Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encl

I have a rising U14 girl that I would like to try out for ENCL Brandon. She now plays NPL. Can you tell me how much $$ and commitment is involved. U14 is the first year they can try out, right? If they don't make it do they have a chance to tryout as U15 or will they keep the team the same. When are the tryouts?

First you need to know it is ECNL (Elite Clubs National League).

Comment

You can tryout ever year. It is a wonderful way for a player to be exposed to college coaches. Wish your daughter the best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I have a rising U14 girl that I would like to try out for ENCL Brandon. She now plays NPL. Can you tell me how much $$ and commitment is involved. U14 is the first year they can try out, right? If they don't make it do they have a chance to tryout as U15 or will they keep the team the same. When are the tryouts?
        Since you are from an NPL club, fees should not be much more with the exception of more travel expenses. Tryouts should be sometime in May. You would want to ask who will be the coach and what is the maximum size of their roster.

Comment

Look at the thread ECNL Tryouts Post #40 for information about one parent's experience. You won't get the answers to your questions above but some additional knowledge.
          Good luck on your quest.

Comment

ECNL was 1500 fee this year plus travel expense. Travel expense can be between 800-1200 per year depending on the number of showcases the age group plays and where they are. I suspect the cost will go up a 100 or so this year. The teams next year will train 4 nights per week. 2 will be training with team, 1 will be agility/performance training, and 1 will be functional/positional training. It varies, sometimes they will convert functional to regular team training etc. From what I am hearing they are going to take 16 or 17 kids. It sounds like they will be pulling some players up from NPL this year for every game so that they can have the opportunity to get some game time and training with the ECNL team. That did not happen this year because the roster was at 18 players. Might want to contact the ECNL director for accurate info on some of those things. There is an ECNL ID camp on the club website so you can check it out.

Comment

what other leagues does her current club offer?

Comment

If you are serious, you will need to go through the correct channels to get accurate info on ECNL at West Florida Flames (WFF). Call the ECNL Director at WFF, JORGE ZAVALA. His contact info can be found on the WFF website. As previously stated, make sure you remember what ECNL stands for before going any further! :) It would probably be a good idea to visit the actual ECNL website (ECNL.com) to understand a little more about the league and their philosophy. It is literally the top female youth soccer league in the entire world! Good luck!

Comment

what other leagues does her current club offer?
                  I think the question you are really trying to ask the person is what club they are from. Not sure how that will answer their question.

Comment

You can tryout ever year. It is a wonderful way for a player to be exposed to college coaches. Wish your daughter the best of luck.
                    "exposed"... the most important word in youth soccer.

Comment

If you are serious, you will need to go through the correct channels to get accurate info on ECNL at West Florida Flames (WFF). Call the ECNL Director at WFF, JORGE ZAVALA. His contact info can be found on the WFF website. As previously stated, make sure you remember what ECNL stands for before going any further! :) It would probably be a good idea to visit the actual ECNL website (ECNL.com) to understand a little more about the league and their philosophy. It is literally the top female youth soccer league in the entire world! Good luck!
                      http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/

Comment

"Top female youth soccer league in the entire world!" LMAO

Comment

"Top female youth soccer league in the entire world!" LMAO
                          Once you are done laughing and your @ss is still there, please tell everyone about a better female youth soccer league.

Comment

Once you are done laughing and your @ss is still there, please tell everyone about a better female youth soccer league.
                            the point I think is that you have to travel out of state to get into an encl club that is worth the time and money.

Comment

the point I think is that you have to travel out of state to get into an encl club that is worth the time and money.
                              Funny. Can you think of a club more equipped then WFF in our state? I certainly can't.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X