Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US National Team and US Soccer in the toilet....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US National Team and US Soccer in the toilet....

After the defeat to Ireland its necessary not to blame the coach as idiots do but to look at yourselves for a change.

No one's going to like reading this but US soccer sucks and the majority of coaches in this rec. sport will never produced a player of world quality. What a mystery you all try to blame the national coach but when he has this sh1te to choose from, go figure the result.

Blame lies at youth level and you cant fix that. Parents clueless of the game, coaches interested in cash, clubs trying to hang on to their little piece of the pie. You can go on and on and on but facts are facts.

US Soccer is beyond repair................

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    After the defeat to Ireland its necessary not to blame the coach as idiots do but to look at yourselves for a change.

No one's going to like reading this but US soccer sucks and the majority of coaches in this rec. sport will never produced a player of world quality. What a mystery you all try to blame the national coach but when he has this sh1te to choose from, go figure the result.

Blame lies at youth level and you cant fix that. Parents clueless of the game, coaches interested in cash, clubs trying to hang on to their little piece of the pie. You can go on and on and on but facts are facts.

...yet Klinnsman took the job. What a lowlife he is, huh? He must be just as brilliant as you and realize his team will always be poor so the only conclusion is that he took the job solely for the money because success is completely out of the picture.

Comment

And your point? Are you offering up any solutions or are you content to piss and moan? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Comment

And your point? Are you offering up any solutions or are you content to piss and moan? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
        its just a slam on the US in general. i'm sure they'd have a hard time congratulating the US on any successes.

Comment

It could be worse, you could be a Mexican and support a garbage soccer team and nation like Mexico.

Comment

thats why we have ODP you know!! lets just blame OBAMA.

Comment

The cost of youth soccer has eliminated some of the best prospect during the early development years. We are doomed unless we fix this madness. We need a shift in the mindset and I am not sure it is the DA program. Soccer is a highly skilled sport that needs to get players involved early without the barrier of "Money!"

Comment

the madness...too many leagues, ode's and tournaments

Its crazy and makes no sense much like our govt. fragmented and everyone out for themselves. The country is huge and its a mess. USL has ODP, FYSA has ODP, US Club has ODP. stupid. why can't these guys fix the system, become a tiered structure, take your role and be good at it.

let rec be rec, let development happen, push best players over to one odp, graduate from odp to us academy and feed the machine.

Comment

It could be worse, you could be a Mexican and support a garbage soccer team and nation like Mexico.
                  Or an ignorant red neck that blames everyone for his miserable life but himself.

Comment

No one cares about men's soccer and the MNT in the US. Even the MNT coach is trying to make it a German JV team. Women's soccer "wears the pants" in this country! Go US WNT!

Comment

Really? Womens soccer? Nobody cares. Seriously, half of their tickets are given away for free just to get people there. Pro League sucks as well.

Comment

The US womens team is the best in the WORLD.

Currently ranked #1.

They are in good shape. Who cares about mens soccer. They are terrible and the US has not produce a single world class player ever.

The women have Alex Morgan and Sydney "Boom Boom " Leroux.

Comment

The cost of youth soccer has eliminated some of the best prospect during the early development years. We are doomed unless we fix this madness. We need a shift in the mindset and I am not sure it is the DA program. Soccer is a highly skilled sport that needs to get players involved early without the barrier of "Money!"
                          I don't think it's mostly about the money, although the money is a factor. at a young age, the biggest and fastest kids are picked and favored. Things like first touch, vision, and soccer IQ are not even measured or appreciated at most clubs. Any fool can open an FYSA club. Your FYSA coach does not even have to have a license. Daddy coaches are everywhere. This is reality. It's a business, not a serious development system.

Comment

I can come up with 2 reasons we do not excel at the international level.

Reason 1 - Culturally the other sports are more entrenched and the potential financial outcome is far superior in those other sports. If you dont think this keeps some of our best athletes from pursuing soccer, or more importantly the parents, then you are in denial.

Reason 2 - We probably have enough talent to do much better than we do but our selection process seems to be lacking. Just from being around club soccer for a number of years I'm not convinced the guys I see on the field are our best.

Everything else is just drama. If our best athletes were playing we would be stronger despite a crappy system. And we likely dont even need those players if our best were actually the ones getting selected.

Comment

I can come up with 2 reasons we do not excel at the international level.

Reason 1 - Culturally the other sports are more entrenched and the potential financial outcome is far superior in those other sports. If you dont think this keeps some of our best athletes from pursuing soccer, or more importantly the parents, then you are in denial.

Reason 2 - We probably have enough talent to do much better than we do but our selection process seems to be lacking. Just from being around club soccer for a number of years I'm not convinced the guys I see on the field are our best.

Everything else is just drama. If our best athletes were playing we would be stronger despite a crappy system. And we likely dont even need those players if our best were actually the ones getting selected.
                              I agree with your points, especially #1. And I'll add a third that will keep us in the back of the pack for years to come:
                              Jurgen Klinnsman.

We need a charismatic leader that will find ways to bring more children and parents into the sport from a young age, especially inner city kids who go on to become great cornerbacks, wide receivers, and point guards. And someone with a passion to, God forbid, win. Klinnsman has already said that his goal for 2018 is to make the semi-finals. I realize that odds are great for the US to win a WC anytime soon but why would you say something like that? I can only speak for myself and I would not want to play for a coach with that attitude.

I contrast that with the attitude of one of our best players (who I would also consider making a player/manager of the WC team), Jermaine Jones. I am writing from Mass. where the Revolution soccer team has gone 10-1-1 since Jones joined the team. His leadership and energy is palpable. He has brought the team to another level and when asked a convoluted question about what he brings to the team, he simply answered, "All I want to do is win". He has flair and personality and would inject a whole new level of energy into US soccer, something akin to what Tiger Woods did for golf that spurred youngsters everywhere to start playing, and striving to play great.

So far Klinnsman's best solution seems to be telling young players to go to Europe if they want to advance. If that happens, everyone suffers as the MLS would falter, public interest will decrease, and the circular pattern of mediocrity in the US would continue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X