Boys 05

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westside defeats FC 3-1, has punched ticket to Boise. Bend is second, can join NL PRO next season

Comment

OPFC also going to Boise, in U19 age group, after winning the "club vs club" tournament.

With Oregon's top two 05 teams both punching their tickets to regionals already, perhaps UPDX might be able to win State Cup and join us. They certainly won't be going to the ECNL playoffs, being in 7th place i the BECNL NW Division with only a couple matches remaining, against the top two sides (PacNW and Crossfire). So might as well go all in on USYS programming in the late spring, and demonstrate the superiority of ECNL. Should be no problem if the sales pitch is even remotely true. Especially with all the recent TA castoffs listed on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Can you post the link? I just tried and could not find it. But then again, I am not exactly sure what I am looking for? How many games?
        Google: usys national league Orlando 2022, click on event link, scroll down to video services and you will see the link for both boys and girls, once you click on the “boys” link you will have the ability to see EVERY game played (you just have to look for whatever game you want in the list) at EVERY age group for pro and e64 that were played that weekend.

if most if you had a clue this would not be necessary

Comment

Some scouting organization published Top XI lists for the USYS NL PRO event last month in Florida, three local 05s were on either the U18 or U19 lists.

Some ahole parent had the poor manners up thread to object to one of the named players, a midfielder for OPFC.
          If opfc would stop trying to push his “excellence” down everyone’s throats I bet the retorts would not happen- I am just saying sometimes you got to call a spade a spade even if those making money off the person try to call them a diamond

Comment

Level of competition at the Northwest Conference thingy this past weekend was similar to Crossfire Challenge, which involves quite a few ECNL teams. Bottom line: in this corner of the country, there is Crossfire Premier and the MLS academies, and there is everyone else.

Can't comment on the rest of the country, though back in the DA days we would regularly beat or tie other west coast DA teams, including many now in BECNL.

Again, this the same debunked nonsense that we had to deal with on the girls side five years ago.

Comment

Level of competition at the Northwest Conference thingy this past weekend was similar to Crossfire Challenge, which involves quite a few ECNL teams. Bottom line: in this corner of the country, there is Crossfire Premier and the MLS academies, and there is everyone else.

Can't comment on the rest of the country, though back in the DA days we would regularly beat or tie other west coast DA teams, including many now in BECNL.

Again, this the same debunked nonsense that we had to deal with on the girls side five years ago.
              Opfc would not know about the level of crossfire challenge or surf- they were slumming in lower brackets….haha

Comment

Opfc would not know about the level of crossfire challenge or surf- they were slumming in lower brackets….haha
                But they won that silver bracket trophy!

Comment

Google: usys national league Orlando 2022, click on event link, scroll down to video services and you will see the link for both boys and girls, once you click on the “boys” link you will have the ability to see EVERY game played (you just have to look for whatever game you want in the list) at EVERY age group for pro and e64 that were played that weekend.

if most if you had a clue this would not be necessary
                  Lmfao. I was getting ready to say "thanks" and then I finished reading and read your snipe about having a clue. In my (and probably the vast majority) defense, I have never felt the need to "stalk" another team (or in your case, stalk a teenage boy.)

Comment

Since this is the final year for most of the 05 boys, save for a few HS juniors who will still have one last hurrah in a 05/06 team next season, I thought it would be useful to compile a Best XI list. Here's mine, without regard to position.

