Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So just to give you a little background, I am an Ivy League grad and doctor who once was reprimanded by the board of medicine and lost my job because I got into a beef with a police officer. I am married to a woman who banded a group of parents together to get a high school soccer coach fired because she didn't like the way the coach played one of my kids. I once moved from one upper middle class town to another just so one of my kids could be on a better soccer team and play for a coach who would put my them in for post season honors if I threw a little cash their way. I literally have bought my kids onto dozens of AAU and club teams over the years even though they generally didn't have the talent to be on them. It should go without saying that status is very important to me. It's not what you can do, its how you look doing it that matters most in my book. I have an image to maintain after all. My kids are the type that would show up to roughly 50% of the practices because everything else was a higher priority in life (especially academics) and yet my wife and I would fuss and fume on the sidelines when the coach didn't play them significant minutes. We are the type of parents that are constantly in coaches and teachers ears demanding special treatment and recognition for our kids because we have such high expectations of them. I've sent one of my kids to an upper tier NESCAC school, one to a mid tier NESCAC school, one to a bottom tier Ivy and our youngest one to a bottom tier D1 so obviously I also value education quite a bit. I now spend hours upon hours each day lecturing on an anonymous chat forum about the value of education and what it takes to get into med school.
    And how are the twins doing, BTNT? You've outdone yourself again. BTW, given your absurd jabs above it sure would be nice to know what CH truly thought about you monitoring things 24/7/365. I bet he thinks you're a great guy lol.

Comment

Okay??? This seems directed at someone in particular. But not everyone on this blog is clued into the subliminal meanings of the taunts being thrown back and forth.
      My guess is that it is BTDT mocking Pman.

Comment

My guess is that it is BTDT mocking Pman.
        Who is Pman? I need a scorecard for the cast of characters.

Comment

Who is Pman? I need a scorecard for the cast of characters.
          Back about 6 years ago (in a galaxy far far away) everyone used their screen names rather than just anonymous. One guy "Been There Done That" (BTDT) had a very good GK who played with her age group NT and is now finishing up her full ride at Duke. Anther user, "Perspective" (Pman) had a son, I think, who was good enough to get a "tip" into a NESCAC - Amherst?.

Pman understands that most players are not the Unicorns that BTDT daughter is, and encourages us to put Academic First. Good advice actually. BTDT on the other hand, knows how D1 recruiting works and offers equivalently good advice for those seeking scholarships. The tension between these two is constant as PMan insists that going to a prestigious D3 Liberal Arts College is the real win, and BTDT points out that if academics was always the family priority, then why fly all over the country playing elite club soccer.

Comment

Back about 6 years ago (in a galaxy far far away) everyone used their screen names rather than just anonymous. One guy "Been There Done That" (BTDT) had a very good GK who played with her age group NT and is now finishing up her full ride at Duke. Anther user, "Perspective" (Pman) had a son, I think, who was good enough to get a "tip" into a NESCAC - Amherst?.

Pman understands that most players are not the Unicorns that BTDT daughter is, and encourages us to put Academic First. Good advice actually. BTDT on the other hand, knows how D1 recruiting works and offers equivalently good advice for those seeking scholarships. The tension between these two is constant as PMan insists that going to a prestigious D3 Liberal Arts College is the real win, and BTDT points out that if academics was always the family priority, then why fly all over the country playing elite club soccer.
            The reason the above is likely BTNT is because almost all it is wrong and he's been intentionally selling all of or his own bizarre needs. I've NEVER SAID academic first or only although others do. I've said we would have done D1. I've endorsed that there are great D1 schools. I've said it's a personal choice usually involving multiple factors and that soccer is a fair factor to include if a kid really wants to play and is good enough. I have NEVER been one of the people who insists there are a lot of D3 kids who "coulda played D1." And after explaining this dozens of times, this crap continues. And looking again, the last line confirms it....."if academics so important then why fly all over....blah, blah, blah, and why to a bump on my butt nowheresville D3 when I can go to Vandy?"..........pure BTNT. No one else wrote that post above.

Comment

Can we at least make 3rd team All ACC before we start talking about unicorns? Wow.

Comment

The reason the above is likely BTNT is because almost all it is wrong and he's been intentionally selling all of or his own bizarre needs. I've NEVER SAID academic first or only although others do. I've said we would have done D1. I've endorsed that there are great D1 schools. I've said it's a personal choice usually involving multiple factors and that soccer is a fair factor to include if a kid really wants to play and is good enough. I have NEVER been one of the people who insists there are a lot of D3 kids who "coulda played D1." And after explaining this dozens of times, this crap continues. And looking again, the last line confirms it....."if academics so important then why fly all over....blah, blah, blah, and why to a bump on my butt nowheresville D3 when I can go to Vandy?"..........pure BTNT. No one else wrote that post above.
                I stand corrected. Seems reasonable.
                Im still not BTDT, that giveaway phrase was clearly attributed as something he would say

So if Pman is not the Academics First, Elite LACs Rule poster... who is?

Comment

Too funny, so you admit to being the type of slime ball parent everyone else hates except you are misinterpreted? That’s what you want to counter with? Who ever you are you are a loser.

Comment

Too funny, so you admit to being the type of slime ball parent everyone else hates except you are misinterpreted? That’s what you want to counter with? Who ever you are you are a loser.
                    Not sure where you got an admission of being "a slime ball parent" out of my post, but then again, comprehension has never been your strong suit. As for being a loser, I can only say that I am comforted knowing that it is impossible for me to be a bigger loser than you. When one steps back and thinks about who you are and what you've done here (celebrity parent with a D1 star) cracking on other people and belittling them for 12+ years, one realizes that you truly are uniquely disturbed. Please say hello to the twins....and of course Suzie, SoccerDad33, and SoccerTaxi.

Comment

Not sure where you got an admission of being "a slime ball parent" out of my post, but then again, comprehension has never been your strong suit. As for being a loser, I can only say that I am comforted knowing that it is impossible for me to be a bigger loser than you. When one steps back and thinks about who you are and what you've done here (celebrity parent with a D1 star) cracking on other people and belittling them for 12+ years, one realizes that you truly are uniquely disturbed. Please say hello to the twins....and of course Suzie, SoccerDad33, and SoccerTaxi.
                      Ever look in a mirror?

Comment

Ever look in a mirror?
                        Yes, have you???

Comment

So are BTDT and BTNT one and the same?

Comment

So are BTDT and BTNT one and the same?
                            The system will find you if the player is worthy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X