• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D3

Amherst vs Tufts in final
    I think NESCAC is top conference.
    These teams would be good even in division 1

You obviously have not watched them very much if you think that.

Comment

I'll be watching! Don't know enough to know how they would fare in d1. In any case it's pretty clear they are the best of d3.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I'll be watching! Don't know enough to know how they would fare in d1. In any case it's pretty clear they are the best of d3.
        When I saw who was in the final I decided to take a look at a recorded Tufts game to see if it would be worth watching. Dramatically lower skill level than D1 or even D2.

Comment

When I saw who was in the final I decided to take a look at a recorded Tufts game to see if it would be worth watching. Dramatically lower skill level than D1 or even D2.
          Tufts and Amherst are playing pretty good soccer and would beat the bottom 100 D1 teams. All the while getting valuable degrees from highly ranked institutions - and had a full college experience to boot. Impressive. Different than a full time D1 sports job playing soccer though. Totally different deal.

Comment

Bullcr@p. You obviously have not watched the bottom 50-75 D1 teams play.

Comment

Tufts and Amherst are playing pretty good soccer and would beat the bottom 100 D1 teams. All the while getting valuable degrees from highly ranked institutions - and had a full college experience to boot. Impressive. Different than a full time D1 sports job playing soccer though. Totally different deal.
              Dude, you’re trying too hard

Just smile knowing that Tufts and Amherst are all you say they are. You chose academic prestige, admissions selectivity, and small LAC experience over athletic prestige and selectivity with the scholarship athlete experience. Being proud of your choice means accepting the cons that come with that choice. D3 was the best option for your family, and Tufts / Amherst are great schools, but when you come on here defending the merits of non-soccer factors on a SOCCER forum it just makes you look insecure and defensive. #D3Proud #AintD1

Comment

Dude, you’re trying too hard

Just smile knowing that Tufts and Amherst are all you say they are. You chose academic prestige, admissions selectivity, and small LAC experience over athletic prestige and selectivity with the scholarship athlete experience. Being proud of your choice means accepting the cons that come with that choice. D3 was the best option for your family, and Tufts / Amherst are great schools, but when you come on here defending the merits of non-soccer factors on a SOCCER forum it just makes you look insecure and defensive. #D3Proud #AintD1
                Calm down. Why so defensive?

Comment

Calm down. Why so defensive?
                  He directly called you out - that is offensive
                  Reinforcing the merits of your choice is defensive

Comment

Sure you did. Why were you even curious? What a liar.

Comment

I get that kids would choose d1 for the money. But if you can get into Tufts or Amherst using soccer and can afford it, why would ever choose an academically weaker institution just for soccer? That makes no sense.

Comment

Parent of a current D1 player here. Our son would have chosen a better NESCAC college and D3 soccer if we could afford the $70K/year tuition. It was not in the cards for our family. I have watched a lot of D1 and D3 games over recent years and can confidently say that both Tufts and Amherst could and would absolutely compete with all of the local D1 programs. In fact I would like to watch Tufts play UNH or BC. That would be a very good game.

Comment

He directly called you out - that is offensive
                          Reinforcing the merits of your choice is defensive
                          Calling someone out is not offensive, it’s simply shows that a nerve was hit.

Comment

Parent of a current D1 player here. Our son would have chosen a better NESCAC college and D3 soccer if we could afford the $70K/year tuition. It was not in the cards for our family. I have watched a lot of D1 and D3 games over recent years and can confidently say that both Tufts and Amherst could and would absolutely compete with all of the local D1 programs. In fact I would like to watch Tufts play UNH or BC. That would be a very good game.
                            How many UNH games did you see this year? If you saw even one and think Tufts could give them a game then you are smoking some serious stuff.

Here is the link to the semi final Tufts game I watched.
                            https://www.ncaa.com/video/soccer-me...ufts-full-game

Take a look and tell me how often they connect on more than 2 passes.

Comment

Sure you did. Why were you even curious? What a liar.
                              Why would I lie about this? My HS senior son got offers from D2 schools and had interest from a D1 school. He has pretty much made up his mind to go to a D3 school for academic reasons. The soccer fan in me wanted him to try D1 . But as I step back and look at his choice, I am very proud of him as what is going to happen after college should be the priority.

Also, you are an ignorant A hole.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X