Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for acknowledging. I have been saying all along no Florida clubs this year and that is still the case. Actually, I said the northwest conference. Oregon would get one possibly 2 but there is another club from the state of Washington in the running as well. TBU, Clearwater, IMG will not get it. Jax and Boca being considered for next year. Virginia Rush losing it. Minnesota Thunder may elect to drop it for travel reasons. I am looking into this CKK/PDA/FKK thing but I had heard previously that would not happen. Given the stir recently I am rechecking it again.
    why do you say TBU, Clearwater and IMG will not get it? you sound like their chances of ever getting it are nil... as opposed to JAX and Boca being considered...

Comment

Agreed

I agree. Come Senior year how do you get colleges to look at you if you are playing in a age group mostly full of Juniors. Has anyone had this experience?

Can they make the ECNL team? Will be a tough task. I expect a large amount at try outs. Not personally, but I know the two players and they both play positions that they can make the team. Maybe not as starters, but can make the team. Just if other good players from other clubs come. Never can understand why age charts in soccer does not line up with age charts in School.
      My child plays with a team where most are a year younger in school. It happens on most teams, and it does make the recruiting process more difficult. We found she needed to be very proactive and she had to constantly remind the college coaches of her graduation year.

I can see why soccer doesn't line up with school because every state has a different cutoff for the date a child can start school. But, what I can't understand is why clubs don't do their best to get players with the right grade level, especially once they get to high school.

Comment

why do you say TBU, Clearwater and IMG will not get it? you sound like their chances of ever getting it are nil... as opposed to JAX and Boca being considered...
        Pretty much. Think about it. ECNL is about setting up destination clubs. In the Tampa Area there is not enough population to support a second destination club. First, Jax and so Florida areas do not even have a destination club yet. Second, when a second destination club is considered Orlando and so Florida both have larger populations to support 2 in one area. Third, the politics of the situation are not in your favor. You don't think for one second that politics among the docs and the ECNL matter? Look at the DOCs for jax PDA ckk FKK boca. All more well connected. The bottom line is that ECNL is almost completely done growing. Every conference will cap off at 12 max. That means maybe 4 get added to complete the conference over the next few years. I can guarantee you one club will be from Tennessee. That leaves 3 others. Jax plus so Florida plus one more and it won't be tampa market. This is how I see it.

Comment

Pretty much. Think about it. ECNL is about setting up destination clubs. In the Tampa Area there is not enough population to support a second destination club. First, Jax and so Florida areas do not even have a destination club yet. Second, when a second destination club is considered Orlando and so Florida both have larger populations to support 2 in one area. Third, the politics of the situation are not in your favor. You don't think for one second that politics among the docs and the ECNL matter? Look at the DOCs for jax PDA ckk FKK boca. All more well connected. The bottom line is that ECNL is almost completely done growing. Every conference will cap off at 12 max. That means maybe 4 get added to complete the conference over the next few years. I can guarantee you one club will be from Tennessee. That leaves 3 others. Jax plus so Florida plus one more and it won't be tampa market. This is how I see it.
          I really don't think any club is more connected than IMG, but their numbers are smaller. They have the facilities and the money to back anything, and the coaches. Throw out some So. Fl club names that could possibly do this?... none of them agree they could. N. Florida could, and I can't help that Central Fl, West Central FL carries most of the talent in this state.

Comment

I really don't think any club is more connected than IMG, but their numbers are smaller. They have the facilities and the money to back anything, and the coaches. Throw out some So. Fl club names that could possibly do this?... none of them agree they could. N. Florida could, and I can't help that Central Fl, West Central FL carries most of the talent in this state.
            IMG is way beyond ECNL. They are up there with Magic Jack when it comes to money. It costs $60,000+ to put your kid in their residency. They can play anywhere they want. Closest thing we have to a European Academy. Their alumni list reads like a hall of fame ballot.

Comment

IMG is way beyond ECNL. They are up there with Magic Jack when it comes to money. It costs $60,000+ to put your kid in their residency. They can play anywhere they want. Closest thing we have to a European Academy. Their alumni list reads like a hall of fame ballot.
              Why do they not have better teams?

Comment

I am looking into this CKK/PDA/FKK thing but I had heard previously that would not happen. Given the stir recently I am rechecking it again.
                Stated perfectly. That is what FKK does. They stir up sh** trying to dupe parents into paying $1500 because they "should" be getting ECNL.

Comment

Why do they not have better teams?
                  Ummmmm.....because it cost $60,000 to reside there? That would exclude pretty much everyone but the children of very wealthy soccer parents, thus the comparison to Magic Jack.

Comment

Tualatin Hills United SC, based in Portland, Oregon and FC Portland will be added to ECNL

No other teams this year

Comment

The initial plan when they were talking about expansion was 1 club from TN and 1 club from Florida. That would increase the conference to 10 teams. They may do that this year. I am going back on my previous prediction to say its a slight possibility. We will see. But yes, I heard that as well. If they do it this year it will be two clubs.
                      Good point. People on the TS Florida thread tend to think in terms of our state and not consider that ECNL is a national league. Why would all the expansion happen in Florida, especially considering the state fails to impress nationally on any level? I think the statement above is valid. There will be some griping from Carolina club that have to travel to South Florida just as there will be griping from Orlando and Tampa ECNL clubs about having to travel up to Tennessee. But if you signed your kid up to play in a national league, you should be prepared for long trips. You get what you pay for...

Comment

I don't think they are connected to ECNL. Even if they were their teams are woefully behind right now and would not be able to compete.

Comment

Ummmmm.....because it cost $60,000 to reside there? That would exclude pretty much everyone but the children of very wealthy soccer parents, thus the comparison to Magic Jack.
                          you don't have to live there or go to school there to train there. the girls teams have done quite well and all seniors have committed.

Comment

I could see Florida getting 2 clubs in ECNL next year. There is plenty of talent. Boca and Jax.

Comment

you don't have to live there or go to school there to train there. the girls teams have done quite well and all seniors have committed.
                              It is Bradenton. The only people that live there are retired or rich. You might get a couple people that commute, but that is no way to build a team. It is still very expensive if you don't reside at the academy. If my kid was top 2%, then I would mortgage the farm to get them in there. But then, if he was top 2%, he would probably be on the US National team and US Soccer could pay for his residency during camp.

Comment

It is Bradenton. The only people that live there are retired or rich. You might get a couple people that commute, but that is no way to build a team. It is still very expensive if you don't reside at the academy. If my kid was top 2%, then I would mortgage the farm to get them in there. But then, if he was top 2%, he would probably be on the US National team and US Soccer could pay for his residency during camp.
                                another person heard from that knows nothing of what they speak. Classic TS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X