes, but course-corrected as best he could and moved forward. He never hid from the pandemic; he got out front and led. He was trying to get his state through those nasty first few months, when Trump was trying to pretend that the virus was a non-story and would disappear as soon as the weather warmed up.

Cuomo showed more care and compassion for the people of his state in one news conference than Trump has shown in 4 years. He'll always be burned for the nursing home decision, but he showed up. Trump is hiding from the pandemic and hoping people will forget about it in November. Leader vs. incompetent tool.
        Tell that to everyone that lost someone in a New York nursing home, or do they not count. Of course don’t bother asking Cuomo about that because he will simply deflect and not answer that question.

Comment

Forty percent of NY deaths were nursing homes. That means another 60% were not. NY has almost no cases now and had zero deaths the other day for the first time since early March

Your obsession with Cuomo is tiresome. You should be focused in the red state governors who could phuk it up for everyone. It's not like the virus will stay inside state boarders or cares if MA is blue

Comment

Tell that to everyone that lost someone in a New York nursing home, or do they not count. Of course don’t bother asking Cuomo about that because he will simply deflect and not answer that question.
            Are you going to compare Cuomo's willingness to take questions and deal with issues to Trump's? Has Cuomo ever put on a performance like Trump's "press conference" yesterday? You must not have seen it - an hour+ of petty grievances, lies, distortions, and nonsensical word salad. He made America great again yesterday, for sure.

Comment

Why would we be knee deep in virus? I thought people in Mass were so much smarter than Florida rednecks?
              I know several norms from.MA vacationing there now. "Great deals" they claimed. These are the kind of people who will NOT quarantine when they come back either.

Comment

There is no such thing as “cornavirus icu”. ICU beds are always kept at a high capacity in every hospital. Don’t believe me ask your local ER nurse.
                Clearly you are. Or an er nurse or any kind of medical person since you are laughably incorrect. My hospital absolutely had an ICU that was covid only. We had 85+ covid patients in the ICU at the same tome and that’s more than twice our normal capacity so not only was the regular ICU for covid, but PICU used as surge space and converted to covid only ICU.

Comment

The height of hypocrisy. Open up! Open up! This is insane. Get out of your basement. Grow a pair. The only people who die were already on their last breath. Nobody important dies. There must be hundreds of posts like that just on this site alone.

Comment

My kids school just had a conference call...

August 1 is when they expect to receive official confirmation on the fall soccer season. The soccer season will be pushed out a month and most likely be shortened. Everything is dependent on what happens after schools open. If things are stable or continuing to decline then the season is going to happen.

Teams will have to follow the new MIAA rules for soccer (no handshakes after the game, spacing on the sideline, etc).

So the good news is the intent is to have fall soccer!
                    Assinine.

Comment

Assinine.
                      I drove through a W town and both baseball fields had full on games being played- uniforms, umpires, etc. seemed somewhat odd given the environment but I guess baseball is already back.

Comment

You lie! Your kids school didn’t release that info! I’m on a Zoom with some people 3x a week who are close to the situation. Lots of different items being proposed. None of which have been confirmed. Not saying it won’t be pushed out but don’t say it has like it’s been announced.

Comment

I drove through a W town and both baseball fields had full on games being played- uniforms, umpires, etc. seemed somewhat odd given the environment but I guess baseball is already back.
                          Baseball is considered moderate risk in MA and games have been played since Phase 3, Step 1 went into effect last week. Not much sustained contact in baseball. Hopefully real soccer can be played once Phase 3, Step 2 goes into effect.

Comment

Assinine.
                            Very adult of you.

Please contact your employer to see if they will take you back.

Comment

You lie! Your kids school didn’t release that info! I’m on a Zoom with some people 3x a week who are close to the situation. Lots of different items being proposed. None of which have been confirmed. Not saying it won’t be pushed out but don’t say it has like it’s been announced.
                              Moron.

If you can read, it says the official announcement is Aug 1. The plan they referenced is their current intent for fall sports. What I said is that it is good news because they didn't roll over and cancel. I have respect for the people that are trying...versus cowards like you and the other lunatic that wants it cancelled so that his daughter doesn't have to play. If you don't like it then don't send your kid to school or to play sports. It's that simple. This school announced all of the precautions they are taking for both school and sports. If parents still aren't comforted then they said they are going to have online learning for kids that aren't coming back.

Life must go on. I don't want anyone one of my friends of family to get the virus but you can't continue to shut down the world entirely. In states that are taking the appropriate measures the cases and deaths are way down. The 'experts' are starting to figure it out and if we continue to shut down then there will be even bigger problems for our country. You can't deny the economic trends.

Comment

There's current intent based on current numbers. Then there's uncertainties ahead depending on where cases go. Schools and the state are preparing for best possible outcomes and worst and everything in between. Plans will vary widely town to town, even school by school depending on the size of the student body and their needs, the physical structure of the building, busing...so many variables. There will be no one size fits all nor there should be other than certain broad guidelines like masks

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X