1. My kid
                    2. My kid's best friend
                    3. My kid's coach's son who plays for our team, though he mostly comes off the bench.
                    4. The kid on our team who played for TA for two seasons, got cut and came back, and still is better than anyone else on the team.
                    5. That defensive midfielder on another team who's big and fast and while he can't dribble the ball worth a bucket of warm spit, neither can whoever he is marking.
                    6. That big fast winger who scores a lot of goals, 90% of them on one-on-one's with the opposing keeper.
                    7. That dirty little fullback who collects yellow cards like candy and gets into the other team's head, but somehow manages to never be sent off.
                    8. That goalie on the team across town with pogo sticks for legs and who gets a lot of highlight reel saves, even if he always punts the ball back to the other team.
                    9. That center attacking mid for that team in the valley, who can dribble like a Harlem Globetrotter and has a cannon for a foot, but has never once passed the ball in his entire career.
                    10. That big striker for the club out in the suburbs who looks like Erling Haaland against most of the local club competition, but gets shut down if he ever faces a competent back line.
                    11. The centerback who totally owns the big striker for the club out in the suburbs who looks like Erling Haaland against everyone else.

Who ya got?

Comment

Lmfao. I was getting ready to say "thanks" and then I finished reading and read your snipe about having a clue. In my (and probably the vast majority) defense, I have never felt the need to "stalk" another team (or in your case, stalk a teenage boy.)
                      Nice attempt at turning it into something dark- game film is out there, do t have to “stalk” anyone/any team. We all watch film (parents and coaches), It’s how everyone makes sense of the politics and parent rhetoric absent the relationship . He is not a best XI and actually really surprised AB was as he was not their best forward that weekend and did not even play the last game as far as I could tell? Only guess I have is they were among the few registered with that service.

Comment

Since this is the final year for most of the 05 boys, save for a few HS juniors who will still have one last hurrah in a 05/06 team next season, I thought it would be useful to compile a Best XI list. Here's mine, without regard to position.

1. My kid
                        2. My kid's best friend
                        3. My kid's coach's son who plays for our team, though he mostly comes off the bench.
                        4. The kid on our team who played for TA for two seasons, got cut and came back, and still is better than anyone else on the team.
                        5. That defensive midfielder on another team who's big and fast and while he can't dribble the ball worth a bucket of warm spit, neither can whoever he is marking.
                        6. That big fast winger who scores a lot of goals, 90% of them on one-on-one's with the opposing keeper.
                        7. That dirty little fullback who collects yellow cards like candy and gets into the other team's head, but somehow manages to never be sent off.
                        8. That goalie on the team across town with pogo sticks for legs and who gets a lot of highlight reel saves, even if he always punts the ball back to the other team.
                        9. That center attacking mid for that team in the valley, who can dribble like a Harlem Globetrotter and has a cannon for a foot, but has never once passed the ball in his entire career.
                        10. That big striker for the club out in the suburbs who looks like Erling Haaland against most of the local club competition, but gets shut down if he ever faces a competent back line.
                        11. The centerback who totally owns the big striker for the club out in the suburbs who looks like Erling Haaland against everyone else.

Who ya got?
                        Who pays the most for private training? That player is the best according to the coaches

Comment

Who pays the most for private training? That player is the best according to the coaches
                          Haha amazing- just need lemmings to keep the sham going- your kid is the best thing since sliced bread until your last year eligible for club soccer then unless you are in their pockets there is “something” the player needs to improve on if they are not o e if the cash cows

Comment

Nice attempt at turning it into something dark- game film is out there, do t have to “stalk” anyone/any team. We all watch film (parents and coaches), It’s how everyone makes sense of the politics and parent rhetoric absent the relationship . He is not a best XI and actually really surprised AB was as he was not their best forward that weekend and did not even play the last game as far as I could tell? Only guess I have is they were among the few registered with that service.
                            Someone doesn't like Sherwood HS apparently.

Comment

omg get a life - no sane parent is spending hours watching film for a team their kid ain’t on - and then coming on here and bashing those kids from the team their son ain’t on - seriously w t f

Comment

Not at all clear what you all are talking about (or even why) but it is clear you have an axe to grind with that team and kids in particula​​​​r. What could make a so-called adult feel and act this way? It is my experience that jealousy usually is the root cause for bad behavior. Anonymity makes you feel empowered to put down kids. Get hsome frigging help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X