X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789582]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Its 100% true that they're offering spots to Smithtown kids. And its really not a secret.
    The original post said SUSA was looking to take on Smithtown to be their ECRL team (and presumably give a couple of the players an opportunity to join the ECNL team). I can see Smithtown being disappointed that the Slammers couldn't get them into a better league (and regretting leaving their relationship of being EMSC's ECRL teams), but I also don't see why SUSA would be interested in taking them. SUSA's ECRL teams were generally not bad and certainly not any worse than what Smithtown teams are, so why would they piss off all those SUSA ECRL families by taking on these Smithtown teams?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789582]

Its 100% true that they're offering spots to Smithtown kids. And its really not a secret.
      Round and round we go, lol...

Sure they are

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789344]

Only player I see there from the NY area is from Fury. Is that who you are talking about? if so, wouldn't that indicate that SUSA is offering ECNL spots to new players from other clubs? Might be some truth then that they are offering spots to Smithtown players too?
        Um, Susa bought Fury out so yeah, top players from Fury got ECNL spots. Also top players from LISC. Do you see a pattern here? Players who competed in a top competition environment and established themselves as top players in that environment.

Ain't no players from Smithtown that fit that description

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789600]

Um, Susa bought Fury out so yeah, top players from Fury got ECNL spots. Also top players from LISC. Do you see a pattern here? Players who competed in a top competition environment and established themselves as top players in that environment.

"Ain't no players"? Thanks for confirming you're a moron

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789600]

I am not familiar with the roster and other than the YNT mentioned in the link above, so no, I’m not able to see a pattern. All I saw was someone claiming SUSA had all these players with no indication that they came from Fury or LISC or anywhere else. Just went to the ECNL website and it looks like they took down the rosters from last year, so no way to cross check anything.

So why don’t you tell us where all 18 players on their roster are from? How many new to the team vs how many were there last season?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789684]

I am not familiar with the roster and other than the YNT mentioned in the link above, so no, I’m not able to see a pattern. All I saw was someone claiming SUSA had all these players with no indication that they came from Fury or LISC or anywhere else. Just went to the ECNL website and it looks like they took down the rosters from last year, so no way to cross check anything.

So why don’t you tell us where all 18 players on their roster are from? How many new to the team vs how many were there last season?
              This is from about 20 posts ago...(there's little #s in the corner)
              "Nobody said they were products of Susa, this whole dumb thread is about whether or not Susa is making deals with Smithtown players for ECNL spots. With the level of players Susa has on these teams, it is highly unlikely that they're targeting players from Smithtown. It's no secret, Susa acquired a bunch of Fury players when they bought out Fury, it's relatively well known that a bunch of LISC players made the move as well."

I know, reading is hard sometimes

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789739]

This is from about 20 posts ago...(there's little #s in the corner)
                "Nobody said they were products of Susa, this whole dumb thread is about whether or not Susa is making deals with Smithtown players for ECNL spots. With the level of players Susa has on these teams, it is highly unlikely that they're targeting players from Smithtown. It's no secret, Susa acquired a bunch of Fury players when they bought out Fury, it's relatively well known that a bunch of LISC players made the move as well."

I know, reading is hard sometimes
                Agree that reading is hard. I never said anything about players being a product of SUSA or not. The premise of this thread was whether Smithtown was being courted by SUSA to become their ECRL team and offer some of those players spots on their ECNL team, and someone (presumably you) suggested that SUSA had no need to even invite Smithtown players because the SUSA ECNL rosters were loaded. I tried to see who was on the SUSA ECNL rosters to see how loaded they were, and (presumably) you brought up an FC Fury YNT player who is just joining SUSA now, so I asked who else is new to the team because it didn't seem like they had many of those prior to this year. If you can't name 18 players with those credentials, then it's entirely possible that there are open spots on the SUSA ECNL team and that some of those spots might be offered to strong players at Smithtown.

Saying SUSA "acquired a bunch of players from Fury and LISC" does not answer the question of whether or not there are available roster spots that might be offered to strong players from other clubs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789821]

Agree that reading is hard. I never said anything about players being a product of SUSA or not. The premise of this thread was whether Smithtown was being courted by SUSA to become their ECRL team and offer some of those players spots on their ECNL team, and someone (presumably you) suggested that SUSA had no need to even invite Smithtown players because the SUSA ECNL rosters were loaded. I tried to see who was on the SUSA ECNL rosters to see how loaded they were, and (presumably) you brought up an FC Fury YNT player who is just joining SUSA now, so I asked who else is new to the team because it didn't seem like they had many of those prior to this year. If you can't name 18 players with those credentials, then it's entirely possible that there are open spots on the SUSA ECNL team and that some of those spots might be offered to strong players at Smithtown.

Saying SUSA "acquired a bunch of players from Fury and LISC" does not answer the question of whether or not there are available roster spots that might be offered to strong players from other clubs.
                  I am new to this stupid thread, so excuse me if I sound ill-informed, but just to answer that last part, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SPOTS FOR TALENTED PALYERS, not just at SUSA, but anywhere that values being competitive, like everywhere.

Comment

if you can pay, you can play

Comment

SUSA offers the highest platform available to players to compete against the other best players in the region and regionally at ECNL Showcase tournaments with 100 plus coaches from throughout the country standing on the sidelines per game. That is why players come to this club. Not the coaches, not the training, not the facilities nor is it for social reasons. It’s the platform. No one forces a player to move, it’s free will knowing their opportunities increase greatly to be identified by colleges they want to be a student athlete. A player from Smithtown who is good enough to compete and play ECNL does not have to think long or hard about the decision. Smithtown cannot compete with ECNL Clubs so to think that SUSA needs those players or they are special, think again. Who needs who more?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789875]

I am new to this stupid thread, so excuse me if I sound ill-informed, but just to answer that last part, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SPOTS FOR TALENTED PALYERS, not just at SUSA, but anywhere that values being competitive, like everywhere.
                        Of course. But again, the premise of the original post in this thread is that there is some kind of "deal" being made to move Smithtown players into SUSA's ECNL team in exchange for having Smithtown teams becoming SUSA's ECRL teams. So the conversation/thread is about the deal-making politics and not simply a matter of offering talented players a spot on a good team.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789968]

SUSA offers the highest platform available to players to compete against the other best players in the region and regionally at ECNL Showcase tournaments with 100 plus coaches from throughout the country standing on the sidelines per game. That is why players come to this club. Not the coaches, not the training, not the facilities nor is it for social reasons. It’s the platform. No one forces a player to move, it’s free will knowing their opportunities increase greatly to be identified by colleges they want to be a student athlete. A player from Smithtown who is good enough to compete and play ECNL does not have to think long or hard about the decision. Smithtown cannot compete with ECNL Clubs so to think that SUSA needs those players or they are special, think again. Who needs who more?
                          ^^^100%^^^Thank you for finally just laying it all out!

Comment

There are no available spots left.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790008]

There are no available spots left.
                              So if Jilly Shimkin stopped by, they wouldn’t find a starting spot for her, hahaha???

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2789968]

What did you do here, did you literally cut and paste this from their website? I thought SUSA marketing people would at least try to hide their allegiances.

Also, if you think that the coming college athletics apocalypse that is coming, will not affect all these for profit soccer academies and leagues, you’re all in for a sad awakening when there are no scholarships to be had for secondary sports such as soccer. Then, you’ll realize all those thousand of dollars chasing the “platform” was not worth it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X