Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to the area! Why do you have such a hate for her????? You named three schools that 2 of the 3 are currently upper echelon womens soccer programs. There were larger schools other than those that she could have played for. Really what is there for girls after college unless you are on the WNT??? Getting a free education and getting to play college soccer not all that bad! And yes the defense for PHU was very good, and a big part of the teams success, but without some key goals from CB, the season would have ended much sooner. Why are you not dogging the U17 World Cup goalie that let a freshman beat her on PK's to win the State??????

Comment

Would the moderator delete this entire thread that has turned into bashing one particular player.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I am new to the area! Why do you have such a hate for her????? You named three schools that 2 of the 3 are currently upper echelon womens soccer programs. There were larger schools other than those that she could have played for. Really what is there for girls after college unless you are on the WNT??? Getting a free education and getting to play college soccer not all that bad! And yes the defense for PHU was very good, and a big part of the teams success, but without some key goals from CB, the season would have ended much sooner. Why are you not dogging the U17 World Cup goalie that let a freshman beat her on PK's to win the State??????
        You dont sound very new to the area, and maybe even a little bitter. Why would you even be bringing up another player that was not even in the all star game? It sounds to me that CB has stolen some of your players thunder.

Comment

Not sure if you understood my post! I am a Brinkman fan and watching her play all year and seeing her score goals, and to many disbelievers, they were not all "Cherry Picking Goals" I am just confused why people have to single out 17 year old girls to abuse! Are they jealous of her success or the fact that she gets mentioned in the paper???? As far as her father crediting her with an "assist", I am sure that is subjective, but a lot harder to give her credit's for goals! Last count I believe that she had 34 goals, not counting the one against the best from Hillsbourough County!

I would suggest that whoever the person is that is bashing CB, to use their energy in a more Productive Manner! Though this is still a "Free Country" and Free Speech is one of our Great Freedoms, nonetheless, I am sure that CB has done nothing to you, your family or your daughter (unless she is a goalie!)

Comment

Dear NEW TO THE AREA :
            You apparently have a hidden agenda. Bring it forth. Why would you bring up another player or any player for that matter? Stop hiding behind this site, you coward. It's soccer. Congrats to all the girls, regardless of who or what they are - they are to be admired for their dedication to the sport. Good luck to all the Seniors and enjoy your COLLEGE YEARS!!!

Comment

Not sure if you understood my post! I am a Brinkman fan and watching her play all year and seeing her score goals, and to many disbelievers, they were not all "Cherry Picking Goals" I am just confused why people have to single out 17 year old girls to abuse! Are they jealous of her success or the fact that she gets mentioned in the paper???? As far as her father crediting her with an "assist", I am sure that is subjective, but a lot harder to give her credit's for goals! Last count I believe that she had 34 goals, not counting the one against the best from Hillsbourough County!

I would suggest that whoever the person is that is bashing CB, to use their energy in a more Productive Manner! Though this is still a "Free Country" and Free Speech is one of our Great Freedoms, nonetheless, I am sure that CB has done nothing to you, your family or your daughter (unless she is a goalie!)
              Wow Bryan - nice one.

Comment

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/blog/20...-girls-soccer/

Comment

Hillsborough team. Anybody know how these teams are selected?

Comment

Hillsborough team. Anybody know how these teams are selected?
                    Coach's select players and turn their names into the newpaper.

Comment

I guess the Pinellas County writer doesn't like us talking negative about CB. He showed us! On to college girls!!

Comment

I guess the Pinellas County writer doesn't like us talking negative about CB. He showed us! On to college girls!!
                        Both Pinellas county writers are completely clueless as to what makes a good soccer player. They take the easy way out goals/assists and base their "professional" opinion on that. It's so obvious that soccer is something they "have" to write about and don't really have a passion for it or an understanding of it. Player of the year for Pinellas should have definately been a defender on the PH team - not sure which one deserved it more but one of them should have got it.

Comment

Both Pinellas county writers are completely clueless as to what makes a good soccer player. They take the easy way out goals/assists and base their "professional" opinion on that. It's so obvious that soccer is something they "have" to write about and don't really have a passion for it or an understanding of it. Player of the year for Pinellas should have definately been a defender on the PH team - not sure which one deserved it more but one of them should have got it.
                          Agreed, I've been to a few games this year that writers were at. Not sure what they were watching at the games, but what they wrote and what I saw were totally different. If you didn't make all conference you are not going to be all county, because the writers dont know what soccer is. On face value that seems to make sense, but the conference breakdowns and the districts were totally different. You had coaches voting for or against players on teams that they didn't even play.

Comment

Sorry, but you're an idiot and don't have a clue. You probably have refereed some soccer games, like other's who think they're insightful opinion is the only one that counts. The St. Pete Times guys are good, better than they've ever had on their staff. And, while other sports get more ink, these guys are assigned to give HS soccer the coverage we get. Want more coverage, go up the ladder and try to petition those people.
                            The selection of 'player of the year' was a good one, and I'm not a PHU supporter by any means. I'll say it again in other words, I don't care much for PHU. Idiots who are attacking her family, her college choice, her club soccer performance, or her game in general are clueless. I can say that the selection was more than likely between 2 players on the same team in the State Tournament, and the PHU player who won. If both team's win the State title, maybe that becomes a tougher decision for the Times guys. That's just my take on it, and I've seen many games this year.

Comment

Agreed, I've been to a few games this year that writers were at. Not sure what they were watching at the games, but what they wrote and what I saw were totally different. If you didn't make all conference you are not going to be all county, because the writers dont know what soccer is. On face value that seems to make sense, but the conference breakdowns and the districts were totally different. You had coaches voting for or against players on teams that they didn't even play.
                              Yep those all county players are good ones:

Sickles standout goalkeeper Brandon Stout has committed to NAIA Weber International to continue his soccer career in the fall.
                              Stout was a key component in a Gryphons squad that reached the Class 5A-Region 3 final last month. He finished the season with a 0.297 goals against average and played a role in 20 shutouts
                              this first team all county goalie going to one of the high profile soccer schools for sure.

Comment

Yep those all county players are good ones:

Sickles standout goalkeeper Brandon Stout has committed to NAIA Weber International to continue his soccer career in the fall.
                                Stout was a key component in a Gryphons squad that reached the Class 5A-Region 3 final last month. He finished the season with a 0.297 goals against average and played a role in 20 shutouts
                                this first team all county goalie going to one of the high profile soccer schools for sure.
                                Weber International is high profile?

Comment

Working...
                                X