Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can't have a player being fouled 10 times in match. Direct kicks are not enough.
    I could not agree more! My son fantastic ball handler and can outmaneuver most - but now the tactic is well let me trip him from behind - hit him after play - or simply lay him out. He doesn't complain but your right - direct kicks are simply not enough.

My main concern is it doesn't foster good soccer - and it makes play poor - and you've got players that think they are developing because they've layed somebody out.

I saw this a few weeks ago with my younger son playing Valeo = he was going on breakaway and gets tripped from behind.

His dad = not knowing that was my son says "yeah great foul, take that one every day of the week."

Really?

Yes, let's keep teaching our kids to play this way and not hand out cards after 4th=5th foul and we can all enjoy watching other teams playing in the world cup for years to come!

Comment

I could not agree more! My son fantastic ball handler and can outmaneuver most - but now the tactic is well let me trip him from behind - hit him after play - or simply lay him out. He doesn't complain but your right - direct kicks are simply not enough.

My main concern is it doesn't foster good soccer - and it makes play poor - and you've got players that think they are developing because they've layed somebody out.

I saw this a few weeks ago with my younger son playing Valeo = he was going on breakaway and gets tripped from behind.

His dad = not knowing that was my son says "yeah great foul, take that one every day of the week."

Really?

Yes, let's keep teaching our kids to play this way and not hand out cards after 4th=5th foul and we can all enjoy watching other teams playing in the world cup for years to come!
      Grow up, fantasy man

Comment

Grow up, fantasy man
        Yup the World Cup has been so much fun to watch on TV.... US Soccer looks real good right now... from the couch...

Honestly, it is the whole system that is broke.... Starts with this topic and we can go on from there...

Teach kids to PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!

Comment

Germans won the game and saved their World Cup because of a foul

Comment

Spot on.

Yup the World Cup has been so much fun to watch on TV.... US Soccer looks real good right now... from the couch...

Honestly, it is the whole system that is broke.... Starts with this topic and we can go on from there...

Comment

Spot on.
              It’s all about teaching proper tactics and technique. There are always going to be mail it in refs.

My son had been fortunate to have coaches that point out during training where the line is between hard play and fouls, directing them to get to the proper position to defend and be on your toes.

He recently tried our for another club and it was apparent that anything goes. The amount of holding and grabbing was incredible. The kids would grab pinnies and spin kids around or pull them down from behind when they got beat...play continues.

One stoppage of play to communicate to them that grabbing an opponents pinny would result in a PK would stop it.

Comment

But from what I can see playing dirty is playing the game.
                US kids are learning it by watching soccer culture countries on TV

Comment

That’s the point. It is not the game. Panama tried to play dirty against England but did not factor in that a very competent ref was assigned. Lost 6-1, they gave the game away. Not enough good coaches that teach the necessary skills, and too many players resign to dirty instead of working harder and challenging themselves.

But from what I can see playing dirty is playing the game.
                  US kids are learning it by watching soccer culture countries on TV

Comment

Ronaldo elbowed Morteza Pouraliganji in the match against Iran. The incident was reviewed on the pitchside screens by referee Enrique Caceres after a VAR referral, but he decided a yellow card would suffice? How is that, when per the rules it is a red card? I'm tired of interpretation garbage. Rules are rules, and all referees have to start enforcing them. This kind of thing is ruining the integrity of the game.

Comment

Soccer culture = fouls & flops

Comment

Ronaldo elbowed Morteza Pouraliganji in the match against Iran. The incident was reviewed on the pitchside screens by referee Enrique Caceres after a VAR referral, but he decided a yellow card would suffice? How is that, when per the rules it is a red card? I'm tired of interpretation garbage. Rules are rules, and all referees have to start enforcing them. This kind of thing is ruining the integrity of the game.
                        Yeah, like, they’ll whistle a flagrant on LeBron

Comment

The refereeing has been inconsistent; even with the "help" of the VAR. Ronaldo should have had a red. But the worst missed call was the penalty on the Germans against the Swedes, , early in that game, that should have been called and at least a yellow card given

Comment

Good call. That was a clear penalty. What does it feel like for a player to earn a penalty like that, per the laws of the game, and not be awarded it? The foul was blatant, and why should a defender get away with that without it impacting the game? Something has to change. It feels like every game has different rules.

The refereeing has been inconsistent; even with the "help" of the VAR. Ronaldo should have had a red. But the worst missed call was the penalty on the Germans against the Swedes, , early in that game, that should have been called and at least a yellow card given

Comment

Colombia coach laments fouls against England at World Cup

MOSCOW (AP) - Eight yellow cards. A head-butt. Yelling players surrounding the referee. Gamesmanship and spikiness across the pitch. Decided on a penalty shoot-out, the World Cup drama of England vs. Colombia would have been better without the ugliness. Among those who thought so: Colombia coach Jose Pekerman. "When there are so, so many fouls and interruptions I think that's not good," he said. "We shouldn't only look at Colombian players. We should also look at England players." Struggling at times to keep control of the game, American referee Mark Geiger dished out six yellow cards to Colombian players.

Yellow and red cards were introduced as a result of what happened during the 1970 FIFA World Cup™ in Mexico, and have since become part and parcel of the game.

It's time to strengthen the rules to curb cheap and dirty play in the form of intentional fouls, a high number of team fouls, more than 2 yellow cards in a game, and flopping. This is a professional referee, and if professionals can't even control a game, USSF has to look at what it's doing to the integrity of the game.

Comment

Colombia coach laments fouls against England at World Cup

MOSCOW (AP) - Eight yellow cards. A head-butt. Yelling players surrounding the referee. Gamesmanship and spikiness across the pitch. Decided on a penalty shoot-out, the World Cup drama of England vs. Colombia would have been better without the ugliness. Among those who thought so: Colombia coach Jose Pekerman. "When there are so, so many fouls and interruptions I think that's not good," he said. "We shouldn't only look at Colombian players. We should also look at England players." Struggling at times to keep control of the game, American referee Mark Geiger dished out six yellow cards to Colombian players.

Yellow and red cards were introduced as a result of what happened during the 1970 FIFA World Cup™ in Mexico, and have since become part and parcel of the game.

It's time to strengthen the rules to curb cheap and dirty play in the form of intentional fouls, a high number of team fouls, more than 2 yellow cards in a game, and flopping. This is a professional referee, and if professionals can't even control a game, USSF has to look at what it's doing to the integrity of the game.
                                Maybe he should be asking himself why his team committed so many fouls in the first place? Their constant harassment of the ref, surrounding him to try and intimidate him, was also uncalled for.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X