Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNH in NCAA tournament

I've seen all home games this year. Many goals came from DS, a striker who has disappeared from the last few games. Also CA is a very effective striker who has disappeared from the field. And so have the goals from this team that has probably as much talent as any team in the nation but looks like they will bow out early again because they can't score goals. Why would the coach change strategy at the most important time of the year? Basically they have given up any aerial game. UNH dominates possession, much of it in the offensive end. But crosses during the run of play in the air are easily headed away by tall CB's because again, UNH no longer uses a genuine striker with height who can go get the ball. It was a strategy that worked all year. Now it's gone. Anyone have an explanation?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've seen all home games this year. Many goals came from DS, a striker who has disappeared from the last few games. Also CA is a very effective striker who has disappeared from the field. And so have the goals from this team that has probably as much talent as any team in the nation but looks like they will bow out early again because they can't score goals. Why would the coach change strategy at the most important time of the year? Basically they have given up any aerial game. UNH dominates possession, much of it in the offensive end. But crosses during the run of play in the air are easily headed away by tall CB's because again, UNH no longer uses a genuine striker with height who can go get the ball. It was a strategy that worked all year. Now it's gone. Anyone have an explanation?
    I think they have other issues they are dealing with right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I think they have other issues they are dealing with right now.
      Care to explain?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X