Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree I think travel can come in and turn things around , and send all these fake premiers that just want to rob our money. Good coaching and good board is all that is needed. Why pay the kind of money we have been paying for premier when all is needed is to get travel to start a premier program. I’m sure town premier will be 10x more cheaper as well.
    Our town travel is 800 bucks. Pathetic town board. Yeah you know who you are. D1cks

Comment

I agree I think travel can come in and turn things around , and send all these fake premiers that just want to rob our money. Good coaching and good board is all that is needed. Why pay the kind of money we have been paying for premier when all is needed is to get travel to start a premier program. I’m sure town premier will be 10x more cheaper as well.
      The answer is not having town programs try to be Premier programs. The answer is getting town programs to be GOOD town programs that are better options than the bad Premier programs. With this we need to get rid of bad Premier programs.

When town programs try to act as Premier programs everyone loses. Be the best town program you can be. Make it hard for all but the few best players to leave. Don't try to become something you are not. In order for this to work the families have to be fairly well educated on the soccer landscape. The bad programs will die off and you will be left with a clearer, differentiated choice. Right now it's too muddy.

Comment

The answer is not having town programs try to be Premier programs. The answer is getting town programs to be GOOD town programs that are better options than the bad Premier programs. With this we need to get rid of bad Premier programs.

When town programs try to act as Premier programs everyone loses. Be the best town program you can be. Make it hard for all but the few best players to leave. Don't try to become something you are not. In order for this to work the families have to be fairly well educated on the soccer landscape. The bad programs will die off and you will be left with a clearer, differentiated choice. Right now it's too muddy.
        Having good town programs requires good boards. Good boards require parents participating, not only to volunteer to help and maybe even serve on boards, but also to vote, voice their opinion etc. Our town board meetings are EMPTY. Luckily we now have some really good people in place but it hasn't always been that way.

As for town premier - not that many towns are running premier programs; it's really just larger ones. I also see a different side of the argument - it also keeps players in town, still playing together, instead of splitting off to different clubs, which will happen no matter what you tell parents. It's almost always much cheaper than traditional premier clubs. I'm all for getting as many kids playing the sport as possible. That said, a town program has to be well run and the town needs to be of sufficient size to run travel and premier without cannibalizing each other

Comment

Old fart really , where do you come up with your come backs, dial up modem because I said we shouldn’t be paying for premier soccer if travel had premier already. Your just lame. Must be a owner of a pop up to be so salty. Hey why don’t you suck my left nut n make the right one jealous.
          I would love to suck it however your wife had them removed the day she slapped you like the little bitch you are. Now she has the nuts and you have her camel toe. Must suck to be the woman in the house when you had no say in it wussy

Comment

100% agree on your points. However, there are some town programs that are better than the bad premier programs and parents are still obsessed with a 'name' and saying that a kid plays for a premier program or club. I know of kids who are on the B town travel team and yet make the A Premier team or on the C town team and then make the B Premier team -- defies all logic and shows the money grab that it all is.

Once some more town programs get their act into gear and can really prove their programs are solid, education is key and parents need to be realistic about where their kid actually belongs and where they will continue to develop, thrive, and grow.

Comment

My daughters town travel team plays in the premier league and has for several years. No increase in the seasonal fee which was about $150 until they went to the CCSL. Now the fee is slightly higher. They went premier because they were beating everyone in travel. Do you think they should not being playing in the premier league?

What exactly constitutes acting as a premier program in your mind?

Comment

I would love to suck it however your wife had them removed the day she slapped you like the little bitch you are. Now she has the nuts and you have her camel toe. Must suck to be the woman in the house when you had no say in it wussy
                Real Tuff guy with a keyboard. Only thing your slapping is the back of your head giving head to your self. Next time you want to record your self getting off and having fantasy’s with your grandma don’t announce it to everyone we just don’t care . You’re probably a 40 yr old virgin. Have sex with your”re self don’t count. Go play with your grandma some more.

Comment

Town travel programs will soon compete in higher premier leagues, its the future.

Comment

Town travel programs will soon compete in higher premier leagues, its the future.
                    Exactly what I love to hear. End all these pop ups their a disgrace.

Comment

How exactly are they a disgrace?

How exactly will elevating town travel teams (classic travel) to premier leagues better the situation? Isn't it just another form of credentials inflation?

Comment

Our town program went down the crapper when two idiots strangled all the decisions away from everyone. One of these clowns is still at it even though he has no kids playing. No hope of having quality in town so everyone left.

Comment

How exactly are they a disgrace?

How exactly will elevating town travel teams (classic travel) to premier leagues better the situation? Isn't it just another form of credentials inflation?
                          There are families out there that don't want premier. Travel is sufficient enough for them. Younger kids shouldn't even be traveling all over the place. Our travel program get better when they brought on better board members who don't play politics, hired an actual DOC who brought on some decent coaches (no parent coaches unless they are certified, just managers). Yes it costs more than rec but much less than premier. It helped keep families in the program and brought some disillusioned with crap premier clubs back into the fold. Trying to make a program something it isn't and won't ever be will the death of it.

Comment

There are families out there that don't want premier. Travel is sufficient enough for them. Younger kids shouldn't even be traveling all over the place. Our travel program get better when they brought on better board members who don't play politics, hired an actual DOC who brought on some decent coaches (no parent coaches unless they are certified, just managers). Yes it costs more than rec but much less than premier. It helped keep families in the program and brought some disillusioned with crap premier clubs back into the fold. Trying to make a program something it isn't and won't ever be will the death of it.
                            And where is this magical town called "wonderland"..... I mean "travel land"... I mean travel soccer

Comment

Our town program went down the crapper when two idiots strangled all the decisions away from everyone. One of these clowns is still at it even though he has no kids playing. No hope of having quality in town so everyone left.
                              sounds like Trumbull united, now Trumbull premier. We had to leave

Comment

sounds like Trumbull united, now Trumbull premier. We had to leave
                                Sounds like my hometown. Not trumbull. Farther north up 95. We have a dimwit like described. Last 6 years this guy drove our program into the ground. My boys left a long time ago

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X