Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Parents need to speak up...the travel that these teams are doing especially at u13-u15 for these leagues is absolutely unnecessary. I am a fan of ECNL, but again u14 traveling to Alabama for a league game? Really? Keep league travel to a reasonable distance for league play and go to two tournaments/showcases that require plane, trains and automobiles to two a year plus one or two local tournaments. Let’s get our senses back. Our club is doing a concord tournament in Angust after two weeks of being together...what in the world are we doing???
    I tend to agree on the under U14 age group and travel but U15 and above ECNL is were it get serious and competitive. Parents who think its to much at this age group and above need to think about heading back to regular travel soccer. ECNL is where it gets to elite and players/parents need to be fully committed.

Comment

I tend to agree on the under U14 age group and travel but U15 and above ECNL is were it get serious and competitive. Parents who think its to much at this age group and above need to think about heading back to regular travel soccer. ECNL is where it gets to elite and players/parents need to be fully committed.
      Not the poster but if there weren't multiple "elite" leagues teams wouldn't have to travel all over for a decent game. They could all play each other locally.

Comment

Not the poster but if there weren't multiple "elite" leagues teams wouldn't have to travel all over for a decent game. They could all play each other locally.
        So...ECNL didn’t have teams travel all over before GDA? So full of crap, troll.

Comment

So...ECNL didn’t have teams travel all over before GDA? So full of crap, troll.
          Is GDA helping the situation? No they made it far worse, diluting the talent and resources.

Comment

Is GDA helping the situation? No they made it far worse, diluting the talent and resources.
            that's true, its all about market share. The saddest part of it is that is that the people running the leagues won't just admit it. These leagues were supposed to help develop better quality players so we could compete internationally. Has not happened, and I'm sure we all enjoyed watching France win the world cup while our pathetic little team (run by the same people who brought you DA and GDA) sat on their asses back home. At the end of the day these leagues just make soccer more expensive, dilute talent, and prevent a true comparison of the quality of players.

Comment

I agree with the diluting the talent, but the quote in post 21, was trying to blame ‘multiple elite leagues’. My point was that ECNL travel was ridiculous before GDA was around.

Comment

Especially true on the boys side. I do think as more top players move to ECNL and ECNL keeps expanding travel might come down. Not trying to be hoorah here but ECNL is taking hold, our tryouts had big numbers and there were quality players that didn't make the team.

On a side note look at boys DA, they travel out of state and to places like CA so if your ECNL or DA player i would expect travel as a part. Myself not a fan of long distance travel but right now to play elite teams and get exposure its the necessary evil.

Comment

OK Stupid...thats why most every good club was tring to get an ECNL team. Additionally, most of the national team pool and players came from ECNL clubs. You are an idiot! Go back to SFUYSA and get a medal.
                  The dumbass is you. 3 years ago is the point. Until TopHat jumped in, ECNL was crap in the southeast.

Comment

The dumbass is you. 3 years ago is the point. Until TopHat jumped in, ECNL was crap in the southeast.
                    Ecnl in Florida is at least as strong as GDA in Florida.

Comment

The GDA is also crap. Without Top Hat and NC Courage the SE level isn’t good.

Comment

The GDA is also crap. Without Top Hat and NC Courage the SE level isn’t good.
                        Tophat don’t want to play in florida. They have games scheduled in Dallas and Virginia. GDA in Florida in embarrassing

Comment

Tophat don’t want to play in florida. They have games scheduled in Dallas and Virginia. GDA in Florida in embarrassing
                          With concord and pride leaving - nc and ga teams are playing two teams out of conference to balance out their games. Tophat is coming to Florida in October. The Florida teams will play each other 4 times to make up for those teams leaving.

Comment

Parents need to speak up...the travel that these teams are doing especially at u13-u15 for these leagues is absolutely unnecessary. I am a fan of ECNL, but again u14 traveling to Alabama for a league game? Really? Keep league travel to a reasonable distance for league play and go to two tournaments/showcases that require plane, trains and automobiles to two a year plus one or two local tournaments. Let’s get our senses back. Our club is doing a concord tournament in Angust after two weeks of being together...what in the world are we doing???
                            These tournaments are a big money maker for the big clubs. And some of the clubs have agreements that if you travel here (and pay), we will travel for yours (and pay).

Comment

With concord and pride leaving - nc and ga teams are playing two teams out of conference to balance out their games. Tophat is coming to Florida in October. The Florida teams will play each other 4 times to make up for those teams leaving.
                              Why doesn’t everyone play each other 3 times. Tophat are traveling to Texas ?

Comment

Why doesn’t everyone play each other 3 times. Tophat are traveling to Texas ?
                                Yea...top hat basically said we beat everyone from Florida so bad (besides the Pride who had very competitive games with them, but now they’re gone) we arent coming down there to waste our time and money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X