Moving from out of state to Tampa area - club suggestions for U11 girls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends where your moving, to say the Tampa area is a pretty broad statement. If your moving to Pinellas County stay away from these bottom tiered clubs: Largo, Dunedin, Celtic, PCU, Oldsmar and Tarpon. Really, your only choices should be Strictly, WFF or the Chargers

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      As an added bonus, your kid, if she makes the A team, will get to beat up on B and C teams all season which is great for water cooler talk at your office! You can also complain about driving 3 hours for a regular season game against a C team too!

It's awesome! And no matter what you hear, don't believe for a second that the big clubs gain Got Soccer points from piecing together the best of 30 or 40 players in an age group. All that doesn't mean their training isn't the best. It just means that they have the ability to pull from the best natural players to put 10 kids on a roster. Never mind the other 30 weak players that are coached by the same coaches. It is surely the superior training at the big clubs that matter. And there isn't a single possibility that a coach in your kid's age group from a smaller club is a better coach than the big club has. Lol

Oh... And A Strictly supporter just tried to lump itself in with the big clubs. Don't be fooled. Tet can't field a team at every age group. Actually had to borrow a small club team this year. :)
      From the mouth of a "C" team parent !!! Trust me, dont play you by choice, If you moved your little magpie into a sport they MAY be good at then the best could play the best? but thanks for the extra club income anyway !

Comment

Depends where your moving, to say the Tampa area is a pretty broad statement. If your moving to Pinellas County stay away from these bottom tiered clubs: Largo, Dunedin, Celtic, PCU, Oldsmar and Tarpon. Really, your only choices should be Strictly, WFF or the Chargers
        Pretty accurate, the clubs listed as staying away from are the clubs that are notorious for failing to teach skills.

Comment

Look at West Florida Flames in east lake and the Chargers. Choose one of those based on tryouts and what you see, girls, coach, fees, etc.

Comment

From the mouth of a "C" team parent !!! Trust me, dont play you by choice, If you moved your little magpie into a sport they MAY be good at then the best could play the best? but thanks for the extra club income anyway !
            Lol. Hate to burst your bubble Ego-Dad. But my boy isn't a "C" team player. Looks like my post hit a little nerve though. I love guys like you. You think you can decipher how good somebody's kid is by a single comment his dad made on some obscur message board. Priceless!

It's so very telling of your character when you say things like "they don't play you by choice". Of course they don't play me by choice since I'm 43 years old, out of shape, and WAY too old to play youth soccer. You see, your Fruedian Slip there is that in your mind, a parent is their kid. Even more telling is that you think of lessor players (kids) as nothing more than money to support your club. It also tells those reading this the exact mentality that the large clubs have towards the majority of their kids. I had no intention of mentioning the churning of kids for the sake of money clubs like yours do to parents, but glad you brought it up.

You obviously live THROUGH your kid. I live FOR mine. But I have to admit that I enjoy watching big club teams have to double up on my boy to slow him down because their defenders haven't been trained how to contain a player one on one. Thank you for that.
            I don't blame the kids though. They are used to playing B and C teams all year in the mighty CDL. Lol

You, on the other hand, go right to insulting little kids. Again, says so much about your character and how your parents failed to raise you right. Guessing you are passing along the same mentality to your kid as well. Good luck to your kid though.

Comment

keep your kid out of the USA League if you want them to develop and play better competition.

Comment

keep your kid out of the USA League if you want them to develop and play better competition.
                This is true, but your going to really limit your choices in the Tampa area because most clubs are relegated to playing in the USA League. Most parents of talented kids have already moved their kids from USA League type clubs to one of the four area clubs that have access to playing in more advanced leagues, so their is a premium on roster spots. I would suggest going to a tryout for TBU, Chargers, Strictly, or WFF, if your child's skill level seems behind those at the tryouts hen I would put your child at whichever club is closest to your home. This will allow your child to play with children that might be going to their school and pretty much all of the clubs that are USA regulated are pretty much the same, so it really won't make a difference which one you choose.

Comment

strictly is not as good as they think they are.

This is true, but your going to really limit your choices in the Tampa area because most clubs are relegated to playing in the USA League. Most parents of talented kids have already moved their kids from USA League type clubs to one of the four area clubs that have access to playing in more advanced leagues, so their is a premium on roster spots. I would suggest going to a tryout for TBU, Chargers, Strictly, or WFF, if your child's skill level seems behind those at the tryouts hen I would put your child at whichever club is closest to your home. This will allow your child to play with children that might be going to their school and pretty much all of the clubs that are USA regulated are pretty much the same, so it really won't make a difference which one you choose.
                  We all know this is a strictly parent/coach. I would not but strictly with the other 3 clubs. strictly may play in some of the same leagues as the other 3, but are at the bottom of these leagues year in and year out. Granted there is always an anomaly from time to time.

Comment

Thanks for your advice, we will look into the clubs you mentioned for tryouts. Any idea on how I can find what my local club will be to where we are moving?

Comment

We all know this is a strictly parent/coach. I would not but strictly with the other 3 clubs. strictly may play in some of the same leagues as the other 3, but are at the bottom of these leagues year in and year out. Granted there is always an anomaly from time to time.
                      Strictly is not a good club, but due to the sad state of soccer in St. Pete they are the best club in that area. Hopefully, your not moving to either St. Pete or Largo the clubs in those areas are the pits.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                        we are moving from virginia to the palm harbor/dunedin area next month. I have a rising u11 daughter that has played club for two years. I want her to continue playing competitive soccer on a good team and i don't have that much time to figure out the soccer scene down there. Money is important, but secondary to quality training and proximity. Don't want to make a bad decision and have to live with it for a year. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
                        do not move there

Comment

If moving to Pinellas County, your best bets are TBU West, WFF or the Chargers. Stay away from PCU, Everton or Southside, and Celtic, they are horrible clubs that all play in the worst league in the state

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X