U16G State Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With state cup over many players or should I say parents will shop their kid around. South Florida is a hotbed for soccer in the US. www.soflasoccer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Just Released after surgery to play again torn Labrum in hip
      Fully repaired surgery May 2013
      Played 2 years for Largo United U14 and U 15
      Great Winning Seasons and Tournaments
      Also Started for my High School Team as a Freshman CCHS
      Had to sit out and rehab U16 year
      Looking to play again, live in Tarpon but will travel if a good opportunity arises
      Post and let me hear from you if any coaches looking for a keeper
      You may want to try Lakeland. Heard many of old U15, which was very good, getting back together

Comment

You may want to try Lakeland. Heard many of old U15, which was very good, getting back together
        Not "many," some or a few would be more accurate.

Comment

Don't believe the hype!

Whatever you do, don't try Lakeland and don't believe the fantasy that the old Lakeland team will ever be "good" again. The players that did make that team "very good" are at TBU, Space Coast, or WFF ECNL and they are not leaving. Unless ofcourse they were cut after tryouts. In that case then the only girls going back are some Houston Dynamo players (and that team was a disaster this year) since that team probably played it's last game. If your smart, the best thing you can do is contact WFF or TBU and see if you can possibly get on their NPL team. Maybe even try Braden River. After that, all other teams moving up to U17 this coming year are USA D1 at best and can't compete with the above mentioned teams which means limited to no exposure. If you are just interested in play then it really doesn't make a difference after that. And if that is the case then why spend the money to travel if all you want to do is play. Find a team local and just have fun without the pressure of trying to get seen.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't try Lakeland and don't believe the fantasy that the old Lakeland team will ever be "good" again. The players that did make that team "very good" are at TBU, Space Coast, or WFF ECNL and they are not leaving. Unless ofcourse they were cut after tryouts. In that case then the only girls going back are some Houston Dynamo players (and that team was a disaster this year) since that team probably played it's last game. If your smart, the best thing you can do is contact WFF or TBU and see if you can possibly get on their NPL team. Maybe even try Braden River. After that, all other teams moving up to U17 this coming year are USA D1 at best and can't compete with the above mentioned teams which means limited to no exposure. If you are just interested in play then it really doesn't make a difference after that. And if that is the case then why spend the money to travel if all you want to do is play. Find a team local and just have fun without the pressure of trying to get seen.
            Wow. Who are you to give such advise. Saw wff npl team play and that team had its own difficulties

Comment

Wow. Who are you to give such advise. Saw wff npl team play and that team had its own difficulties
              Originally Posted by Unregistered

Would agree... who are you? At least in the case of Dynamo, still made it to round of 16 and finished well in FSPL with several injured players and defections to TBU from previous year.

Comment

Research before you comment and hit "Submit Reply"

Did you take the time to read the post or are you just another clueless parent who knows everything about soccer? If a player is trying to come back after a season off because of injury and is moving up to U17 this year then my advise to them was spot on. If she wants to get some exposure then Lakeland rising U17 (which does not even exist after it fell apart last year) is not the best place for her. What league would you even play in? CDL? If that is the case then she just as well find a team closer to home and play USA D1. I certianly know enough to make an accurate assessment that CDL and USA D1 is an even comparison. So for exposure at this age group ECNL or NPL is her best option. TBU is not an option considering they have the BEST goalkeeper in this area if not the State and even Region III. ECNL would be a long shot since they are already set at goalkeepers as well. Her next highest level would be NPL. The only clubs in this area playing NPL is WFF, TBU, or Clearwater Chargers. If she is looking for the best club to go to for a girls program then WFF or TBU are IT. And if you believe otherwise then you or either new to the area or just clueless.

You are correct in your assessment that the WFF NPL team (Rising U17s) have a hard time competing in NPL. But, doesn't that just validate even more that WFF NPL would be a place for her to go if she is looking to make a team that plays at a higher level? And not just her. Any player that is just below the level of ECNL or a Regional/National League level should be running to WFF to play on their NPL team. Shouldn't that be the objective of any player moving to U17? This is also their State Cup team and team that plays in college showcases. I hear far too many times parent say "Well I'm not taking my daughter to that team because they sucked last year". What a stupid statement! If your daughter is good enough to play on an NPL team but you choose to take her to a club team that plays in a lower level than NPL then you really need you head examined. If she is really that good then bring her to the team and make it better. And please try and tell me that NPL in this age group is not a higher level. Do your research before you reply. How many NPL teams made it to the round of 16 in State Cup? What are the Got Soccer rankings of the NPL teams in this age group? and you would consider another option. Blind or foolish pride. Which one?

Comment

Just another blogger

Originally Posted by Unregistered

Would agree... who are you? At least in the case of Dynamo, still made it to round of 16 and finished well in FSPL with several injured players and defections to TBU from previous year.
                  Who am I? Just another blogger like yourself that can come on here and give my opinion. You people are hilarious! Anytime someone comes on an open blog and gives an accurate opinion that doesn't fit into yours then the first thing you do is blast them for giving their opinion. Is it right? Some would agree and some would not. Are you right? Some would agree and I would not. Maybe I am one of those "defectors" that left Dynamo last year for TBU. So the players leaving that team this year for Lakeland, Braden River, or WFF are they "defectors" also. Here is a better one for you. If that Dynamo team is not a disaster like I assessed then why did you lose players last year to TBU? And if you did so well this year then why are players leaving once again for Lakeland, Braden River, and WFF? Defectors? Funny. And you wonder why your club isn't growing?

