X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Real Madrid is not even close to being the "Top U15 team"
    Not better than Weston, Miramar, Margate, Florida Fire, FC Florida, GTBFC, Rush or Team Boca. They might not even be better than Cutler Ridge or Nomads.

Comment

Not better than Weston, Miramar, Margate, Florida Fire, FC Florida, GTBFC, Rush or Team Boca. They might not even be better than Cutler Ridge or Nomads.
      Ok. Guess we are third in the state for no reason. Heck, we should not even play state cup.

Comment

Coral Gables U14 record against U15 State Cup round of 16 teams:

REAL MADRID (lost 2-1)
        WESTON FC 98 PRE-ACADEMY (lost 1-0)
        KENDALL SC 15 ACADEMY RESERVE (won 2-1)
        MIRAMAR UNITED ELITE FC ELITE RED 98/99 (won 1-0)
        PALM BEACH NOMADS 98 BOYS (won 3-0)

3 wins, 2 losses, GF 7, GA 4, GD +3

Draw your own conclusions about the competitiveness of the U15 age group.

Comment

REAL MADRID (lost 2-1)

Get out of here, U14 parent!

Comment

Your predicted U15 State Cup finalist (real madrid) barely beat the top U14 team in the State (Coral Gables) in South Florida League finals. Is the U15 age group really that weak?
            You are an idiot. Madrid is not best team. They are on easy side of bracket. Fire, Rush, Margate are top teams.

Comment

REAL MADRID (lost 2-1)

Why don't you worry about winning state in U-14's and stay off U-15 site. Gables would lose 5 or 6-0 to Rush, Margate, Fire.

Comment

Bad playing fields at Celtic and weak coaching
                Tryouts are in 3 weeks,
                Were you ok with this year?

Comment

Some interesting tidbits of information for you:
                  Strictly has 8 current or former pros playing in Europe and the Us.
                  We have had several players play on US national teams.
                  We have a dedicated goalie trainer with a minimum of 2 nights a week specific goalie traing in all age groups.
                  Our senior teams train at least 3 nights a week.
                  Everyone in the club is welcome and encouraged to train every night of the week at no additional charge.
                  We do offer individual traing just about every night of the week.
                  Our trainers consist of current and former professionals as well as a current college coach with a professional liscense that are training the players EVERY night.
                  We play in nationally recognized college showcase tournaments such as Surf Cup,
                  Castle, Vegas Cup, Denver Cup, Vulcan Cup, etc.etc.

We have defeated the number 1 NATIONALLY ranked teams on 4 different occasions.
                  There are no boards that are comprised of soccer moms that dictate operations and the future of the club.
                  We have not merged with anyone ever.
                  We have not changed our name ever.
                  We have been run by the same DOC since the inception of the club.

We are centrally located close to the interstate, usually within 20 minutes of just about everyone in central and south pinellas.

We currently have players from Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Polk, Manatee and Sarasota counties.

We are not trying say anything negative about what other clubs have to offer, just trying to describe what we are about.

Comment

Some interesting tidbits of information for you:
                    Strictly has 8 current or former pros playing in Europe and the Us.
                    We have had several players play on US national teams.
                    We have a dedicated goalie trainer with a minimum of 2 nights a week specific goalie traing in all age groups.
                    Our senior teams train at least 3 nights a week.
                    Everyone in the club is welcome and encouraged to train every night of the week at no additional charge.
                    We do offer individual traing just about every night of the week.
                    Our trainers consist of current and former professionals as well as a current college coach with a professional liscense that are training the players EVERY night.
                    We play in nationally recognized college showcase tournaments such as Surf Cup,
                    Castle, Vegas Cup, Denver Cup, Vulcan Cup, etc.etc.

We have defeated the number 1 NATIONALLY ranked teams on 4 different occasions.
                    There are no boards that are comprised of soccer moms that dictate operations and the future of the club.
                    We have not merged with anyone ever.
                    We have not changed our name ever.
                    We have been run by the same DOC since the inception of the club.

