Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm getting bombarded with ID camps requests !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree with you but what I'm saying is, those things wont likely be noticed by a coach who isnt there specifically to watch that kid. This is why it is important to contact coaches so they will come to specifically watch you. It just isnt physically possible to look for those attributes in every player at the tournament or even on one field.
    Not sure why you came back on this. You offered nothing but your opinion and then attempt to back it up with more opinion. A coach can see touch, they can see sound side on defending, they can see pressure, cover, balance, they can see a player making a run, they can hear them talking and calling for the ball. My kid has been several of these clinics the best coaches set them up to see what players can do. It's naive to say it's "only" based on speed. Here's my logic, to specifically refute your opinion, my daughter got noticed at three different camps for different things. One for her "fiesty play and competitive play" one for defending well, and one for hustling back, winning 50/50 balls, and striking with her left foot (coaches asked her if she was left footed, when she said no, they said "you clearly practiced a lot"). She is committed and had spots at four colleges two of the relationships started from clinics.

Comment

When is the right age to take your kid to these camps or combines ? Is 15 too soon or do we wait until he's a junior ?
      You should start going to id camps as a freshman and start getting used to the environment of what goes on. Some of these Id camps are expensive but there are a lot that are less than $100. Its not a big deal. Review each one of them and go to the ones you think will be beneficial. As your kid gets older you can be more selective and make the appropriate contacts before you pick which one to go to.

Comment

Not sure why you came back on this. You offered nothing but your opinion and then attempt to back it up with more opinion. A coach can see touch, they can see sound side on defending, they can see pressure, cover, balance, they can see a player making a run, they can hear them talking and calling for the ball. My kid has been several of these clinics the best coaches set them up to see what players can do. It's naive to say it's "only" based on speed. Here's my logic, to specifically refute your opinion, my daughter got noticed at three different camps for different things. One for her "fiesty play and competitive play" one for defending well, and one for hustling back, winning 50/50 balls, and striking with her left foot (coaches asked her if she was left footed, when she said no, they said "you clearly practiced a lot"). She is committed and had spots at four colleges two of the relationships started from clinics.

Since you are well experienced, my advise or point of view is obviously not directed solely at you. And you are apparently missing the point, which is basically communicate with coaches first. Not all camp situations are ideal so it is foolish to leave it to chance.

In our experience at camps, we say a variety of approaches. In a couple, the coaches that mattered stayed pretty much with one smaller group and the rest of the participants worked with current college players or assistants from lesser programs. In that scenario, if you were not in the chosen group you would not get noticed unless they saw from a distance that you had stand out speed. They wouldnt notice those other attributes you mention, as important as they are. Our kid was on both sides of that situation and received offers when on the good side and completely ignored when on the other side.

We saw other camp situations where various coaches worked hard at getting around to all players and paying attention. That is ideal but was far more rare. Even then, it would be more advantageous if you had contact prior to the camp.

I'll give another example. My kid's team goes to a showcase and players have emailed coaches and they show up and they never hear a word. Yet the coach will get a call asking who number whatever was. Why? Because they saw that kid run. That is about all that kid can do but that is what got their attention. Unfortunately, many coaches are still wrapped up in raw athletic ability thinking they can teach them the rest.

So yes, it is important to be a well rounded player and eventually that is what will get a kid a spot on a college team. But if you want all of those skills to be noticed, it is far wiser to communicate ahead of time rather than leave it to chance.

Comment

I agree with this ....

Now, which are those camps that are worth going to. Nobody has mentioned the good ones or the ones to avoid ?

Comment

I agree with this ....

Now, which are those camps that are worth going to. Nobody has mentioned the good ones or the ones to avoid ?
            for girls, avoid the Oasis clinic hosted by Flagler up near St. Augustine. a total money maker, put on by their own staff w/players really doing most of the coaching. Attended an Exact clinic in Auburndale, much more professionally run. cost was higher but compared to the Oasis clinic where the cost was cheap, you got cheap, with exact you pay more, you get more.

Comment

What about the winter combine at IMG in December....it's only $100 but for 3 hrs, same day camp. Anybody ever went to that ?

Comment

What about the winter combine at IMG in December....it's only $100 but for 3 hrs, same day camp. Anybody ever went to that ?
                My son is going to the one day camp at IMG. This is a TopSoccer one . We paid $125 but it is a all day camp. Not sure if will be any good. First time going.

Comment

My son is going to the one day camp at IMG. This is a TopSoccer one . We paid $125 but it is a all day camp. Not sure if will be any good. First time going.
                  I'm not sure if this is the same camp but they're advertising lots of coaches at the one I'm referring to. For $100 it's worth a shot....http://www.collegecombine.com/

Comment

I agree with this ....

Florida's two day camp in the Spring is great. They do a personality evaluation, small groups setting, about 40 girls and lots of interaction with the head coach, assistants and players.

Comment

Simple ass.clown. I'D camps allow coaches to talk to freshmen and sophomore girls. Not sure why this is? 5-3 it is not important to your daughter's scholarship. Go ahead and start your search her junior year. What a moron!!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X