X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Strikers!

Hey rowdies fans:
    Are you excited about playing for the final playoff position this Saturday??

Oh right, you aren't in position for the playoffs. See you next year!

Strikers Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hey rowdies fans:
      Are you excited about playing for the final playoff position this Saturday??

Oh right, you aren't in position for the playoffs. See you next year!

Strikers Rule!
      Hilarious coming from the team that MIGHT make the play-offs this year for the first time in eons. By the way, when was your last championship? <crickets> That's what I thought. Ours was 2 years ago. Don't come back until you win a title.

Comment

Hilarious coming from the team that MIGHT make the play-offs this year for the first time in eons. By the way, when was your last championship? <crickets> That's what I thought. Ours was 2 years ago. Don't come back until you win a title.
        A 2-point lead with the tie-breaker in hand going into the last game sounds more like a SHOULD to me. And 3 years ago is hardly eons but when your team sucks this year I guess you have to exaggerate.

"Ours was 2 years ago". - True That!

Comment

Ra ra

Comment

Exciting final game but team was not good this year. No enthusiasm and weak skills. Lazy play. New owner Bill Edwards needs a new coach.

Comment

Go Strikers!

OK, last one. Strikers tie Ottawa and secure 4th playoff spot. We have to go to Minnesota which will be really tough. They absolutely destroyed us in FtL early in the year.

Lockhart has been more fun the last 2 weeks than it has since the 70's.

Look forward to new ownerships for both teams pumping money into marketing and facilities and keeping the rivalry going!

Comment

Exciting final game but team was not good this year. No enthusiasm and weak skills. Lazy play. New owner Bill Edwards needs a new coach.
                Agreed - new coach and some roster changes. Get rid of coach's son - too slow and lumbering, not very creative.

Make Amani Walker one of the starting XI. Guy has energy, plays with flair and can score. He hit the back of the net to tie the game on Saturday. He dang near bagged a few others. No idea why he doesn't play more, but he should cuz he's better than those seeing more time than him.

Comment

As a season ticket holder x3, I have to say I am really disappointed in the approach taken by the Rowdies.
                  They have refused to sign trials who are younger and better in practice than anyone on the roster, but have made it clear they will overpay for has-Been's who may sell a ticket on name recognition.
                  While it may help in the short term with faster growth, it is a plan that will fail in the long term. They should balance youth and known names to make sure they have a strong core. I'm done buying jerseys and having my kid get excited by players who don't stick.
                  I saw a Jamaican 19 year old own their whole team recently at practice, but they didn't want to Sign him because no-one knew him.
                  They also named Shane as the key, core player of their team...the same Shane who is lazy and our of position most of the time. Nice touch if he had the motor and desire, but he doesn't. Nepotism at its finest.

Comment

As a season ticket holder x3, I have to say I am really disappointed in the approach taken by the Rowdies.
                    They have refused to sign trials who are younger and better in practice than anyone on the roster, but have made it clear they will overpay for has-Been's who may sell a ticket on name recognition.
                    While it may help in the short term with faster growth, it is a plan that will fail in the long term. They should balance youth and known names to make sure they have a strong core. I'm done buying jerseys and having my kid get excited by players who don't stick.
                    I saw a Jamaican 19 year old own their whole team recently at practice, but they didn't want to Sign him because no-one knew him.
                    They also named Shane as the key, core player of their team...the same Shane who is lazy and our of position most of the time. Nice touch if he had the motor and desire, but he doesn't. Nepotism at its finest.
                    Real simple: "Coach, if you intend to resign/play your son, it will be at another Club." PERIOD.

Comment

Real simple: "Coach, if you intend to resign/play your son, it will be at another Club." PERIOD.
                      I was on this bandwagon earlier this year. But to be honest when he was out of the team during multiple games at the end of the season they didn't look much better.

I think the play of the rest of the league has gotten much better but the Rowdies have not progressed much.

Comment

New President for Rowdies

http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/de...x#.VGzt3ck0-Gw

Comment

Rowdies dismiss coach Ricky Hill

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/socce...ent-gm/2206949

Comment

Good news!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X