Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    More than half of the starters on our town's team are club players and the rest are good to strong athletes. Many surrounding towns are similar. The games are decent - not high level club caliber but fine from a quality perspective. More importantly - they are fun for the kids. Too often we forget that having fun is reason enough to do something.
    Perhaps not this year, but HS soccer gets dozens if not hundreds of spectators (besides the players' parents) -- even the best club don't get that. Plus, more likely than not, your kid is not playing in college (at least varsity/NCAA level) - just like mine when they opted to go to better academic schools (D1) with no shot at making the team vice D3 where they both had been recruited by several schools.

So if your kids' pinnacle are some ultimately meaningless club game and a HS rivalry or tournament game, you come to appreciate HS soccer, even if it's lower "soccer" quality.

Comment

Glad that some form of hs soccer entertains you, and the perceived quality satisfies you. Good thing you got your money,s worth at the private school,,but Sorry that the highlight of your life is watching kids sports.
      Idiotic response. Nowhere did the OP say watching kids sports was the highlight of his life.

Comment

We know...you are posting it everywhere. Keep that negativity going! It worked for you with GPS and maybe you can take credit for cancelling Massachusetts soccer.

I really wish that Covid was behind us and your boss hires you back. TS will be better when you are working and posting less.
        We ALL wish Covid was behind us. If we had national leadership and more governors that would listen to scientists, we wouldn't be looking at the possibility of school being shut down again. Every other industrialized country has it under control, even some sheethole countries too.

Comment

Glad that some form of hs soccer entertains you, and the perceived quality satisfies you. Good thing you got your money,s worth at the private school,,but Sorry that the highlight of your life is watching kids sports.
          You are without a doubt the biggest loser on TS. Never said watching kids sports is the 'highlight' of my life. I pity someone like you that doesn't like to watch their children work hard and excel at something they enjoy.

You are a pathetic person. I truly feel bad for your family for having to endure your miserable personality on a daily basis. (But I'm assuming that your significant other hasn't left you already).

Comment

We ALL wish Covid was behind us. If we had national leadership and more governors that would listen to scientists, we wouldn't be looking at the possibility of school being shut down again. Every other industrialized country has it under control, even some sheethole countries too.
            They all said we just needed more testing to safely open schools and where did that get us?

Comment

They all said we just needed more testing to safely open schools and where did that get us?
              Funny how sick people test positive.

Comment

New COVID-19 cases:
                USA 55,443
                Germany 298
                Denmark 10
                Norway 11
                Cuba 0
                Sweden 57

Comment

Funny how sick people test positive.
                  Funny how you reply to your own posts.

Whenever someone points out that you are a lunatic you post some ridiculous statistic and then reply to it three times.

Comment

New COVID-19 cases:
                    USA 55,443
                    Germany 298
                    Denmark 10
                    Norway 11
                    Cuba 0
                    Sweden 57
                    If only we had done what Sweden did from the beginning.

Comment

If only we had done what Sweden did from the beginning.
                      If only we had a population that would voluntarily behave in the best interest of everyone...

Comment

You are without a doubt the biggest loser on TS. Never said watching kids sports is the 'highlight' of my life. I pity someone like you that doesn't like to watch their children work hard and excel at something they enjoy.

You are a pathetic person. I truly feel bad for your family for having to endure your miserable personality on a daily basis. (But I'm assuming that your significant other hasn't left you already).
                        As you go about bragging about your kids private school and all the supah stahs that play soccer there. And how you crap on other hs teams and how lacking in skills they are. Who’s the pathetic one?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          funny, since once the kids get to college no one cares about the club they played for and how good it was either!
                          true dat

Comment

With grammar like that you clearly didn’t attend private school.
                            Ok, Grammar Karen.

Comment

It's official, announcement scheduled for August 3rd.

Comment

It's official, announcement scheduled for August 3rd.
                                According to....?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X