Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Kid Left the DA structure and is Playing 1)ECNL 2)Club 3)Out of Soccer 4)HS Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's more overlap between low DA and top other club; same with the players as well.
    Agreed. Depends on the area, if there are DA and ECNL teams, etc. Too many "high" leagues in one area seems to severely dilute the player pool.

Comment

This moron is an example of what is wrong with soccer in this country. You have it ass backwards. First you play soccer for fun. Typically the more a player likes the game the better they get - whether they are an elite player or not. Then the player progresses. DA is a joke - it was put together by a bunch of "experts" who have not advanced the game in this country at all - look at the most recent world cup "effort". DA has turned into a country club where rich white kids run around and act like they are great players because mommy and daddy can foot the bill. The idea that some minimally qualified idiots can look at a bunch of 7 year olds and decide which ones are going to be elite players ten years from now is a joke. The reason Latin American and European teams are great is because the players played as kids - wherever and whenever they could - because it was fun. That's what made them great. Does Africa have DA? No. But look at how many great players come out of African countries and are playing in Europe. You guys are a bunch of rich suburbanites jacking each other off because you live near a DA club and can afford it.
      The first DA cycle is playing U20 and below but you have it all figured out. Keep talking I find you amusing. Yes funny Funny like a clown!!

Comment

It’s seems clear to me that the intent of the DA structure is to develop MNT players . The issue is how do they know how to select a player at lets say u12 level or even a u13 or u14 it is puzzling to me not looking to bash the system. I alway thought some great players at u12 might not be a player at all at age u15 so how does this process work ?
        Unless your god how can one tell even in this process ? And if this system was so great why does the USMNT never use the players it’s developed the US mNT seems to be lined with older players and not DA system players with the purpose it was intended for ? I am just trying to understand the justification of putting a kid in a system they might not even be harvesting for .
        if a better player shows up at 16 the kid that was performing at 12 is out. Simple Some kids develop late some early. Some keep the passion for the game others would rather start playing tennis. No one is claiming that the U12 kids will be around in 4 or 6 years. they are just the better options at the time. Some will progress and others will not keep up. You need coaches and parents that understand We had a kid this year ask to be moved down for playing time the coach and the parents worked it out. Nothing says the kid wont grow 10 inches and lose 4 seconds off his 40 in the next 8 months.

Comment

Nothing fu*ks up soccer more than adults. Let the kids play. It will all sort itself out.

Comment

if a better player shows up at 16 the kid that was performing at 12 is out. Simple Some kids develop late some early. Some keep the passion for the game others would rather start playing tennis. No one is claiming that the U12 kids will be around in 4 or 6 years. they are just the better options at the time. Some will progress and others will not keep up. You need coaches and parents that understand We had a kid this year ask to be moved down for playing time the coach and the parents worked it out. Nothing says the kid wont grow 10 inches and lose 4 seconds off his 40 in the next 8 months.
            Those big dumb fast kids sure play a mean kickball - the Who

Comment

The first DA cycle is playing U20 and below but you have it all figured out. Keep talking I find you amusing. Yes funny Funny like a clown!!
              Not entirely true as DA has been around for 10 years. Early participants who were 14 would be 24 now, older obviously older. But you knew that.

No doubt they have been relying on too many older players who were not a part of DA. Not that DA is necessarily creating better players but those ancients on the squad need to retire and let in some new blood.

Comment

Thanks good input !
                Mine plays for a small club, HS and ODP. She went to the National Camp two years in a row and probably will again this year. 6 D1 colleges offers. It truly don't matter where you are. If the kid is good they will be found. Facts :)

Comment

Mine never did DA. Had offers from two clubs but didn't want to give up HS sports and it was a long commute. Dis high level club and 3sports in HS (good not great in the others). Lots of coach interest and will playing at a midlevel D1 next year with great academics (all I care about ). It may take a little more effort to get in front of coaches vs DA but if you're good they'll be interested. Find the best coaching and worry less about the badge.

Comment

Mine never did DA. Had offers from two clubs but didn't want to give up HS sports and it was a long commute. Dis high level club and 3sports in HS (good not great in the others). Lots of coach interest and will playing at a midlevel D1 next year with great academics (all I care about ). It may take a little more effort to get in front of coaches vs DA but if you're good they'll be interested. Find the best coaching and worry less about the badge.
                    Love it when parents post these helpful stories. many DA programs are just the same program they were before with the DA badge on it. same with ECNL. Don't feel you need to do it if you are in a good situation and the available DA and ECNL programs don't suit you. Yes, they have better exposure (especially GDA for national teams) but there are a lot of college playing opportunities for women and you can make your own contacts, even for national team because they want good players. Playing multiple sports is a plus. Coaches know those players are going to be less injury prone. Playing multiple positions is also a plus. Coaches want a good player with a good attitude and parents that aren't a pain. It's not hard to find your own opportunities by reaching out because coaches are always looking. Your player should be the one communicating, parents stay in the background and only get involved when it comes to offers and commitments. There are always going to be connected players who get opportunities they otherwise may have not, but that doesn't change the fact that there are plenty of opportunities for good players who know what they want.

Comment

What fits for some kids does not fit for others ! Move past the fear and do what you know what is correct for your child .

Comment

Nothing fu*ks up soccer more than adults. Let the kids play. It will all sort itself out.
                        Most true comment

Comment

Find it amusing or not but the guy is right for the most part. The language he put it in is questionable but he is almost right on.

Soccer in this country is mostly for rich kids. To be on a competitive team and travel will cost $3000 plus a year.

The DA is overrated. The only clubs who should have DA's are MLS and USL.

Everybody almost have some kind of a DA, either full DA or partial, there is nothing special about DA. I have seen some of the best teams at non-DA clubs.

Comment

Find it amusing or not but the guy is right for the most part. The language he put it in is questionable but he is almost right on.

Soccer in this country is mostly for rich kids. To be on a competitive team and travel will cost $3000 plus a year.

The DA is overrated. The only clubs who should have DA's are MLS and USL.

Everybody almost have some kind of a DA, either full DA or partial, there is nothing special about DA. I have seen some of the best teams at non-DA clubs.
                            Oh, I am sure you have with your rose tinted glasses that you have on there. You are not going to fool us WFF guy. Your team is no where near the quality of a DA team.

Comment

DA is for chumps

My son dropped out of DA this year and is only playing HS soccer. He is the most amazing kid on the field game in and game out! He also has started wearing his shin guards OVER HIS SOCKS and it has really made a difference in his overall game! Less confining to his calves which increases his overall speed.

DA never supplied knee pads or rec specs with his kit so we've gotten them for him also and, for the first time, he can ACTUALLY SEE THE FIELD. Not to mention his knees are fully protected!

DA is for chumps! He would never have been the star he is today on the HS field had we stayed in DA where he wasn't allowed to play HS ball.

Losers. Pfft...

Comment

Just was told of a kid that got almost 12k per year to play out of state at a school that costs 35. Congrats on that. You could go in state and no scholarship for half of that. But nobody is going to say parents who have spent 30k on youth soccer have good financial planning skills anyway.
                                Thanks to Title 9, that is the reality for most boys. They are lucky if they even get a spot on a college team and then if you get some money you are really doing good. So not many opportunities for boys and what is out there is typically taken by foreign players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X