Updates on FL. teams at CASL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tell me that you GALS are not in lower brackets and bragging about records?

Comment

Congrats to ALL the Florida teams. Doing well in all brackets. Great way to represent FL and show how tough the competition is here! Finish strong

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Please tell me that you GALS are not in lower brackets and bragging about records?
        Nope....FKK U15s top bracket....u18s National League

Comment

Who cares what bracket? Someone just asked what the records are thee are the responses. It's a good tournament we don't all have to sit around measuring the size of our dicks

Comment

u 16 girls west pines and florida rush are also 2-0 in group play
            Umm, I think West Pines is 1-0-1, in the 8th division? Really? And Rush paying 9th division? I know it's fun for these girls to go to NC and win some games, but that's really all it is. Fun, that is. So props for that.

Comment

Serious question because I am not familiar with this tournament. How are the divisions ranked? No snark please I just want a straight answer. Thanks

Comment

Serious question because I am not familiar with this tournament. How are the divisions ranked? No snark please I just want a straight answer. Thanks
                The only groups that are ranked are the National League groupings and they are ranked and seeded otherwise each team is placed in a group bracket and all efforts are made to have teams from different parts of the country compete against one another. It would be impossible to seed all the teams. Hope this helps but in the future don't come to TS if you don't want snarky, rude, stupid remarks made about your posts. It is what it is I suppose so you just grin and bear it sometimes.

Comment

The only groups that are ranked are the National League groupings and they are ranked and seeded otherwise each team is placed in a group bracket and all efforts are made to have teams from different parts of the country compete against one another. It would be impossible to seed all the teams. Hope this helps but in the future don't come to TS if you don't want snarky, rude, stupid remarks made about your posts. It is what it is I suppose so you just grin and bear it sometimes.
                  none of the teams in our group were even from the same state. and it seems most teams matched up well with others in their respective group. In ours the highest points awarded was 5. scores were low, competition was great. lots of coaches came. and if you asked coaches to come, they likely did. very cold for the girls though, at least for those who had the early morning games.

Comment

There are different divisions, but not like previous poster said.

The divisions are divided by NL, Elite, Premier, United, and Copa in that same order. The absolute top teams are in NL. The next group is Elite, etc.

The previous poster thinks the colors mean something, but they are just a way to tell the difference between the different groups within the same division. Same as Disney or other major showcases.

Comment

The divisions are divided by NL, Elite, Premier, United, and Copa in that same order. The absolute top teams are in NL. The next group is Elite, etc.

The previous poster thinks the colors mean something, but they are just a way to tell the difference between the different groups within the same division. Same as Disney or other major showcases.
                      Interesting you say that because we had the number 1 and 2 team from their respective States in the tournament rankings and each were in the top 10 in the Got Soccer rankings so I'm not sure where you saw that stated in the tournament rules. We were in the United grouping so not sure if it was a mistake but regardless it was a great tournament for the girls.

Comment

The tournament rankings are based on what a team inputs into the system - the Soccer in College system. Many team do not input their losses, so the rankings are quite skewed.

Also, a number one in their state from Mississippi or Indiana is quite different than a number one from Florida, Georgia or North Texas.

For example, using Got Soccer ratings, the number one team at U16 from Indiana is FC Pride 99 Elite is number 220 in the country. The number one team at U16 from Mississippi is Gulf Coast United GCUFC 99 Girls is number 364. The number one team at U16 from Florida is JFC Storm 98/99 and they are number 1 in the country. In Soccer in College, these same teams are ranked
                        IN - 1st in Florida, number 93 in the country.
                        MS - 2nd in Florida, number 169 in the country.
                        FL - 1st in Florida; 2nd in country (the team that is ranked no.1 has five games entered as results - the most recent 4/19/14 a 1-0 win over JFC - with four June 2013 scores being the remaining scores.)

Comment

The tournament rankings are based on what a team inputs into the system - the Soccer in College system. Many team do not input their losses, so the rankings are quite skewed.

Also, a number one in their state from Mississippi or Indiana is quite different than a number one from Florida, Georgia or North Texas.

For example, using Got Soccer ratings, the number one team at U16 from Indiana is FC Pride 99 Elite is number 220 in the country. The number one team at U16 from Mississippi is Gulf Coast United GCUFC 99 Girls is number 364. The number one team at U16 from Florida is JFC Storm 98/99 and they are number 1 in the country. In Soccer in College, these same teams are ranked
                          IN - 1st in Indiana, number 93 in the country.
                          MS - 2nd in Mississippi, number 169 in the country.
                          FL - 1st in Florida; 2nd in country (the team that is ranked no.1 has five games entered as results - the most recent 4/19/14 a 1-0 win over JFC - with four June 2013 scores being the remaining scores.)
                          corrections made....that's what happens when you use copy and paste!

Comment

IN - 1st in Florida, number 93 in the country.
                            MS - 2nd in Florida, number 169 in the country.
                            then i guess give those teams credit that know how to work the system. our club obviously didn't. nearly our entire season is missing from our games. worse is that the teams that we did beat did not list our games as losses for them. they conveniently left them out so games didn't count whatsoever toward placement.

Comment

then i guess give those teams credit that know how to work the system. our club obviously didn't. nearly our entire season is missing from our games. worse is that the teams that we did beat did not list our games as losses for them. they conveniently left them out so games didn't count whatsoever toward placement.
                              TBU U-17G elite did that from the most recent tournament in October. So the question I have is... Is got soccer any better predictor for ranking purposes?

Comment

Thanks.

It's interesting that FL has great soccer but overall it was a very erratic showcase for them. Are other states' teams that much better or did CASL just do a great job matching skill levels and making close matches for the most part?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X