Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSA is Positioned to Blow

Larry now plugging Surf getting ECNL on his SUSA thread. Personally I think GDA will get traction. I think the USWNT GDA tie in down in DC is a very aggressive way to show clubs the path to the team.

If SUSA builds its facility it will be impressive but by no means should KK and others pack up and call it a day. If anyone can offer a similarly competative or more competative program for much less money they will be fine. Athletic kids come from all different backgrounds and while I am sure SUSA may carry 1-2 per age group, their cost structure will be prohibitive for many strong athletes.

On the bright side look for the Cedar Stars owner (a guy with real money that doesn't need government assistance) to buy this place on the cheap in a few years. Only then will it live up to its promise of supporting the most promising athletes.

Kind of funny looking back at these threads and now KK and Susa are still in the news.

Comment

How many of Dan's players actually followed him?

Comment

Has anyone seen the new facility being developed? Looks like womeone with insider knowledge posting in BOTN that they don't have the permits and likely wont be built.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Has anyone seen the new facility being developed? Looks like womeone with insider knowledge posting in BOTN that they don't have the permits and likely wont be built.
          Susa is a joke. plain and simple

Comment

sorry for all those who just committed. You will regret it in a years time.

Comment

If they don't break ground in 17/18 they are done and LM and Susa will be exposed as the soccer version of Madoff. Barca will at least have 2 fields build by September.

Comment

Until I see something more than a decade old artists rendering produced by a completely different company, I'm calling it vaporware.

Comment

Until I see something more than a decade old artists rendering produced by a completely different company, I'm calling it vaporware.
                  Come on, give them some credit. They did photoshop a clubhouse on those old renderings!

That had to cost $50 for a graphics artist.

I hear for their new stadium they are touching up Old Trafford!

Comment

Parents saying Susa rates going up again next year to finance their complex. I thought they had the financing lined up?

Comment

Parents saying Susa rates going up again next year to finance their complex. I thought they had the financing lined up?
                      Considering that it's going to take a few years to get done, that means that the current generation is being asked to pony up for facilities that they won't even be able to use.

Comment

Seems like it would be more economical to just rent existing facilities.

Comment

Considering that it's going to take a few years to get done, that means that the current generation is being asked to pony up for facilities that they won't even be able to use.
                          Barca is going to crush SUSA with their complex. Why play for a second or third team at SUSA when you could do the same for Barca? Any kid would love to wear the uniform. Because of their Kings Park complex, SUSA will never build their complex. It becomes too high risk now if they don't have the numbers to support it. Plus, their complex has not yet been approved. Politicians will probably not approve at this point as their constituents are strongly opposed.

Comment

Barca is going to crush SUSA with their complex. Why play for a second or third team at SUSA when you could do the same for Barca? Any kid would love to wear the uniform. Because of their Kings Park complex, SUSA will never build their complex. It becomes too high risk now if they don't have the numbers to support it. Plus, their complex has not yet been approved. Politicians will probably not approve at this point as their constituents are strongly opposed.
                            You mean the $475 registration they charge per player won't cover the operating costs and debt service on this multi-million dollar complex? Lol. I've been saying this since day 1. You can't build what those renderings show and not expect their already high fees to double or triple. It's impossible to pull off what they want without either screwing the taxpayers of Islip (land below cost) or players families (substantially higher fees).

Most Independent trainers I know make $60-75k per year. If you crunch the numbers they would have to pay much less so what bucket will this debt service and operating costs come from? There is a reason big clubs are typically far from urban areas where land is cheaper and non-profit. Once you throw even a 30% gross margin on the costs of soccer on an already expensive LI the numbers will NEVER work without sacrificing something.

My guess is the guy that owns this wants to grab the land, go broke and sell it for a profit. Sorry Islip, I tried to make the soccer thing work! Think Roosevelt Raceway and that land giveaway in central Nassau that became prime retail space. Always happens on LI with the corrupt politicians and always will because the tax payers never hold the crooks accountable.

Comment

Would be funny if they raise the rates to pay for the facility, and then never build it anyway.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X