• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No. Not quite..
    What are you disagreeing with?

Comment

What are you disagreeing with?
      His kid not getting the recognition daddy thinks they deserve.

Comment

There can be some politicking but by and large most of the kids are deserving. It will never be a perfect process. All the coaches vote so there's only so much a coach could do get a supposed "undeserving" player an award.

This time of year there's always plenty of parents crying unfair when their kid isn't in a list.

Comment

Well I’ve watched numerous kids on these lists for years and some are undeservingly awarded every year .Its the same with accolades given out for anything.Some deserve it most it’s favoritism politics or just because you made a list last year you are automatically awarded the next out of uncaring laziness.Joke

Comment

Well I’ve watched numerous kids on these lists for years and some are undeservingly awarded every year .Its the same with accolades given out for anything.Some deserve it most it’s favoritism politics or just because you made a list last year you are automatically awarded the next out of uncaring laziness.Joke
            Sour puss.

Jr. was never that good, you know.

Comment

Problem is some are much ,much better.

Comment

Coaches lobby for their favorites. It's a terrible process.
                Serious question: what makes a kid a coach "favorite"? Most coaches love kids who perform well and/or have good attitudes. I suppose some coach might have as his/her favorite some crappy player with a bad attitude, but I'm assuming that isn't the norm.

This critique of favoritism just rings hollow. I struggle picturing some coach walking into a room full of colleagues and making the case for the crappy player that the coach loves for some reason. I can see the intersection of being a "favorite" and being deserving of the honor.

Comment

Serious question: what makes a kid a coach "favorite"? Most coaches love kids who perform well and/or have good attitudes. I suppose some coach might have as his/her favorite some crappy player with a bad attitude, but I'm assuming that isn't the norm.

This critique of favoritism just rings hollow. I struggle picturing some coach walking into a room full of colleagues and making the case for the crappy player that the coach loves for some reason. I can see the intersection of being a "favorite" and being deserving of the honor.
                  Great point. There may be a high-character kid or two that makes a league all star team, but by the time you get to regional/state teams the players have to have earned a significant measure of respect by the coaches around the league.

That said, my daughter's coach plainly admitted that he had to support a rival coach's player (who he didn't think was all that great) in order to get votes for his own players for All State/ All EMass, etc. The coaches are mostly there to advocate for their own players, not to pursue some kind of optimal all star team. So there ARE politics and horse-trading involved.

If your kid is a solid player but an a**hole on the field, it could certainly come back to bite her when she needs the support of opposing coaches to win an award.

Comment

His kid not getting the recognition daddy thinks they deserve.
                    Well that for sure is true. Everyone thinks their kid is an all American. I was just talking about the process. It all starts with your league. You have to be a league allstars before making regional or state teams. Most leagues limit the number of nominee's from each team to four. On a good team, some good players get left off, while weaker players from bad teams make it. Coaches will also usually favor upperclassmen. From there the coach has to take some steps to get kids considered for regional and state teams. Not all coaches do.

Comment

Thank god my child can’t play high school soccer.

Comment

Tangentially related: United Soccer Coaches all new England list released. On the boys side only 2 prep school players named. That's ridiculous. No Berkshire players?! Not the GK committed to Michigan?

Comment

I would like to know the process of how they choose.

Comment

Tangentially related: United Soccer Coaches all new England list released. On the boys side only 2 prep school players named. That's ridiculous. No Berkshire players?! Not the GK committed to Michigan?
                            That's about right...

Comment

duz anyone know where the teams are postedonline? E-Mass? All-state?
                              befoer you yell at me i have googled it but still can't find

Comment

duz anyone know where the teams are postedonline? E-Mass? All-state?
                                befoer you yell at me i have googled it but still can't find
                                http://www.emgsca.org/all-stars.html

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X