Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love our club and really appreciate HS soccer!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Love HS soccer more than club. Son plays for Wiregrass Ranch. They are lilttered w/ R3PL, NPL and former (by choice) DA players from 10-12 different clubs. They play great possession soccer and the boys love playing for their school. Coach lets them play and stays out of the way!! Good balance. Should be an exciting season for the boys. They are loaded (and young, too) Who cares about scholarships, etc? As stated earlier, it's about the memories and friendships they develop along the way that counts.
    Sorry, have no idea where that is? However, have a great season!

Comment

Sorry, have no idea where that is? However, have a great season!
      Wiregrass = sawgrass = by Sunrise

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, my son took the ACT, and the essay question was: You have an important high school soccer game, and its important to win. Do you only let the best players play?

This question was surprising, but he was thrilled. And his answer was surprising: No, it's important to play everyone, so that everyone works harder for each other, and the team keeps going and supporting the new members long after you're gone. <- obviously not his exact words, but same sentiment. I have to say for all the years in travel and school soccer, I have never been more proud! He is a better person than I am (lol).

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, my son took the ACT, and the essay question was: You have an important high school soccer game, and its important to win. Do you only let the best players play?

This question was surprising, but he was thrilled. And his answer was surprising: No, it's important to play everyone, so that everyone works harder for each other, and the team keeps going and supporting the new members long after you're gone. <- obviously not his exact words, but same sentiment. I have to say for all the years in travel and school soccer, I have never been more proud! He is a better person than I am (lol).
          My kid had same essay and was surprised wrote to keep best players in to win. Where did learn?

Comment

My kid had same essay and was surprised wrote to keep best players in to win. Where did learn?
            Its all good! And the HS team would most likely win? I guess its more of a learning experience to maybe get some insight into our kids?

Comment

What 10-12 different clubs nearby? Sounds like a lot of hot air!

Comment

Wiregrass is in north Tampa / Wesley Chapel area

Comment

DA is waste of time you will never go Pro, they sell you a dream and crazy parents buy it!
                  none of the academies in FL have any realgreat training less than 1% of the kids come from those academies and go pro, why they still exist?
                  get a very good SAT and you have a better chance of getting a scholarship
                  How about this Mr. SAT - DA is free. Can you crunch the numbers on what you pay your club in dues, monthly fees, team travel and uniforms verses FREE? Thought so.....next?

Comment

No doubt, we lover our club (parents, players, etc.), but HS is just about a quick intense season, and the goal is to win! We appreciate the differences and feel fortunate that we have the best of both!
                    Here is the truth. H'S is for purely social reasons. You have 4-6 quality club players from Rush, Fkk, OC and and 4-6 small club players located near the high school. You have a 4-6 girls who play on the bench or when the team is up by 3 goals. Now those 4-6 quality players get tired of feeding the ball to the lower skilled players so they start doing very long runs or only pass to their fellow club players. Before you know it the game breaks down to a few show boats and the rest of the team standing around like spectators. Finally the team goes to play - offs and gets trounced by a team that actually knows how to distribute the ball. Seen it a hundred times.

Comment

How about this Mr. SAT - DA is free. Can you crunch the numbers on what you pay your club in dues, monthly fees, team travel and uniforms verses FREE? Thought so.....next?
                      only OC is free

Comment

Weston, Kendall and IMG are certainly not free.

Comment

Sorry, but that's just wrong. HS soccer is better than DA in so many ways. Would you rather play in front of your fat parents in lawn chairs or the girl you are crushing on in chemistry? Would you rather play for your local school or some sterile soccer club? Would you rather play to win or play for some grand idea of development, that means nothing in the big picture of life?

None of these kids will be going pro or playing any where meaningfull after HS, so let them play HS, make memories and forget about the over-hyped DA koolaid drinkers.
                          Fat dad eating his turkey leg passes gas in your general direction for wanting your child to play for fun and not pay to play so his skinny as a twig kid can wear an expensive jersey which looks great in the family office.

Comment

Here is the truth. H'S is for purely social reasons. You have 4-6 quality club players from Rush, Fkk, OC and and 4-6 small club players located near the high school. You have a 4-6 girls who play on the bench or when the team is up by 3 goals. Now those 4-6 quality players get tired of feeding the ball to the lower skilled players so they start doing very long runs or only pass to their fellow club players. Before you know it the game breaks down to a few show boats and the rest of the team standing around like spectators. Finally the team goes to play - offs and gets trounced by a team that actually knows how to distribute the ball. Seen it a hundred times.
                            Sorry that you see the world this way; hence, as your daughter does too. Perhaps, the outcome might finish differently if the blinders were taken off, and the egos were parked at the gate!?

I think what you may have seen a 100x's is called, "T-E-A-M~W-O-R-K," as in team effort as in 11 players working as 1?

Comment

Sorry that you see the world this way; hence, as your daughter does too. Perhaps, the outcome might finish differently if the blinders were taken off, and the egos were parked at the gate!?

I think what you may have seen a 100x's is called, "T-E-A-M~W-O-R-K," as in team effort as in 11 players working as 1?
                              What HS does your kid play for? In the world of girl's sports, there are haves and have nots. Parents that can afford to put their kid in the premier club system in soccer, softball, basketball or soccer have much better developed players showing up for tryouts. Those that are playing local club or rec, look ridiculous out there. They don' t belong on the same field and they know it. So you get club kids playing to each other and trying to avoid less skilled players. It is painful to watch. Girls standing there waiting for someone to pass them the ball. Girls shooting from way outside the 18 and one - hopping it to the goalie or shooting three feet over the cross bar. Now you might experience different play at private schools like Lake Highland or Bishop Moore, however, those teams are now losing ECNL players so it is a matter.of time until the rec girls start filling those rosters.

Comment

Weston, Kendall and IMG are certainly not free.
                                I've been paying 5000+/yr. all told in Weston DA, certainly not free and they just keep losing or tying games being at the bottom of a mediocre set of teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X