Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I doubt it given his daughter's widely publicized academic record.
    The other two didn’t really have the chops either.

Comment

The other two didn’t really have the chops either.
      Who TF are you to comment on someone else's kids? Why don't you share your Ds credentials for us to critique?

Comment

Who TF are you to comment on someone else's kids? Why don't you share your Ds credentials for us to critique?
        There's no shame in not having "the chops" to get into Duke. My D had a 4.1 GPA with 8 AP classes and 1400+ SAT and didn't get in. She didn't have the chops either.

I don't think either of these kids are matching that. FWIW my d has also played with and against them. Their teammates were not enamored with them either.

So take that and STFU...

Comment

Not the poster and I agree. But in this case the dad put targets on his kids for years and his antics on TS are legendary. He's his own subcategory of bad soccer parent. So many posters go after him via his kids.

Comment

There's no shame in not having "the chops" to get into Duke. My D had a 4.1 GPA with 8 AP classes and 1400+ SAT and didn't get in. She didn't have the chops either.

I don't think either of these kids are matching that. FWIW my d has also played with and against them. Their teammates were not enamored with them either.

So take that and STFU...
            You are so jealous of him.

Comment

If you are asking what "strong academics" is at a top prep school (and not every prep school has top academics), it is the strength and breadth of their offerings, the highest quality teaching, and possibly the most important, being surrounded by extremely bright peers. The students will all test in the top 10%, and I'd venture to guess a large majority will test in the top 5%. Class discussion, and pace of learning thus is better than public school.

There are downsides. Some schools are pressure cookers, with the resulting mental stress for some students.

There is much more to consider, but that's academics.
              Yeah, that and mommy and daddy have uber connections in the Fortune 100s and baby bear will never be allowed to fail. Coupled with his prestigious diploma from New England Snobbery Academy we can get him into a NESCAC school with sizable donations and then he can graduate with a 2.9 in Poli Sci with a lot of tutoring go and get his MBA at a mediocre private school and then start his junior executive in training job with no experience at 24.

Comment

Yeah, that and mommy and daddy have uber connections in the Fortune 100s and baby bear will never be allowed to fail. Coupled with his prestigious diploma from New England Snobbery Academy we can get him into a NESCAC school with sizable donations and then he can graduate with a 2.9 in Poli Sci with a lot of tutoring go and get his MBA at a mediocre private school and then start his junior executive in training job with no experience at 24.
                You sound a little bitter, but there is some truth to what you say.

Comment

You are so jealous of him.
                  Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    Agreed.
                    I honestly don’t think anyone on this board is jealous of him. His postings are downright bizarre. His daughter is a good player, though. And good for her for using soccer to get into a better school than she otherwise would. Isn’t that the point, assuming she is capable of doing the work?

Comment

I honestly don’t think anyone on this board is jealous of him. His postings are downright bizarre. His daughter is a good player, though. And good for her for using soccer to get into a better school than she otherwise would. Isn’t that the point, assuming she is capable of doing the work?
                      The only thing that is bizarre is The Sketch that chases him around TS.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        The only thing that is bizarre is The Sketch that chases him around TS.
                        Who is the sketch?

Comment

Who is the sketch?
                          He has many names, but is best described as the D3 Defending, It was Always about Academics, I see BTNT, obsessive poster, who has lost perspective and projects his disappointment in his own D onto BTDTs other kids

Comment

He has many names, but is best described as the D3 Defending, It was Always about Academics, I see BTNT, obsessive poster, who has lost perspective and projects his disappointment in his own D onto BTDTs other kids
                            Yeah, not. Go away btdt.

Comment

Yeah, not. Go away btdt.
                              Regardless of whether he's BTDT or not, he's right.

Comment

At the stronger academic schools the coaches deal with "AI" or Academic Index. Let's say the team needs to average 1200 SAT (its more complicated than that but the example holds) and they are recruiting a killer player that got an 1100. They need a kid with 1300 to be able to get the 1200 "IN". So a slightly weaker player looks good to the coach to help raise his teams AI.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X