Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or maybe they just like to hear form the Coach how their kid is doing? its the nut jobs who tend to have a cynical explanation for everything. usually based in their own apathy, jealousy or insecurity
    I didn’t realize a simple hello was such a horrible thing. Maybe I should follow the dbag way of snuffing the coach because he needs us, we don’t need him. Right?

Comment

Or maybe they just like to hear form the Coach how their kid is doing? its the nut jobs who tend to have a cynical explanation for everything. usually based in their own apathy, jealousy or insecurity
      The kid, not the parent, should be hearing from the coach how he/she “is doing”. The parent of any player past u14 should not be involved in those conversations with the coach and they should definitely not be initiating those conversations.

Comment

I often wonder if I'm hurting my kids' chances b/c of that little shred of pride I have somehow retained after all this time prevents me from sucking up to all the nitwit coaches that have come and gone through my kids's athletic careers. I mean, more power those parents that put in the effort to schmooze before and after every practice and game, but I just can't do it.
        It's a tough balancing act as a parent. You want to teach your kids that hard work matters and is rewarded (in anything, sports, school etc). But the unfortunate reality is that often enough the squeaky wheel, pushy parents are successful in getting what they want. In school, in college and in a career sometimes you have to play politics. That's harder to avoid. You do have options with clubs and if you're at a club where this happens more than occasionally you're at the wrong place

Comment

OK, I'm going to drift but *** who cares...

RE: Umbrellas.

So, watching a game and a parent of a good kid, and a decent player shows up late. Kid doesn't play as much as I think she could, but is always missing for basketball, dances, "too tired" etc. Hey, that's fine, we all have different priorities, but don't come whining when the minutes get limited mommie dearest.

Anyhoo, she shows up and immediately opens this gifvckingantic umbrella and stands right next to me. She starts complaining about how Mia isn't playing again, and then proceeds to prattle on about the basketball tournament they are in.

I
          Don't
          Care

I'm deliberately standing by myself so I can watch the game in silence and not disturb anyone. Since you've shown up, you have now blocked my vision, blocked my hearing, and goddammit...that perfume you marinated in you have now blocked my sniffer, too.

Umbrellas on the sideline should be outlawed. How I haven't lost an eye yet is a statistical anomaly.

Phew, I feel better getting that off my chest.
          I think you missed my point. The parent I'm referring to is on the coaches sideline during a ecnl game holding the umbrella for the coach.

Comment

It's a tough balancing act as a parent. You want to teach your kids that hard work matters and is rewarded (in anything, sports, school etc). But the unfortunate reality is that often enough the squeaky wheel, pushy parents are successful in getting what they want. In school, in college and in a career sometimes you have to play politics. That's harder to avoid. You do have options with clubs and if you're at a club where this happens more than occasionally you're at the wrong place
            At FSA parents dictate everything. They get really cushy with the coaches.

Comment

I think you missed my point. The parent I'm referring to is on the coaches sideline during a ecnl game holding the umbrella for the coach.
              Parents are not allowed in the players bench area for ECNL games. I call bs, unless you’ll name the specific team where this happens.

Comment

Parents are not allowed in the players bench area for ECNL games. I call bs, unless you’ll name the specific team where this happens.
                02 boys parent ZS is always on the team sideline true story

Comment

And yes he does hold the umbrella

Comment

Not to mention their are 8 kids on that team that belong to his high school team.

Comment

FSA boys?

Comment

And yes he does hold the umbrella
                        Anarchy!!!

Comment

FSA boys?

Yup

Comment

Not to mention their are 8 kids on that team that belong to his high school team.
                            Sounds like a huge Cisco violation

Comment

Ciac violation

Comment

welcome to OW. nepotism at it's best on the girls side!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X