Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I hate about DA

I'm assuming this stops at some age group, but for U12, they have no linesmen! This is the elite level and you just rely on the ref to make the call? I get that records don't matter at this age group but at least try to get the calls right. We had linesmen in AYSO!!! Poor refs too... everybody let's them have it when they get one wrong, which is often.

140 Million in the bank and won't pay a couple of teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
      i'm assuming this stops at some age group, but for u12, they have no linesmen! This is the elite level and you just rely on the ref to make the call? I get that records don't matter at this age group but at least try to get the calls right. We had linesmen in ayso!!! Poor refs too... Everybody let's them have it when they get one wrong, which is often.
      fake news

Comment

Correct

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        fake news
        No AR's at U12

Comment

I hate that they left the D off at the and of DA that just p i s s e s me off !

Comment

I hate the politics and preferential treatment.

Comment

I hate the holier than thou attitudes of some parents. Open your eyes people - the system is good but has many, many flaws that keep it from being great.

Comment

I'm assuming this stops at some age group, but for U12, they have no linesmen! This is the elite level and you just rely on the ref to make the call? I get that records don't matter at this age group but at least try to get the calls right. We had linesmen in AYSO!!! Poor refs too... everybody let's them have it when they get one wrong, which is often.
                You in for much future disappointment if this is the only flaw you see in DA.

Comment

You in for much future disappointment if this is the only flaw you see in DA.
                  Let's face it, your kid did not make the DA and you will be forever bitter about it. Is being in the DA as good as playing at a high youth level in Europe, probably not, but it is by far the best thing if you live and play in the US. I totally understand that for parents and kids that are not good enough for it, there can be a certain level of animosity that will come out and they will attack the system.

Comment

Let's face it, your kid did not make the DA and you will be forever bitter about it. Is being in the DA as good as playing at a high youth level in Europe, probably not, but it is by far the best thing if you live and play in the US. I totally understand that for parents and kids that are not good enough for it, there can be a certain level of animosity that will come out and they will attack the system.
                    Sorry to burst your bubble but I have verifiable proof that you are wrong. We made the decision to leave DAP and play club and high school. Son is has had more development since leaving by far than at DAP. More dedicated coaching, one on one coaching, and time to spend on individual training. I will admit we did seem to get very lucky with a club coach that is much better than the DAP coach AND interested in teaching my son. The goal was for my son to become the best possible player, not to just be able to say he plays DAP. I see many DAP players get to college only to sit on the bench. Approx. 9 months later, we just attended an ID showcase along with several of the players my son played DAP with. Watching them play against each on mixed teams verified that we made the right decision. My son was shining and I couldn't have been happier. I realize that I'm not objective but I fairly sure the coaches watching would agree.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have verifiable proof that you are wrong. We made the decision to leave DAP and play club and high school. Son is has had more development since leaving by far than at DAP. More dedicated coaching, one on one coaching, and time to spend on individual training. I will admit we did seem to get very lucky with a club coach that is much better than the DAP coach AND interested in teaching my son. The goal was for my son to become the best possible player, not to just be able to say he plays DAP. I see many DAP players get to college only to sit on the bench. Approx. 9 months later, we just attended an ID showcase along with several of the players my son played DAP with. Watching them play against each on mixed teams verified that we made the right decision. My son was shining and I couldn't have been happier. I realize that I'm not objective but I fairly sure the coaches watching would agree.
                      That is a problem with the particular club not the DA. Learn the difference.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble but your son is "shining" because the competition is not as good.

Comment

Ok, sure, you made the decision to leave the DA (Don't know *** DAP is), you made the DA team and then you turned it down because your kid wanted to play high school, sure, I believe you. Now it was the best decision you could have ever made, right? sure, we all believe that, right? Now your kid is better than all the DA players, yes, without a doubt, we believe you.

Comment

Where is the verifiable proof that you are talking about?

Comment

Or here is another thought. The DA coaches locally where we are. Don't have the back ground of qualifications of the coach who coaches my sons team. Also we can't afford it financially. So it is a win win for us. Kid still gets extremely high level coaching and we keep $$$ in our pocket.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X