We are centrally located close to the interstate, usually within 20 minutes of just about everyone in central and south pinellas.

We currently have players from Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Polk, Manatee and Sarasota counties.

We are not trying say anything negative about what other clubs have to offer, just trying to describe what we are about.
                    That is very impressive. Since this is a PCU forum, what is the bio for the PCU club as a comparison? Have they produced any pro players? How many kids on average did get college scholarships from the club each year? Do they have a goalie specific trainer and training included? What showcase tournaments have they been to over the last 5 years? How many training sessions per week are they allowed to go to each week?

So basically, can someone that is at PCU tell us how they compare to each one of the points, that I will assume is a strictly parent or coach, has made. I don't know much about PCU, so I am trying decide where to take my kid next year in the St pete/largo area. Which club historically, say over the last 10 years has yielded the best soccer players????

Comment

That is very impressive. Since this is a PCU forum, what is the bio for the PCU club as a comparison? Have they produced any pro players? How many kids on average did get college scholarships from the club each year? Do they have a goalie specific trainer and training included? What showcase tournaments have they been to over the last 5 years? How many training sessions per week are they allowed to go to each week?

So basically, can someone that is at PCU tell us how they compare to each one of the points, that I will assume is a strictly parent or coach, has made. I don't know much about PCU, so I am trying decide where to take my kid next year in the St pete/largo area. Which club historically, say over the last 10 years has yielded the best soccer players????
                      Does the past always predict the future? No. It depends so much on the talent in each age group. Look at this year's u15 boys group. The top 3 teams in the metro TB area are GTBFC, TBU, and WFF. Sorry, but the Pinellas teams were not good. You have to do some research, spend some time and call the coaches of possible teams for your child, as well as the DOCs. Look for the best fit. Find out what the goals of each coach is. Good luck!

Comment

Does the past always predict the future? No. It depends so much on the talent in each age group. Look at this year's u15 boys group. The top 3 teams in the metro TB area are GTBFC, TBU, and WFF. Sorry, but the Pinellas teams were not good. You have to do some research, spend some time and call the coaches of possible teams for your child, as well as the DOCs. Look for the best fit. Find out what the goals of each coach is. Good luck!
                        Yes, but if I want to stay in the St Pete/Largo area because of work requirements, what is the best club for player development? I am not interested in going to Tampa. If the past is not a good predictor of the future, how else do I determine what is the best training environment? I just want someone to answer my questions about PCU or Celtic or VSI everton or Largo. I have seen this information about Strictly and I wanted know about the other clubs I just mentioned. Do they have the same type of success? Please give me numbers and fact so I can make an informed decision. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, but if I want to stay in the St Pete/Largo area because of work requirements, what is the best club for player development? I am not interested in going to Tampa. If the past is not a good predictor of the future, how else do I determine what is the best training environment? I just want someone to answer my questions about PCU or Celtic or VSI everton or Largo. I have seen this information about Strictly and I wanted know about the other clubs I just mentioned. Do they have the same type of success? Please give me numbers and fact so I can make an informed decision. Thanks.
                          Sorry, on a side note, I went to each clubs web site and there was no information about what the track records of their programs were. I have always found in the work I do and in life that the past is a good indicator to the future or at least a good measurement. This is my only son, he has excelled in our area of Manatee county at this age, but he is interested in getting challenged to a higher level. I work in St Pete and the only way it can work for our family is to take him to some place in that area. I have heard different things about all these clubs, some good and some bad, but I wanted to research it myself. Tryouts seem like they are right around the corner and I would like to go observe the training to then find out what to do.

Comment

Strictly U15 boys didn't play region C or State cup why was that .
                            U15 girls lost every game in CDL why was that ,

Comment

no way anyone would go to Celtic if you merged the U15 teams, the fields are horrible, they are a D3 team and have bad coaching.

Comment

no way anyone would go to Celtic if you merged the U15 teams, the fields are horrible, they are a D3 team and have bad coaching.
                                Agree Celtic would be the most unlikely destination

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X