Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ophir Field

Anyone been by there? Just happened to see they have a construction cam and they are prepping the field. Does anyone know how far away they are before the turf goes in? Mechanicals, lights all in and if I squint I think I can see goals off in the distance.

New turf + 90,000 sqft dome in winter. NYSC putting lots of pressure on non-MLS DA competition (FCW, BS). Nice to see an announced facility actually getting completed.

(not an NYSC parent, but a little jealous!)

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone been by there? Just happened to see they have a construction cam and they are prepping the field. Does anyone know how far away they are before the turf goes in? Mechanicals, lights all in and if I squint I think I can see goals off in the distance.

New turf + 90,000 sqft dome in winter. NYSC putting lots of pressure on non-MLS DA competition (FCW, BS). Nice to see an announced facility actually getting completed.

You must be from BS

Comment

You must be from BS
      Haha, negative ghostrider. Avoid MK at all costs.

Comment

Turf is supposed to be going in this or next week. Probably the main question for NYSC parents is how many teams will actually get games and training scheduled there, since they do have to share w manhattanville college. My assumption is only DA teams. Younth teams and NPL might still end up nomads.

Comment

I have been by there for my kid's practice. Facility looks almost complete (minus the bubble, which wouldn't be up until late fall anyway). It is pretty cool to see a real home facility get built.

Comment

OP. Was nearby on biz and went by - lots of work going on - looks like final agg getting laid down before turf so feels like final push to get done (still needs fencing completed). I must say, wow, it's a massive field. That bubble will be awesome in Winter

Comment

NYSC home campus

New York Soccer Club, in partnership with Manhattanville College, is building a turf field, indoor and year round facility.

There is ANOTHER turf field there that the college uses, and the partnership allows both the College and the Club to use BOTH. So they build 1 turf field, and get to use 2.

What that means, is that the younger ages and non DA teams will all practice there.

And the 90,000 square feet of indoor space allows for 3 indoor professional futsal courts for winter use.

The turf is being put down right now. If you want to watch it live just click here.

https://www.newyorksoccerclub.org/ophir

This is 1000% an amazing development for youth soccer in the NY METRO area. The entire facility will be ready for play as early as 9 days from now. If you go to the DA website, you can see scheduled games already on the April calendar.

Comment

All the new turf fields in the world will not help their GDA program, the best talent goes to NYCFC, and always will....

Comment

Yes, because nycfc GDA is free...oh wait, it is not. Stop pretending nycfc is anything but world class with a different shirt.

Comment

Yes, because nycfc GDA is free...oh wait, it is not. Stop pretending nycfc is anything but world class with a different shirt.
                    Not free but less.

Comment

Good one! You really made a good one, glad you are happy over paying for an inferior product.

Comment

Not free but less.
                        The nysc vs nycfc/wc girls DA debate is not really my concern but when you say it costs less, do you factor in the gas, tolls, time spent traveling over the bridge? If you're in Putnam, Westchester or CT then Manhattanville is easily more convenient and likely worth the price differential and more.

Comment

The nysc vs nycfc/wc girls DA debate is not really my concern but when you say it costs less, do you factor in the gas, tolls, time spent traveling over the bridge? If you're in Putnam, Westchester or CT then Manhattanville is easily more convenient and likely worth the price differential and more.
                          The upside to playing at NYCFC GDA or WC ECNL is so huge that it broke my calculator. In other words, if you don’t know that by now, you are doomed...

Trust me, we learned the hard way, no comparison, none.

Comment

Just be honest, with the boys adding the older age groups, and sharing with the college, there will not be enough fields or time for the girls.

Comment

Just be honest, with the boys adding the older age groups, and sharing with the college, there will not be enough fields or time for the girls.
                              Sadly, that might be true...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X