Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OC going to playoffs CLWR isn't That is why. Playoffs are mid June.
    I would expect oc to carry about 6-8 00s next year like most teams will including Clearwater. I checked roster and oc is carrying over 10 99s this year in a 98 year. Maybe they are just weaker at 98. I'm not sure if you commit to Clearwater and get offered a spot at OC a month later if you can change. A chance you might have to take it if offered the spot.

Comment

I would expect oc to carry about 6-8 00s next year like most teams will including Clearwater. I checked roster and oc is carrying over 10 99s this year in a 98 year. Maybe they are just weaker at 98. I'm not sure if you commit to Clearwater and get offered a spot at OC a month later if you can change. A chance you might have to take it if offered the spot.
      DA is DA. You are playing against the same teams and going to all the same showcases. Some teams win more than others but who the hell cares. College coaches don't ask for your win/loss record. If you got accepted by both and live in CLWR why drive 2 hrs on I-4 to come to OC. Same thing if you live in Orlando. I am pretty sure that if you got accepted by both you will be OK in your soccer life. Make your life easy as it already is stressful enough.

Comment

LMAO....good luck watching you team flee. You have 1 very talented 01....props to him. The balance of the other "TBU" 01's are good players...but don't get carried away....they are no different than the talented 01's at CC or across the state. The really good news...is that it is a new season...boys (from all area) get to work hard and continue developing....and they get to prove it on the field.

Your point blank predictions, ( before the teams are even set ) prove how little you know about this game.

You must play a lot of xbox....
        All I'm saying is that you don't have the best 01's in the area. They reside at TBU,WFF, and some sprinkled around at other clubs. If you not me want to keep pretending than go ahead. I am not saying the kids will not develop or have a bad experience. Just saying they will not be very strong next year.

Comment

3 Weston U14 USDA players and 1 IMG USDA player have been called into the U14 National Team Camp...Congrats

Comment

All I'm saying is that you don't have the best 01's in the area. They reside at TBU,WFF, and some sprinkled around at other clubs. If you not me want to keep pretending than go ahead. I am not saying the kids will not develop or have a bad experience. Just saying they will not be very strong next year.
            Opinions are fine...especially in a place like this. My thoughts would be that wff would have the lowest of 01 talent (of the 3 clubs you mentioned). But I will wait to see what they look like next year.

Comment

Opinions are fine...especially in a place like this. My thoughts would be that wff would have the lowest of 01 talent (of the 3 clubs you mentioned). But I will wait to see what they look like next year.
              It's a funny age group. 1st of all they should only have one academy for the area. Having 2 right down the street makes no sense. At the U-14 age group the TBU kids stay there. The WFF kids stay there( they have lost a couple over the years to TBU). The Clearwater kids stay there(They are the weakest of the group). The Celtic kids stay together and the Ranger kids stay together(they are the other 2 decent teams in this age group). So at the end of the day rather than have 1 or 2 great teams it is watered down a bit. The crazy thing is that all of those teams I mentioned are competitive on their own.

Comment

It's a funny age group. 1st of all they should only have one academy for the area. Having 2 right down the street makes no sense. At the U-14 age group the TBU kids stay there. The WFF kids stay there( they have lost a couple over the years to TBU). The Clearwater kids stay there(They are the weakest of the group). The Celtic kids stay together and the Ranger kids stay together(they are the other 2 decent teams in this age group). So at the end of the day rather than have 1 or 2 great teams it is watered down a bit. The crazy thing is that all of those teams I mentioned are competitive on their own.
                Just totally disagree with your outlook & assessment of talent - but this is America...you are entitled to be wrong :).

Looking forward to next season.

Comment

Just totally disagree with your outlook & assessment of talent - but this is America...you are entitled to be wrong :).

Looking forward to next season.
                  You can disagree all you want but here are the facts. TBU are defending State Cup champs. They and WFF are both in the final 4 this year. The Rangers made it to the final 16 before being disqualified on a technicality. The Celtic tied TBU and the Rush who are in the final 4. Clearwater has done nothing. That's a lot of talent spread out among 5 teams in a small area. Unfortunetely Clearwater is on the short side of the stick in this age group.

Comment

3 Weston U14 USDA players and 1 IMG USDA player have been called into the U14 National Team Camp...Congrats
                    Where is the list for these call ups?

Comment

Where is the list for these call ups?
                      Soccer america has it

Comment

Soccer america has it
                        http://www.socceramerica.com/article...o-croatia.html

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

You can disagree all you want but here are the facts. TBU are defending State Cup champs. They and WFF are both in the final 4 this year. The Rangers made it to the final 16 before being disqualified on a technicality. The Celtic tied TBU and the Rush who are in the final 4. Clearwater has done nothing. That's a lot of talent spread out among 5 teams in a small area. Unfortunetely Clearwater is on the short side of the stick in this age group.
                            Your basing everything on State cup? how goofy is that....does not take into account the strength of draw. Heck a broken clock is correct twice per day. CC top team did fine against wff all year in NPL.

Can't wait to face them on the field next year

Comment

DA is DA. You are playing against the same teams and going to all the same showcases. Some teams win more than others but who the hell cares. College coaches don't ask for your win/loss record. If you got accepted by both and live in CLWR why drive 2 hrs on I-4 to come to OC. Same thing if you live in Orlando. I am pretty sure that if you got accepted by both you will be OK in your soccer life. Make your life easy as it already is stressful enough.
                              In all fairness DA is not DA. OC is an MLS DA. It is considered a top Academy and an MLS academy. It holds more weight. Everyone knows it is tougher to make that team. The every day training will be against better players. And honestly the coaching is better too. Also it is free at OC. At CLW it is a money grab like every other club team.

Comment

In all fairness DA is not DA. OC is an MLS DA. It is considered a top Academy and an MLS academy. It holds more weight. Everyone knows it is tougher to make that team. The every day training will be against better players. And honestly the coaching is better too. Also it is free at OC. At CLW it is a money grab like every other club team.
                                It's easy then....you should go (or try to be part of) OC DA.

All that hot air....and the solution was right there in front of us the whole time. Bottom line, as is the case in all soccer or life decisions....do what is in the best interest of your kids and family. It is just not a "one size fits all".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X