Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anybody catch the comment "I thought Surf was supposed to get GDA"? There's been no response to that, but some have been deliberately not posted. Typical LM.
    You know, this site has weaned me off BOTN for my daily soccer fix. I rarely go there and hopefully the break will be complete by next Fall as, it seems, more and more folks are coming here to chat.

I can tell you this, my son's westchester town club lost 2 boys to Surf a year ago and the other week the parent of one contacted me to see how the old team and club were doing and feeling me out for options with us. He went from paying $1k for the town team to $3k for surf and doesn't feel like he got much out of it.

What he got were more committed parents, but not more skill or talented players and coaches.

Comment

Is Surf closing up shop in Westchester? Tryouts exclude that county.

http://www.nysurfsoccer.org/tryouts/

Comment

You know, this site has weaned me off BOTN for my daily soccer fix. I rarely go there and hopefully the break will be complete by next Fall as, it seems, more and more folks are coming here to chat.

I can tell you this, my son's westchester town club lost 2 boys to Surf a year ago and the other week the parent of one contacted me to see how the old team and club were doing and feeling me out for options with us. He went from paying $1k for the town team to $3k for surf and doesn't feel like he got much out of it.

What he got were more committed parents, but not more skill or talented players and coaches.

In fairness, lots of players shouldn't move from travel to club. Problem is there's plenty of clubs willing to take parents' money.

Comment

As far as I know they've been running tryouts

Comment

Can I ask what age? A lot of time club/premier soccer doesn't look much different from town travel at the younger ages but the training generally is better and as the kids age up the game does become vastly different. Not that I think this is the case but I have seen lots of kick and chase with "premier" 11-12 year olds but those same kids at 13-14 are suddenly playing a much different game once it clicks.

Comment

As far as I know they've been running tryouts
              Tryouts already took place

Comment

Westchester Surf tryouts were completed late in April.

Comment

Westchester Surf tryouts were completed late in April.
                  April? That is really early. Why would they do that?

Comment

To try and get NYSC players to join. Problem is they got the c,d, and e team players joining instead.

Comment

Because last year they started too late and failed to form any teams. They played the last year with teams that came over largely intact from other clubs.

Comment

A lot of higher level clubs + girls DA started very early so they were probably hoping to get into that mix and pick up some players. Sounds like it didn't happen. Mid to lower level teams didn't jump on the early tryout bandwagon.

Comment

Wait until they tell the players SB University is taking back P-Lot! Clubs know but parents are in the dark.

Comment

Wait until they tell the players SB University is taking back P-Lot! Clubs know but parents are in the dark.
                            So no more use of P-lot fields?

Comment

So no more use of P-lot fields?
                              Not for youth clubs. The university is taking them back. The club was informed.

Comment

Way to be a good neighbor in the community Stony Brook.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X