Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How quickly you forget Tampa had a MLS team and lost it. Tampa Bay Mutiny ring a bell??
    Mutiny were destined to fail playing at Raymond James. No owner wanted to come in and operate under the crappy deal there. Stadium too big. No parking or concession money. They had 10000 plus attendance for a few years which was not far off of the rest of the MLS.

Comment

Mutiny

I heard at that time there were discussion with the Glazers to buy the team but of course never happened. Then Glazers end up acquiring Man U. You would think there would have been a lot of marketing/promotional/player development opportunities in owning Man U and an MLS franchise (Manchester USA?).

Promising news regarding Rowdies and stadium.

Mutiny were destined to fail playing at Raymond James. No owner wanted to come in and operate under the crappy deal there. Stadium too big. No parking or concession money. They had 10000 plus attendance for a few years which was not far off of the rest of the MLS.

Comment

I heard at that time there were discussion with the Glazers to buy the team but of course never happened. Then Glazers end up acquiring Man U. You would think there would have been a lot of marketing/promotional/player development opportunities in owning Man U and an MLS franchise (Manchester USA?).

Promising news regarding Rowdies and stadium.
        I'm with you about the Glazers missing the boat BIG TIME. They would have been years ahead of other clubs by now. Look what Man City is doing with next year's new team, New York City FC. Same concept...

Comment

The Rowdies have new ownership and are now based in downtown St Pete which probably has the best downtown scene in the entire area. Any chance they will grow and turn into a big deal, maybe even MLS? Seems like there a lot of soccer people in this area. Will they support a local pro team? Will the city of St Pete help build a new stadium? Seems like towns who have pro soccer also have a great lifestyle ie Portland, Seattle, Denver, DC ,New York ,Kansa City, Montreal,Toronto... etc.Is Tampa Bay young and affluent enough to have a soccer team?
          Strikers sold last week too. New Brazilian owners seem committed to Ft Laud and with new Schlitterbahn (sic?) water park being built next door there seems to be momentum for a re-built Lockhart. Now that Traffic Sports is out of the ownership maybe they will do some actual marketing.

Glad to hear the rivalry will continue!

Comment

sweet :-D

Comment

I'm a rowdies season ticket holder and former Mutiny season ticket holder. I'm just disgusted with the current product the rowdies have on the field. They can't pass or receive, they are slow compared to the competition. when they do manage to score its a messy confusing 50/50 ball in the box or a PK. They dive. While Bill Edwards is on the right track with the stadium the team is just crap right now and not fun to watch. They don't have anyone who can dribble at speed and take on a defender 1v1. No one. Forwards with speed on the other teams can blow by the rowdies D and score.

Comment

I'm a rowdies season ticket holder and former Mutiny season ticket holder. I'm just disgusted with the current product the rowdies have on the field. They can't pass or receive, they are slow compared to the competition. when they do manage to score its a messy confusing 50/50 ball in the box or a PK. They dive. While Bill Edwards is on the right track with the stadium the team is just crap right now and not fun to watch. They don't have anyone who can dribble at speed and take on a defender 1v1. No one. Forwards with speed on the other teams can blow by the rowdies D and score.
                Time for a new coach and direction in training. A lot of talented players on roster but they are not working well together. They were better offensively last year with a much smaller squad

Comment

Save yourself some money and go to USF games. USF is half the cost and kids get in free. Pretty much the same level soccer and USF usually has 1 or 2 players that get drafted into the MLS.

Comment

How bout that comeback Wed night!! There's a new team in playoff position (hint-it's not the rowdies).

Go Strikers!!!

Comment

International gk on the bench with d3 gk starting. Very Puzzling! We deserve to lose and will continue our losing ways with current gk.

Comment

I'd like to see them make it. New owner needs a new coach I'd say. It's a hot mess. Like the bucs and the Rays. I can't believe the entire team is bad. I blame the coach at this point.

Comment

I would have to agree that Ricky Hill is the problem. He has been the coach for the past few seasons and the team is going nowhere. They play way too much English kick and chase. They have the talent just bad coaching

Comment

How about some local talent. Get some locals on
                            The team and generate more support.
                            You would think there were some good
                            Locals?! Do they have a development
                            Process?

Comment

there are several locals on the team. The Rowdies are playing very bad soccer right now and appear to need both some better players in some key positions ( especially faster forwards with ball handling skills), and its time for a new coaching direction. Hill has been fine but he's clearly heading down. I've been going for a few yrs now and this is the worst they have looked but they have a new owner with deep pockets so hopefully we will see some big changes. John Hackworth is still available and he's from Dunedin? Bill????

Comment

there are several locals on the team. The Rowdies are playing very bad soccer right now and appear to need both some better players in some key positions ( especially faster forwards with ball handling skills), and its time for a new coaching direction. Hill has been fine but he's clearly heading down. I've been going for a few yrs now and this is the worst they have looked but they have a new owner with deep pockets so hopefully we will see some big changes. John Hackworth is still available and he's from Dunedin? Bill????
                                I agree. Time for a change. RH can go and take his son with him!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X