Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Old 07-11-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looks like FC and Westside were too afraid to play in the Super Group
You can submit to play in whatever bracket you want, but this is not clash of the border- this tournament(like surf) places teams in “appropriate” brackets based on the number of entrants and there will be a DA bracket I am sure so nice try at taking a cheap shot as it missed by a mile, time for you to get a clue
Old 07-11-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
You can submit to play in whatever bracket you want, but this is not clash of the border- this tournament(like surf) places teams in “appropriate” brackets based on the number of entrants and there will be a DA bracket I am sure so nice try at taking a cheap shot as it missed by a mile, time for you to get a clue
The brackets are set...”get a clue” look at the link...FC and Westside are in the Gold Bracket and United PDX are in the Super...doesn’t look like there is a DA only bracket....guess I need to get a clue 😂....🦗
Old 07-11-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
The brackets are set...”get a clue” look at the link...FC and Westside are in the Gold Bracket and United PDX are in the Super...doesn’t look like there is a DA only bracket....guess I need to get a clue 😂....🦗
You are probably a little slow so let me clarify...click on the link then press the HOME (top left)link then all the age groups pop up...then click on Standings(not schedule)for each group to see the teams...noob
Old 07-11-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Since this tournament is in the DA offseason, there's no need for a separate DA bracket (though they had one last year IIRC).

Looking at the competition--UPDX may have issues in the Super bracket, unless they imported a LOT of talent from TA. I don't know who is on their roster, but several of the top Seattle A teams are there.

There are at least a few teams in the Gold bracket that WT and FC should have little trouble with (and a few of which were playing in things like NWCL, Clash, and Beaverton Cup last year). NSC Montana will be there--if Nic owes any of you money, here's your chance. Crossfire Premier's B team isn't very strong; Idaho Sting and NSC are both strong-pace, weak-touch teams that DA squads should be able to handle. Am assuming that PacNW Maroon and San Diego Surf NPL are both B teams (or worse); neither club's A team would have any business smurfing in this bracket.

As to how teams got picked for which brackets--not sure if that was a coach's decision, or the TD's decision.
Old 07-11-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Looks like a good turnout. I wish that all local DA clubs would participate.
Why? We play each other enough as it is.
Old 07-12-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Nice cricket- but you still do not get it. Tournament director decides who is in what bracket and yes coaches can request but that is all it is a request.....
Old 07-12-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Why? We play each other enough as it is.
Not to play each other but to take advantage of playing in a non-DA event. Kids love the summer tournaments and that is one shortcoming of the DA.
Old 07-12-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Nice cricket- but you still do not get it. Tournament director decides who is in what bracket and yes coaches can request but that is all it is a request.....
My point exactly the coach requested the Gold/Super Bracket...I highly doubt the TD was like hmm United PDX(BSC) finished in the middle of the OR DA let’s put them in Super
Old 07-12-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
My point exactly the coach requested the Gold/Super Bracket...I highly doubt the TD was like hmm United PDX(BSC) finished in the middle of the OR DA let’s put them in Super
United pdx is now a combo (neu and bsc) team that also added TA MEMBERS (rumor has it the slytherins) and an ex FC Portland coach running the program with connections in Seattle so yes they took that into account as well as the fact that FC lost several kids to united and TA. So once again, get up to speed and stfu
Old 07-12-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
United pdx is now a combo (neu and bsc) team that also added TA MEMBERS (rumor has it the slytherins) and an ex FC Portland coach running the program with connections in Seattle so yes they took that into account as well as the fact that FC lost several kids to united and TA. So once again, get up to speed and stfu
Cool story bro