Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The BEST American players play in either the ACC or the PAC 12. Those rosters are full of Americans.
    The BEST foreign players play DII because the schools like to call themselves International Universities. They get a lot of money for these "students".

#1 DI= Notre Dame- 29 players=0 foreign
    #2 DI= Maryland- 27 players= 6 foreign
    #1 DII=Southern New Hampshire- 26 players=9 Foreign
    #2 DII=Carson Newman-29 players=14 Foreign

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!
    Simply not true. The BEST foreign players don't come here to play college soccer they play in their professional leagues unless they are from the Carribean. The Europeans, S Amer, Asians, and Africans all stay home - the BEST do anyway.

Comment

Not being a graduate of either school, I can objectively declare the highest level of men's soccer between Rollins and USF to be at USF.
      He didn't say "between USF and Rollins". He said the "highest level of soccer". That's just plain SILLY.

Comment

Priorities

What's your end game? is the objective to play soccer on the best squad you can, or is it to get the best education you can while playing soccer?

Are you a student-athlete, or an athlete?

Comment

The BEST American players play in either the ACC or the PAC 12. Those rosters are full of Americans.
          The BEST foreign players play DII because the schools like to call themselves International Universities. They get a lot of money for these "students".

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!
          So is it easier for an American to make a D1 roster than a D2 roster because of all the foreign kids playing D2?

Comment

What's your end game? is the objective to play soccer on the best squad you can, or is it to get the best education you can while playing soccer?

for the first couple of years it really doesn't matter if playing is what you want to do, play at the best, highest level school you can... if you are a decent student too, you'll be able to transfer to just about any school you want to and get that degree. Let's face it, while you are playing soccer you are probably not working your hardest at your education, and in those first early years, why sweat the lower level classes?

Comment

For my son it is being a student-athlete. He is playing the game he loves and also maintaining a 4.0 in school. Yes it is a lot of work but I think he understands that his academics will take him a lot further then soccer will. Employers will look at him as a focused determined person and hopefully help him get a job after graduating.

Comment

Look at the age of some of those foreign players. Can be tough for an 18 year old to win a scholarship against a 23 year old.

Comment

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!
                  I did not know that listing the statistics of 4 school out of the hundreds of schools that offer soccer was a good study. In statistics there is something call sample size. Your study has no statistical power and your conclusion is therefore flawed.

Comment

Look at the age of some of those foreign players. Can be tough for an 18 year old to win a scholarship against a 23 year old.
                    So is it easier to get a D1 scholarship than D2 because all the D2 schools use foreign kids?

Comment

So is it easier to get a D1 scholarship than D2 because all the D2 schools use foreign kids?
                      With good grades. ..YES

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1235159]I did not know that listing the stattics of 4 school out of the hundreds that offer soccer was a good study. In statistics there is something call sample size. Your study has no statistical power and your conclusion is therefore flawed.[/QUOTE

Feel free to look up every school and use your data. I took the 2 teams that played for the National Championship. Other colleges will follow in their footsteps. Not to hard to figure that out. Check out UNC, UCLA... same story.
                        For the DII... Check out Lynn University, University of Tampa. .. same story there too.

Many of the foreign players from Europe tried to play pro there as apprentices, but didn't make it, so college coaches come calling.

Comment

For my son it is being a student-athlete. He is playing the game he loves and also maintaining a 4.0 in school. Yes it is a lot of work but I think he understands that his academics will take him a lot further then soccer will. Employers will look at him as a focused determined person and hopefully help him get a job after graduating.
                          ^^^excellent answer and a healthy, well-adjusted outlook. Continued good luck to your son.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1235206]
                            I did not know that listing the stattics of 4 school out of the hundreds that offer soccer was a good study. In statistics there is something call sample size. Your study has no statistical power and your conclusion is therefore flawed.[/QUOTE

Feel free to look up every school and use your data. I took the 2 teams that played for the National Championship. Other colleges will follow in their footsteps. Not to hard to figure that out. Check out UNC, UCLA... same story.
                            For the DII... Check out Lynn University, University of Tampa. .. same story there too.

Many of the foreign players from Europe tried to play pro there as apprentices, but didn't make it, so college coaches come calling.
                            Umm no, you have a hypothesis and therefore the onus is on you to provide the data to back it up. I believe your hypothesis it that the best American players play in the ACC and PAC 12 and the on these teams there are more Americans than foreigners. You only provided data for two teams from one season.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1235290]

Umm no, you have a hypothesis and therefore the onus is TPon you to provide the data to back it up. I believe your hypothesis it that the best Ametherican players play in the ACC and PAC 12 and the on these teams there are more Americans than foreigners. You only provided data for two teams from one season.
                              Look dumbass, the best American players from DI go into the MLS. Do your own work and look at the rosters of the top 10 teams in each division. The top two conferences in DI are the ACC and the PAC 12. Look at the US National team and you will see they all played at D1 schools. The best foreign DII players go back home.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X