Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oregon soccer? Well, it sucks. Why any decent college would offer a spot to an Oregon player is beyond ludicrous.
    The problem with your post is that you mentioned college. The clubs in Oregon need to take a different approach. Let's try thinking about development, loyalty and coaching staff that have the skills to learn. OYSA have just hired a new grass roots level technical DOC. Let's hope they reach out and have the balls to help without upsetting the Timbers.

Comment

So funny

Oregon kids are doing just fine in college. Why would a college look to Oregon for players, look on few college web sites, lots of kids doing well. Look no further than the NCAA D1 winners, a few kids from Oregon on that list.

Comment

Oregon kids are doing just fine in college. Why would a college look to Oregon for players, look on few college web sites, lots of kids doing well. Look no further than the NCAA D1 winners, a few kids from Oregon on that list.
        You have to look long and hard to find them since I keep running into players from other states.

Comment

I just looked at Stanford's 2017 roster, didn't see one fom Oregon. Goalie from Camas was about as close as it got.

http://gostanford.com/roster.aspx?path=wsoc

Comment

Boys Roster

Oregon has two gender groups playing soccer, boy and girls. Please look at the boys roster

Comment

I just looked at Stanford's 2017 roster, didn't see one fom Oregon. Goalie from Camas was about as close as it got.

http://gostanford.com/roster.aspx?path=wsoc
              Didn't you know? Oregon clubs have been trying to take credit for washington kids for a long time now. The men's team has another Washington timber kid. But expect timbers academy to take credit for the one year they had him.

Comment

Didn't you know? Oregon clubs have been trying to take credit for washington kids for a long time now. The men's team has another Washington timber kid. But expect timbers academy to take credit for the one year they had him.
                He also played at FC Portland?

What is it about clubs in Vancouver? Why do all the good players either want to come to Portland or drive to Seattle for soccer?

Comment

You have to look long and hard to find them since I keep running into players from other states.
                  Ask your kid to teach you how to use the web after your done with your afternoon nap .

Comment

Players deserve the credit

The player from Washington had an amzing college carrer, story book! He played for several clubs FC, Eastside, ODP and the Timbers Acedmey. Who gets to take credit for him? He does and his family. He consistantly put himself in what he felt was the best position to learn and have a fun. He also went to Stanford so you know he put the work into grades too. Sounds like termendous young man, no wonder the Timbers signed him.

Everyone may find this hard to believe but the people that coach you kids, the acutal coaches, they just like soccer and enjoy coaching your kids and just want the best for them. If you are not experiencing that you need to find a place where that is happening.

Comment

Ask your kid to teach you how to use the web after your done with your afternoon nap .
                      I woke up, engaged the kids and they too came up with very few Oregon names. It sounds like you are more involved with fake news. But then again, nothing new for Oregon parents. If you listen to them on here, all of their dds are Pac12 quality players. Oh wait, I found a bunch of Oregon players. I had overlooked the community college rosters.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X