Comment

Who am I? Just another blogger like yourself that can come on here and give my opinion. You people are hilarious! Anytime someone comes on an open blog and gives an accurate opinion that doesn't fit into yours then the first thing you do is blast them for giving their opinion. Is it right? Some would agree and some would not. Are you right? Some would agree and I would not. Maybe I am one of those "defectors" that left Dynamo last year for TBU. So the players leaving that team this year for Lakeland, Braden River, or WFF are they "defectors" also. Here is a better one for you. If that Dynamo team is not a disaster like I assessed then why did you lose players last year to TBU? And if you did so well this year then why are players leaving once again for Lakeland, Braden River, and WFF? Defectors? Funny. And you wonder why your club isn't growing?
                    THAT's your problem... opinions are neither accurate or inaccurate when they are anonymous... just opinions. Don't get your feelings hurt and feel like you have to respond when someone disagrees with you. Someone else may know mroe than you about the situation. That is possible, right?

Comment

THAT's your problem... opinions are neither accurate or inaccurate when they are anonymous... just opinions. Don't get your feelings hurt and feel like you have to respond when someone disagrees with you. Someone else may know mroe than you about the situation. That is possible, right?
                      Posting as an anonymous poster doesn't make a post accurate or inaccurate. We are all anonymous on TS. Some of the information is accurate and some is not. Has nothing to do with identity. And yes, these are just my opinions. Right? And my advice to you is the same as your advice to me....Don't get your feelings hurt and feel like you have to respond when someone comes on and gives negative opinions about your club. Gotta love it when BOD members follow TS. And yes anything is possible. Or again, I could be one of the defectors, a sympathizers to a defector, a soon to be defector, or like most on TS just another random blogger. But that is the beauty of a blog. We can both get on here and give our opinion without either one of us knowing who the other is. Or do we? Maybe yes. Maybe no.

Comment

Posting as an anonymous poster doesn't make a post accurate or inaccurate. We are all anonymous on TS. Some of the information is accurate and some is not. Has nothing to do with identity. And yes, these are just my opinions. Right? And my advice to you is the same as your advice to me....Don't get your feelings hurt and feel like you have to respond when someone comes on and gives negative opinions about your club. Gotta love it when BOD members follow TS. And yes anything is possible. Or again, I could be one of the defectors, a sympathizers to a defector, a soon to be defector, or like most on TS just another random blogger. But that is the beauty of a blog. We can both get on here and give our opinion without either one of us knowing who the other is. Or do we? Maybe yes. Maybe no.
                        looking at the NPL site, I'd say in this area that IMG would be another option for your kid. you people are hilarious. quit arguing about who knows more of what. bunch of high strung women, and chest beating men. get over yourselves already. I'm sure your kids have.

Comment

no hurt feeleings here... just trying to give perspective. I will disagree with you that "Posting as an anonymous poster doesn't make a post accurate or inaccurate." Putting your name to an opinion can bring credibility to said opinion and that credibility can lead to the perception of how accurate or inaccurate an opinion could be. Did I lose you?

Comment

Supercomputer - Post Final Four Fan Mail

Alright fellow overly zealous soccer fanatics, while we were busy manning the two specialty tents this weekend, we unfortunately missed all the great action. So in order to find out the results, we decided to read some of our post tournament fan mail. For those that already know the results, please feel free to skip to the next very informative TS post. For those that also missed the action, let's see if we can figure it out together shall we:

"Dear Supercomputer: Thanks for all your support and you are the greatest" signed PV parent
                            "Dear Supercomputer: Shame on you for referring to us as the Have Nots, even though we don't recruit from throughout the State, our local players all know each other by their first names and we greatly enjoy fanning ourselves with the Game Program on hot Florida days" co signed FFJ and Braden River parents
                            "Dear Supercomputer: You can roll up your specialty tents, bend over and shove them up your @#$#@ signed TBU parent, ps love your posts!
                            "Dear Supercomputer: You are cordially invited to be the Grand Marshall in our upcoming Victory Parade" signed PV DOC

Ummmmm....anyone have a clue? We're going to take a wild guess that our prediction of Ponte Vedra defending their championship was accurate (hey some things on TS are accurate afterall!).

Congratulations to Ponte Vedra (and not just for making the Supercomputer look extra shiny today)! We would also like to congratulate all the participating teams, FYSA for putting on a great tournament, the players for their dedication to soccer and striving to meet their goals, parents for their time and resources in helping their children, and coaches and referees for putting up with more than they deserve (including Supercomputer posts).

Signed, Supercomputer (see some of us sign our names) :)

Comment

no hurt feeleings here... just trying to give perspective. I will disagree with you that "Posting as an anonymous poster doesn't make a post accurate or inaccurate." Putting your name to an opinion can bring credibility to said opinion and that credibility can lead to the perception of how accurate or inaccurate an opinion could be. Did I lose you?
                              Yes. Actually, you lost me when you spoke of credibility on a blog that centers around youth soccer in America. That is funny. Ofcourse I am trying to argue a point with another anonymous poster.

Comment

...TBU is not an option considering they have the BEST goalkeeper in this area if not the State and even Region III...
                                She may be the best in FL, but DG from Solar Chelsea Elite 98 (TX-N) may have something to say about "Best in Region III".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X