Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL vs. DA Debate Is Over

Please nobody talk about this again. FC Stars 06 White ECNL just beat SS Select 06 DA 5-0.. Ball barely crossed half field.. Stars 06 White is bottom of ECNL table and Stars 2nd team. Never again will I listen to anyone that says DA is remotely equal to ECNL.. Debate is finally over!!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please nobody talk about this again. FC Stars 06 White ECNL just beat SS Select 06 DA 5-0.. Ball barely crossed half field.. Stars 06 White is bottom of ECNL table and Stars 2nd team. Never again will I listen to anyone that says DA is remotely equal to ECNL.. Debate is finally over!!
    Now do Stars 04 DA vs 03 ECNL this weekend.

Comment

Haha, can’t wait until this ECNL team loses to an NPL team. 🤯

Comment

Sss 06 sucks. That is not the way to measure a league

Comment

Embarrassing effort by Select.. Expected a competitive game.

Comment

Rest of us figured this out long ago. Glad you are finally getting it.

Comment

Yikes.. just saw this score posted. Tough look for Select

Comment

Yikes.. just saw this score posted. Tough look for Select
                Do not judge any league by the teams up here, in particular teams up here vs. each other. Bad vs. bad.

Comment

Thanks Sean.
                  Congratulations on winning a game, your family must be very proud. Are you going to get a tattoo saying the score? I remember when I won my first game.
                  What’s next the World Cup??

Comment

isn't this age group 12 year olds?

Comment

isn't this age group 12 year olds?
                      I was an ECNL parent. Went through the DA split. As much as I didn't like DA, one game, one age group means nothing. If both leagues stay in business it will take years for this to really shake out. Here in the Northeast there just isn't enough high end players for two top leagues. When we were in ECNL there wasn't enough for ONE. In any age group of NE ECNL there were three good teams and the rest sucked. NEFC in the ECNL helped. SSS always had great teams when we played them at younger levels, but draw from the same area as Scorpions/Breakers. I would hate to be doing it again now. The competition seems so watered down in all leagues, it's such a waste to travel so far to play crap teams

Comment

Happy to travel now knowing I would have to play 06 SS Select locally.

Comment

06 is that mostly 8th graders with some 7th graders?

They are playing good soccer at that age, but wait till next year to judge

Comment

I'm not a GDA cheerleader but no one really believes one game with two young teams is representative of the battle of the leagues. Is it funny? Yeah. Would it happen elsewhere? Yeah. But in other parts of the country top DA teams would readily beat ECNL teams.

Comment

Who cares about other regions then where the child can possibly play? Unless you plan on commuting to California, you need to choose a Northeast option.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X